Homey Community Forum

Xiaomi / Aqara Smart Home - Zigbee App (v0.5.5)

I use the Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor outsite in my garden for 3,5 months now and no problems.

But when it’s freezing the battery show a little bit lower 3 or 4 %, but if it is warmer then the battery show a little bit higher, and now the battery is still 100%.

Exactly how I did it with 0 problems

Freezer works fine (only about 2 weeks now). I put it inside a “boterhamzakje” and pulled the air out just to be sure.

Humidity won’t work then right?

@neluz Tnx… i have copied your flows. Works great. !

I placed one with in the freezer it stopped working and displays as -100c, it was placed with in a water tight bag.

You might want to check out @danone project

Switching devices

Why not just use a switch?

Because it can be integrated. In a device or behind a wall switch

So, just to make sure i’m understanding correctly - I could use this behind a standard, non-smart, wall switch to allow that switch to be used as normal yet also allow smart control?

If you have enough space, you can

Have the non-aqara (round model) ones and they work fine in the fridges and freezers. Even in the shed which is over 12 meters from Homey with HR glass and walls in between. Only drawback is the battery life that is shortened by the cold.

I think outside they will be fine as long as they are not in the direct rain or snow. If they would be, then maybe you could put it in a water resistant wall box or something like that.

That would certainly help.

At this moment, I don’t see practical use for this device at my home; so I would only order it to add support for this device to the app…

This is marginally off topic, but related… a lot of people have asked why the lux value isn’t updated outside of motion and we all know that is a device limitation

My question is, has anyone found a (cheap) device to use in tandem with these to get decent, constant lux values?

I had the same problem, see this topic: Hue motion sensor - no lux value

I use the Neo Coolcam V2 now, and happy with that one. Only the zwave range is a bit limited, but it is in the same room as homey thus working fine (for the rest I use Philips Hue, Ikea Tradfri and Xiaomi, and that’s all zigbee).

I have the coolcam too and I find that the lux is a bit flakey tbh.
Mostly works, but sometimes will just max or min out for no reason

Also, my zigbee mesh much stronger (sometimes) than zwave so similar issue

Basically your situation

Yeah Ideal situation would be a:
-affordable
-zigbee
-continous (short interval without trigger) reporting

LUX sensor.

Anyone? :slight_smile:

Back at this again, after a couple of weeks the sensor gave out again, same issues, can’t readd it…

I’ve reconfigured my AP to use channel 6 instead of 11. Maybe it helps, but I still can’t re-add the sensor.

Is there anything I can do to increase the zigbee signal or reset the zigbee protocol on the homey? How are the experiences with these door/window sensors on range?

If the sensor is unresponsive, sometimes it is just enough to press the wake-up button to get it working again. If you just reset it (without proper disassociation from Homey) you can’t add it again until you removed it. You have to remove it from Homey, then reset the device and then you should be able to add it again.

Zigbee devices that are powered by 220 are mostly capable of acting as a repeater. For instance Zigbee plugs or Hue or Trådfri bulbs. Or you could buy a specific Zigbee repeater.

You can reset the Zigbee network, but if you do that, all devices and settings will be gone and you have to add every device again. Also every flow associated with a disappeared device has to be repaired.

I myself have no experience with the Xiaomi door/window sensors, only with the temp sensors.