[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Same issue here, all seniors no response.

1 Like

how do you mean this? Because iā€™ve upgraded too and the sensors still report their temp and battery status for example.

Just received an update as well from both of my sensors. Both did not respond any temp or humid after the app update.

I use 3 temp sensors and 3 hours after updating the Xiaomi app they start reporting. So everything is back to normal again.

Hi guys! This is probably the third, or tenth time this questions is asked. I tried to scroll through the thread but didnā€™t find the exact answer.

Aqara devices report battery status, yes.
When it comes to Xiaomi battery powered devices, only the temp sensor report battery status:

Are there still possiblities to get the other ones working also, such as the switch, door sensor and occupancy sensor? Or are there hard limitations in terms of hardware or FW from Xiaomi, or such?

A final question, my Xiaomi door and occupancy sensors do not report battery status (as mentioned above), but I do have a battery alarm status on each device, which says ā€œOK!ā€. Is this information valid?

All my Temperature/Humidity and Human body sensor are working great with this update, Thnks!
Is it with the Temperature/Humidity sensors anyway possible to show some changes in values in the log. Now it only says ā€˜Batterij ging uit, 4 days agoā€™. Now I only see the actual readings of the sensor itself.

I donā€™t know is this app issue or Homey issue. Some of my Xiaomi devices go offline. I get those back online when is re-pairing those. But after that some other Xiaomi devices go offline. I have 38 zigbee devices. All Xiaomi devices (22pcs) are EndDevices and only 1 of those is connect directly to Homey. But all my RouterDevices are connected direct to Homey, that is maybe Homey problem.

@TedTolboom Just migrated my 9 x Aqara single and double wall switches (lumi_neutral version) from my Aqara Gateway back to Homey. However, all of them are trying to talk directly to Homey and meshing does not happen.

I think Zigbeeā€™s going haywire on Homey 2.0.

If they are battery powered they will not mesh. I have several xiaomi door and movement sensors and they wonā€™t mesh aswell but work perfectly.

Yup, I know. Iā€™m referring to the powered aqara wall switches that are routers.

Then it should mesh if neededā€¦

New update released to the app store, fixing an issue where the motion alarm would be cancelled, while still in the alarm duration period. (awaiting app store approval)

I am afraid to ask what is probably a very stupid question: Using Home and this app, can the Aqara devices be connected without having the Aqara Gateway?

If u mean Homey and this app then itā€™s a yes!

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

Thank you! This was a big one for me, yet I have never report it as I used an workaround solution.
Thank you again!

Sorry for asking again, but is there a limitation in the older Xiaomi sensors that makes it impossible to make it report the battery, or is this something that will come eventually?

Some one who really knows will probably answer but the oval ones do not report battery status at my house but the rectagular (Aqara) do.

if you have the the regular Aqara ones (not the old rounded), but installed them before may 2018, you have to readd them. @TedTolboom told me so.

only then they will have the new capabilities like battery status.

No, I have the old Xiaomi:

It is clearly stated that they dont support battery reporting, but my question us basically if this is something that might come, or if there are hard limitions for these devices