[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Yeah, should be like that. :wink:
Still isn’t here, but - should be.

And did you manage to fix this?

Hi Ted.
Don’t wanna get on your nerves (btw: you should ask Athom to pay developers money for the(ir) work you guys do - I mean w/o the 3rd party Apps Homey is nothing but a (better!?) raspberry)…

Though I need to report again: After reinstalling the Xiaomi app and adding 2 Motion sensors to the blank zigbee sector - no more motion (or vibration) sensors can be added. Temp and door sensors: no problem to add them now. But homey doesn’t react to any motion sensor after 2 are installed.
It looks to me like kinda limitation for that “category” (?) of sensors maybe?

Yeah, the problem has come back here, too after stable 2.0.0.
Up to four of my aqara human body sensors trigger, sometime only three. Always the last one triggered does not report motion.

Man! And I was so happy with the stability of this Homey.
Just ordered a bunch of z-wave motion sensors.

1 Like

First of all, thanks for your great work!

I recently upgraded to Homey v2.0 (like many others :wink: ) functionally everything works :sunglasses:

Dunno if it is mentioned already but i think I found a little bug in the Xiaomi app, Since the upgrade to v2 all Xiaomi sensors report empty batteries, I replaced one but does not solve it (would be a real coincidence ofcource that they are all empty at once )

I only have sensors from Xiaomi, some bulps from ikea but can’t test other make end-devices

Look up ^^ and you shall find the answer. No battery until Athom fixes something on zigbee.

Same issue here with the thirth Aqara motion sensor. The sensor is visible in the Zigbee network but I receive no triggers.

Updated to v2.0. Forgot to clean up prior to - had two ghost Aqara Wireless 2018 switches initially paired with Homey but later re-paired with the Aqara Hub. Now it expectedly says Device unavailable/Unknown error, but I can’t remove the darn thing, the app gives me “status.could_not_find_zigbee_shepherd_device” error.

Re-installing the app would mess up my several flows with motion sensors, etc.

Is there a way to force remove a device that is no longer paired?

Thanks!

Had the same as well, so I uninstalled the app.
After that it was possible to at least add 2 (no, now it’s 3!) motion sensors but not more.

Thank God, 2.0 is stable (I mean „stable not working“ is though stable…) :grin:

Sounds like I`m going to be on 1.5 for a long period yet with 20+ Aqara devices :grin:

I have a huge problem with my aqara human sensors. I have 20 sensors and sometimes one of them won’t report motion to homey, it’s not always the same sensor. Really annoying! Is this a bug or what?

Works well with 2.0 so again kudo’s to @TedTolboom! I already gave the man some money a while back, but would definitely encourage others to do the same for his great work!

One thing through: I would like to know if it will be possible in the (near) future to have the temperature state of the temperature sensors in the devices page, like it currently works with my Tado thermostat for temp and Hue lights for state (so basically the little round circle in the top right corner with the state).

This has been asked by community developers: https://github.com/athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues/issues/17 and by users on facebook: https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/C04E9KJAD/p1547630451428900 but its untill now only acknowledged as a suggestion :frowning:
Please ask Athom for this functionality here: https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/requests/new getting more and more requests may get it higher on the list!

1 Like

This is indeed an awsome app! Thanks @TedTolboom!
I will head over to the donations page now to contribute to this great app.

I have included the double Wallswitch (L, L1, L2) on my Homey with fw 2.0. It shows only one icon in my app which switches only the legt switch. When I want to use the right switch I have to open the icon where I can see switch 1 and switch 2. It is not possible to change the namens of these switches.

Question:
Is it possible to split the Icon into switch left and switch right?

Q&A time:

Wow, someone is actually reading the readme :grin:
This is actually for co-developers wanting to make a contribution to the app. I’ll see if I can rephrase this sentence (or remove it completely)

Not related to v2. In the next app update, I plan to activate the battery reporting.

Did you try to remove the device and let it time out? In 1.5.x this was the option to remove “lost” devices.

Thanks @Sanderrr and @JaccoStraaijer. Really appreciated and these contributions enable futher development to this app!

@JohanE That is correctly noticed, but actually unchanged behaviour compared to 1.5.x.
This is related to a limitation in the current Zigbee implementation of Homey; no support for multichannel nodes that allow creating a child device for a secondair switch. So this will only be resolved with the Zigbee re-write.
With some creativity, it can be resolved. :wink:
Create a virtual switching device for the right switch and link the states of the virtual switch to the right switch through two flows (virtual to right switch and right switch to virtual).

2 Likes

Q&A time (part two):

I appreciate your suggestion, but I don’t think this will be something Athom will be doing on short term.
And no, you;ll need to step up big time to really get on my nerves. :wink:

There is only one limitation in adding Zigbee devices and that is that you are only able to add 22 endDevices per routing device (including Homey as controller). So without any routing device (mains powered Zigbee device directly connected to Homey), 22 is the max. There is no limitation that takes into account the type of device.

How many devices did you include so far and what other Zigbee devices (in Homey’s network) do you use?
How do you conclude that Homey does not react to motion sensor after 2 are installed?

@danone @Rob @Tb1 is this still present?
As far as I am aware, nothing changed from Zigbee perspective (or the micro controller) in 2.0.0.
And trigger cards have all been tested on 2.0.0.

I did see several reports of failing IKEA Tradfri devices. Do you also use them as routing devices in your mesh?

I’ll try to reproduce this weekend; if time and wife permits.

1 Like

Hello, someone over here knows when the battery status will be available ? Or the next update ?

Poke Athom. It is up to them to fix a Zigbee issue. The dev of this app is waiting for the fix, too.

@Robert_b89 please read up a few comments

That is incorrect. This update is available, I need the time to, next to solving / answering all “issues” on 2.0.0, test and debug the battery updates on all devices.

2 Likes