[APP][Pro] X10 App

well you can add them as ms13e , if it are not x10 devices using the x10 security protocol which isnt suppoorted by the app, i dont have any x10 security devices.

Hello, i am using A10(Xanura) and X10 devices for practically all lights-around 20 Dim modules - , curtains and luxaflex. Inputs are devies like MS13E, and Xanura SAIX, PIOX15 and IMX10 modules which are essentially interface modules that generate a X10 on or off address as a result of an input from modules like a dusk sensor, switch home/vacation, etc.
Can the X10 app accommodate this?
At the moment I am still using a Xanura homebox controller with about 15 scenario’s running:, but as Eaton recently really stopped all support for Xanura Home box unit, I am looking into a move to Homey and maybe gradually introduce Zwave modules.
On the other hand, I have at least 50 mainly Xanura modules and some Marmitek and after modification of the Xanura SAIX and DAIX modules these are now very reliable and the house has been running very well for the last 4 years

Homey can send X10 RF commands and receive them.
Homey cannot receive nor send X10 powerline commands!

Knowing this you can conclude:

1. Homey will not receive the status of DAIX because these are powerline signals.
    (You can keep your homebox alive and create macro to “forward” status via RF to homey)
  2. Homey will not be able to sent absolute dim commands to your DAIX. Because X10-RF only supports relative bright/dim
    (You can keep your homebox alive and create macros that are triggered by a homey RF command that send a absolute dim command over powerline

What works for me:
I kept a lot of my macros (scenarios) running on my CM15pro. But all the triggers and status is running on homey.
Example: I have a macro on CM15pro thats switches on all my livingroom lights (DAIX) via the powerline. This way I can use absolute dimming commands and prevent x10 conflicts.
This macro is triggered by homey via RF (several different triggers)

homey cant send x10 powerline commands but al rf signals can be send over powerline by all x10 transceivers vice versa, so no problem, thats how i use it

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reaction.The problem is that in the (near) future I want to get rid of the Homebox, because there is no support anymore. And the units are not very stable as the development stopped before the software was completely finished, so there still are some bugs.

My homebox is running on a UPS unit, because if the mains is switched off, there is a chance it crashes and can only be revived by Xanuara support - which no longer exists. I have a second Homebox which seems not to have this problem, but you can see why I am looking to change to Homey…

Concerning the dim commands, here the problem seems to be that the RF transceivers do not support the extended datea code needed for direct dim, etc… I think.

Concerning your statement on forwarding status via RF to Homey: I would need an X10 line to X10RF interface, I am not aware there is one available.

Arie de Haas

See Newbie X10 questions also lots of X10 information

That is correct.
That what I tried to explain with:

But you descriped it better :wink:

Doesnt homebox support X10RF sending/receiving?
If not look at “marktplaats” you will find a lot of cheap X10 material. A CM15pro does the job. (Thats what I have) but there are probably more options

Gr Frank

Hoi Frank,

Thanks for your reply. Concerning the CM15pro, does this unit send all X10 powerline commando’s it receives automatically to the RF transmitter?

Or do you have to program it?

Arie

The CM15pro transmits all received RF commands to the powerline
It does not send received powerline commands to RF.

So indeed you need to create a macro to “forward” the signals to RF

Hi Frank, thanks for your answer, I was afraid it would be like that.
I will have to use standard RF transceivers (RF wall switches, etc.) to get my triggers into Homey, not a big probleem it concerns just 2 logic signals.

Arie

@nattelip, at the top of this topic is “wont work in v2 for the time being”. Do you mean that you are trying to make the app compatible for Homey V2? I can now use the existing x10 divices, but can not add new ones.

Theres also the remark above, but I do not dare to conclude that the “v2 version app” is stable for the new homey v2 firmware
@nattelip can you comfirm the last release of this app is stable for the new v2 homey firmware?

No the X10 app is not ready yet for V2 , the way i use custom pairing the devices ,must be sligtly recoded for V2 , this wasnt known until V2 emerged, and the answer to the pairing problem i just got 3 days ago and is also updated in the developers docs . but a solution will be worked on soon. i dont know if the x10 app survives upgrading from v1 to v2. my homey crashed and had
completely be resetted going to v2 . so all devices must be paired again and that is not yet possible. that is also the case for the rfxcom.2 app. if your x10 app survives the upgrading to v2 it should work. but i cant confirm it. on my v2 homey the app installs and lives but i cant pair yet

you could read the first thick sentence of this thread ?

i did, but you confused me by using “v2” in two ways in this post.
I understand now that “v2” in the thick sentence is refering to v2 of the homey firmware. And “v2” used in “v2 version” is refering to your app and is unrelated to the v2 homey firmware
Right?

no , v2 is and v2 means the same only on the time the v2 version of the app release it wasnt known that the v2 firmware demanded al lot more change in code as was communicated by athom before the release of the v2 firmware, that was not expected.t So i put not V2 compatible for the time being above the thread, to warn the users. A lot more has to changed and chould be changed in the code to let it work with v2

Thanks for your reply!
I will patienly wait with upgrading to homey 2.0 until the X10 app works.
Still have a lot of X10 that works perfectly fine.
So will not risk X10 not working.

Appreciate the work you do
(wish I could program my own stuff in homey apps…, one of the things i would like to dive into this year. Would like homey to read out my RF PIRs from my alarm system. So In can use them in flows…

Gr Frank

@FKey

committed the v2 version to github, waiting for approval trhen you can pair again.

3 Likes

Update Version v2.07 installed an hour ago on my Homey 2.0.
I have setup my X10 devices and tested a few flows and it works perfectly.
Thanks very much for your efforts to make this work again on homey 2.0!