[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Thanks for the upate TED. This was my biggest issue lately where bulbs went out when not triggered.
Hopefully with 0.5.2 this wil be gone :slight_smile:

Q&A time; more A then Q…

@Maurice_OT Initially, I thought about a mesh issue, but if you are using long motion alarm cancellation times, this could have been caused by the lifeline report directly updating the alarm state. That should be solved in v0.5.2

I’ll need to check if it is (already) possible to write to the device log from within the app.

@Jari_Tyrvainen and @edwintan I don’t have any control over Z-wave / Zigbee mesh-creation from within the app; this is all handled within the core. As well as showing the routes on the tooling.

Some simple checks:

• Do the / all devices still work as they intend to work? If so, simply ignore the routing tables.
  • When going to the Zigbee tools section, please check that the ‘Current Command’ (bottom row of the system information) shows ‘generateMap’.
    • if not, force refresh the page, until it does show ‘generateMap’
    • if it does, wait for 2-3 minutes and the routes should start showing

I still fail miserably in mind reading…

Only the Xiaomi temperature and humidity sensor and the Xiaomi Cube are reporting battery levels. All other Xiaomi devices; e.g. occupancy sensor or door and window sensor are not.

This is indeed a device limitation. I haven’t seen any communication from these devices that could even hold the battery info.

2 Likes

Anybody any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Can somebody share their flow with the new 2.0 app if they managed to get the volume up / down of a sonos system by turning the cube clockwise / anti-clockwise? I can not figure out how to make it happen…Thanks in advance.

@Mole did you try a similar setup as described in:

Yes, but can not see where I go wrong:

Step by step:

1. I would recommend to combine both actions into one into the math.js calculation card
  2. does the first flow work? Manually set the volume of the Sonos to a different level and test this flow to see if the volume is changed
  3. Does after a rotation the BL variable change?

Don"t see a command to actually SET the value (Sonos volume - keuken) to the Sonos speaker.

if you don’t SET these value to the speaker, it won’t work!

1. I would recommend to combine both actions into one into the math.js calculation card
  2. does the first flow work? Manually set the volume of the Sonos to a different level and test this flow to see if the volume is changed
  3. Does after a rotation the BL variable change?

Forgive me for being a noob. I tried several options but it does not respond. When i test the first flow it gives me an error: Token_out-of-range. So the answer on the 2 question is no. I do not get the first question, where and how can i combine both actions?
About the third question, if i turn the cube i see that the variable does change…

I made a “simple” flow to see if it works anyway, and in this setup it responds. It seems to go wrong with translating the turning into a volume step.

Can u try the BL cards without the tags but with the names of the variables typed?

My problem was bad Homey power supply. First devices drop from mesh, later Homey drop from Internet and booting. Then I take power off about 20min. After that Homey not start anymore. Then I change new USB power supply and everything works now.

2 Likes

Ok. Good to hear it is solved now!

Hello Ted,

I now also experience zigbee devices that drop out of the mesh network. It happen when i added an Ikea wall outlet to the mesh. When it was added too homey I have PullThePlug from homey placed my Ikea outlet upstairs and after 15 minutes i powered homey again. This is what i do to make sure the mesh is created with the routers i have placed all over the house.

I now see devices that donot connect to the homey and are actually in close proximity of the homey like MAX 4 meters.

I can add them again but everytime i reset the MESH network devices are dropping of in the list. When you just pull the plug for 10 seconds the mesh is not changed.

@TedTolboom Will/can you add history to vibration sensor? I realy like that you added battery info on the other sensor btw. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Kjelle, also for you donation! Much appreciated!

As mentioned above, it is not yet possible to choose as app developer which data is shown in the device history.

Currently Homey’s core only shows here the Boolean capabilities; onoff and alarm_. I’ll check with Athom if they will provide an option to be able to add data to this history.

We are stil waiting for 0.5.2 is there a problem you probably know?

@Rob Still waiting for approval…
I’ll kick Athom for the approval of this update.

1 Like

Ok, thank’s for replying Ted!
I thought that it was in the app software because in the old insight i had the statics on all the sensors in the vibration device, now i only get battery, not any alarms at all…

If you mean like this, then unfortunately IT does not work…

Your variable “Sonos volume - keuken” is now updated, but you need to set the value of this variable, to your Speaker by adding an extra card like:
image Sonos volume - keuken

Hi JPe4619, i have that already in another flow:

This with the flow above is the setup in wich i try to make IT work (+the BL)