Xiaomi / Aqara Smart Home - Zigbee App (v0.4.3)

zigbee
app

Xiaomi / Aqara Smart home (Zigbee)

This app adds support for the Smart Home devices made by Xiaomi Smart Home Devices working on the Zigbee protocol.

Links:

Supported devices

Note: Other devices are work in progress, at different stages of implementation: see readme of GitHub on actual status.

Installation note: the Xiaomi (non Aqara) range of devices need to be manually kept awake during in the inclusion; keep pressing the button once every 5 seconds until inclusion has finshed.

Supported Languages:

• English
  • Dutch

Acknowledgements:

This app and driver development has been supported by:

Any requests please post them in the Xiaomi-mi Zigbee topic on the Athom Forum or contact me on Slack

If possible, please report issues at the issues section on Github otherwise in the above mentioned topic.

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution

Xiaomi Mi ZigBee - Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Double (WXKG02LM) not pairing
Aqara Vibration sensor, uses?
Using Homey in a motorhome

Changelog:

v 0.4.3

• Add support for the Aqara Wireless Mini Switch (2018) (WXKG11LM, productID sensor_switch.aq2 ), issue #89
  • Add support for the Aqara Wireless Switch Single (2018) (WXKG03LM, productID remote.b186acn01 ), issue #88
  • Add support for the Aqara Wireless Switch Double (2018) (WXKG02LM, productID remote.b286acn01 ), issue #88
    Note: These devices are released by Xiaomi / Aqara with the same product code, but different firmware & capabilities. It is not possible based on the device label to determine which version you have, only based on the Zigbee productID once added to Homey
  • Fix issue where alarm triggers for Aqara vibration sensor were triggered twice, issue #97
  • Add settings option to determine amount of decimals reported for temperature & humidity, feature request #98

v 0.4.2

• Add support for the Aqara Vibration Sensor (DJT11LM), with capabilities tilt-, vibration-, drop-motion, tilt angles (to reference plane), tilt angles (to previous position), vibration strength, tilt-, vibration-, drop-alarm
  • Removing the old, no longer working, (marked DEPRECATED) cards as announced as of release v 0.3.0
  • Optimizing the attribute report settings
  • Update ZigBee meshdriver to 1.2.27

v 0.4.1

• Fix issue where the Aqara Smart Light Wall Switch (LN) Single (product type no: QBKG11LM) can not be controlled

v 0.4.0

• Add support for the ‘Aqara Curtain controller’ (product type no: ZNCLDJ11LM)
  • Fix issue where Aqara Smart Light Wall Switch (L) right button is not activated by FlowCard, issue #64.
    Note: Existing flows for this device will need to be rebuild
  • Fix issue / add support for Aqara Smart Light Wall Switch (LN), issue #60.
    Note: Re-inclusion of devices with Zigbee Product ID lumi.ctrl_ln1.aq1 and lumi.ctrl_ln2.aq1 is needed
    Note: The old (marked DEPRECATED) flow cards of the wireless switches will be removed in a next release; please rebuild your flows based on the new cards

v 0.3.0

• Add support for Aqara Wireless switch with Gyro (product type no: WXKG12LM)
    Note: Switches with this type no. that were included before will need to be re-included in order to work properly
  • Replaced old scene trigger cards with autocomplete cards to fix reported issues
    Note: The old (marked DEPRECATED) cards will be removed in a next release; please rebuild your flows based on the new cards * Update ZigBee meshdriver to 1.2.12

Frequently Asked Questions

reserved

Hi,
How is the support for Aqara Water sensor going?

Hi @Spirre,
Support for the Aqara water sensor, as well as the smoke and natural gas sensor, is depending on the implementation of the Zigbee IAS (Intruder Alarm System zone) cluster within Homey.

This cluster is currently not supported and is likely to be included with or after the Zigbee core re-write (post v2.0 action). See also https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2005

We’ll have to be patient…

Hello!

