[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

@Rob the app update has just been approved.

1 Like

This works for me:

Must have missed it but; I now see “OK” in my battery status rather than 100% for all. How does that translate to a percentage (ie; when percentage is below xx% trigger battery alarm)?

In the Battery section, both the battery level as well as the batter alarm is shown (Homey app).
OK, suggests that your primary view is the battery alarm. There is a drop down selection at the top to select the battery value.

Aha! So the “OK” only changes when the battery alarm is triggered.

Cool, good stuff!

Hello,

Is there support for the Aqara zigbee smart bulbs?

These look really Nice and are only 10(!) Euro.

Thanks!

Pretty certain they’re wifi (not zigbee), which would be covered by the other app

If there are Zigbee ones tho I would love to see them tho!

No, not yet.

Pretty sure they are Zigbee :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I tried to order them several times; so far no luck in actually receiving them.
But, @Rocodamelshekima is so kind to send me his bulb (after doing some tests at his side)…
Hope to include support for the bulb in ~2 weeks time.

1 Like

Well colour me interested then!
Did a search on Aliexpress and only came up with wifi aqara!

I dont know if it is permitted to share links, buy

Only in White for now. These are different from the yeelights, wich have wifi

1 Like

Presumably these will act as a repeater as well to help solidify the mesh?

Random question, does the quality of the zigbee mesh vary by brand? I.e. if I have Innr, Hive and Aqara all being used will that be less good than going for a single brand?

Thx, made a donation

Hi, I am struggling with adding a double wall switch (LN version). I have so far connected a light to only one of the switches, but no matter what I do, the other switch is the one added as a device. When pressing the icon in the Homey app, the other switch clicks alright. When trying to add the other switch, I get an error of duplicate device.

I have tried various sequences of first adding one of the switches, then the other, but all with the same outcome.

Any advice on how to do this?

@bjornand I guess you are using Homey SW v2.0.0 and the latest Homey app version.

The double wall switch will only be represented by 1 device in Homey.
Due to a limitation within the Zigbee core, the second device can’t be added as multichannel node.

In the app, when opening the device, you will see the onoff button.
On top of it, in the latest app, there is a pull down showing the “switch 1” and “switch 2” toggle.

I’m in contact with Athom to remove this drop down version and show the two buttons next to each other (like in earlier builds)

Ah, noe I see it. Yes, I am using the latest versions. Would be good to have this work more logically.

But it seems in HomeKit, which I primarily use, the switch appears as one and there is no obvious way to choose which to control? I might need the Aqara gateway after all?

Hold on @bjornand ! There is no need to start cursing here :wink:

This is indeed related to linking a second switch to the same device; that is not recognized by HomeKit.

This is easily solvable…
Create a virtual switch device for the second switch and link the virtual device through 2 flows to the second switch.

Flow 1: WHEN virtual device switched on THEN switch on second switch
Flow 2: same for off

Easier then buying a Xiaomi gateway right?

First of all, thanks a lot for your quick and competent replies!

And this is indeed better than getting the gateway.

However, being a week-old Homey newbie, I am not sure I know how to set up these virtual devices/flows. Is there a receipe somewhere for this?

OK, I am getting there, using the Virtual Devices app. However, I can only get a device linked to switch one of the double switch. Can’t figure out to link it to the second switch?

Ok, I more or less figured it out, after creating the virtual device as a switch. My only issue now is that in the Home app, when turning on or off the second switch, the status of switch 1 is (erroneously) changed as well. Is there any way to avoid this?