Are there any plans to add support for the xiaomi mi jia aqara trillingen/shock sensor? They are on sale for only €11,- and I think you can do really cool things with it like using it as a door/window sensor, put it on the washing machine to check when it’s ready etc…

Yep…
just received the Aqara vibration sensor and started to reverse engineer the communication with this device…

So far, I see that the device sends events triggers (vibration / tilt / drop detected) and tilt angle (non-signed)…

From the Xiaomi Mi app:

Tilt angle is not shown, but is reported in the original app…

Vibration strength is also reported but I still need to figure out how the value / curve is determined…

Question about the curtain controller - does this allow part opening etc, and if so how does that represent in homey?

Awesome! Thanks a lot.

@vaderag
Yes, opening and closing is presented as a slider with percentage in Homey. It can be set to any percentage. Similar to a dimmer.

@vaderag The curtain controller can be operated with a sider providing a setpoint similar to the dim level of a dimmer (0% = closed, 100% = opened). In addition, you can give an open / close / hold command.

© screenshot @Eternity

An offcourse you can also pull the curtain gently to open or stop

Fab, thanks

Is there any difference between the ‘original’ with zigbee vs 2018?

Curtain rail mounting variations

Size of the rail segments
Some suppliers ship in 50 cm chunks, others in sizes up to 250 cm. Less connections make the rail smoother to operate (and less noisy). The parcel is more visible in the post so you might get taxed.

Connecting rail segments
To connect the separate segments, I have found two variations. One is a blind connection: a metal connectors slides in the rail and that is fixated with 4 crews to the rail. Can’t show a picture, as the are blind mounted :slight_smile:
Advantage: not visible once mounted
Disadvantage: the segmets are not 100% connected, I stil have a 1 mm gap

The other way is a visible connector one the outside of the rail, with also a ‘spring’ metal connector on the inside of the rail.

As I am planning the conseal the rail I have no problem with the exterior connector.
Advantage: stronger connector
Disadvantage: visible if curtains are opened

Hanging the rails
The rails can be wall and ceiling mounted. I myself have no experience with wall mounting them, but brackets can be ordered (albeit a bit expensive imho).
Ceiling mounting is done via metal clips that attachs to the rail. I have found two variations:
Clips that are screwed and visible on both sides of the rail:

And a clip that connects to the rail and is only partially visible:

Mounting the controller
This can be done on either side of the rail. As a consequence the status open/closed will be mirrored. A future App update might/will support a mirroring feature.

I would like to integrate the: Xiaomi Universal IR Remote Controller https://www.gearbest.com/smart-home/pp_229556.html .

Is there any possibility to support this device? I would like to automatically start devices like tv and dolby units where there is no possibility of receiving IR signals through homey directly.

Thanks for that info - really useful!
Out of interest, did the different connectors just come from different suppliers or is there some way to choose?

Also, how do you plan to conceal them?!

Unfortunately I had no influence on the type of connectors. I ordered my first rail, and it came ‘as is’. Later I ordered via the shop that offers longer length rails, and those (two separate orders) arrived with other connectors and ceiling mounts.

I bet stuff can be found and ordered separately. I ordered extra curtain ‘runners’ separately from another shop.

My rails will (eventually…) be hiding in a coving (koof in Dutch).

@Kevin_Vijver this app focusses on the Zigbee based Xiaomi / Aqara devices.
The Xiaomi Universal IR Remote Controller is a WiFi based device.

You could check if Xiaomi Mi Home app developer is able to add support for this device: https://community.athom.com/t/118

Alternative would be to use a BroadLink RM mini 3: https://www.gearbest.com/living-appliances/pp_357329.html?wid=1433363 which is supported by the Broadlink app: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.broadlink

Wil the Aqara Smart Motion Sensor International Edition be supported? or perhaps it is already supported…

@Tim_Messerschmidt the developer is busy to get these sensors working as you can read a few posts back…

@TedTolboom is it interesting for me to buy the xiaomi gateway in order to update my sensors to the newest firmware? Or are there no updates availible for these devices…