[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Thanks @Rob for contributing to the development of this app :+1:t2:

I have problems to connect different sensors. including temperature sensor and Wireless switch. The strange thing is that some sensors wil connect, some can not connect.

This is the error code:

I just connected five fresh sensors this afternoon. The trick is that after the long press and the blue flashes, one has to click that same button every two seconds during the started pairing process to keep the sensor aliveā€¦

I had no problems in the actual connection process for an Aqara motion sensor, but all last night I had the issue that the sensor did not update for long periods of time, sometimes with 2 hours delays. This morning, it seemed to work again, though, but I fear that might be temporary. Is this a known issue? Any remedies, if so?

@bjornand also thanks for your contribution!

Did not report motion alarm triggers (while motion occured) or did not report lumination levels throughout the night? In the latter case, the sensor only reports lumination levels when motion is detected. Not when the luminance level changes.

After the Zigbee rewrite (by Athom), there might be opportunities to add the luminance data originating from the lifeline report (currently deformed data).

Yes, the problem was it didnā€™t update/report motion alarms, which is what I use to trigger lights. But it seems to be working quite consistently this morning; perhaps it could be related to my changing the battery of the sensor? Some kind of tampering protection?

Hi Rocodamelshe, i used your sugestion, but unfortenately no succes. Would you mind to share the complete flow(s) to make it happen?

For an Aqara wired wall switch, when these are used in the Home app (which is how I mainly control my smart home), turning on/off switch 2 changes the displayed state of switch 1 (but not the actual state). Is there any way to avoid this?

Hi, still hoping someone can help a Homey newbieā€¦ I have an Aqara LN double wall switch installed, and I used Tedā€™s advice to create a virtual device and two flows to turn on/off switch #2. In the Homey app, this works as intended, both the lefts and right button can be controlled independently of one another and they display the correct on/off status.

However, when these two devices show up in the Home app, things get more complicated. For some reason, the right physical button (which is controlled by the virtual device) can be turned on/off by pressing the icon and it displays the correct state. However, for the left physical button, when turning it on the same way, this also turns on the right button and the same for turning it off. And even if I use the physical button to turn on the right switch, the Home app still shows it being on.

Is there any way to make this work as it should?

100% Zigbee, I have one^ patiently waiting to be supported

Thanks to @Rocodamelshekima for offering this Aqara LED bulb, and @Ruskie for his patience :wink:, I was able to fix the final details to be able to add the Aqara LED bulb to the appā€¦ so:

Just uploaded to the app store for approval (still waiting).

4 Likes

Can you tell us some of your impressions of the light? Is it better than ikea tradfri by example? How yellow is the white color of these bulbs? Andā€¦ Does it has support for rgb? Or only whiteā€¦

Only ā€œshadesā€ of white, no colour, but it has a really nice soft-start/fade-out, even when controlled via Homekit and not the native Mi Home app.

Donā€™t have any Ikea lights but I canā€™t think of much this bulb could do but doesnā€™t. Itā€™s only EUR10 and itā€™s Zigbee, not Wi-Fi, thus less hassle setting it up and (arguably) more reliable.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not funny! I was just about ready to give up waiting and then do nothing about it and continue waiting, so the timing is perfect! :rofl:

Now did you hear about the new BLE MESH Yeelights? Announced at CES 2019 and already appearing on Aliexpressā€¦? :slight_smile:

And available in the app store.

2 Likes

Seems like my 86sw2un (double wireless switch) has stopped working since the latest update. Itā€™s not responding anymore.

Anything known?

My double ln wall switch has been playing up for some time but is now apparently giving a bit more info on the device.
It seems to occasionally drop to all red lights under the device

It will fix itself after a time, but then drop again randomly

Iā€™ve tried re pairing and it pairs to homey fine where it is, so distance isnā€™t an issue

Any thoughts?

Wellā€¦ My Zigbee network seems to be unreliable, dropping sensorsā€¦ Happens mainly with Xiaomi devicesā€¦ I also read about this here at Smartthings community

I am working on a solution/ workaround:

• Move all Ikea Tradfri Lamps to the Philips Hue network (kids are using the on/off switching on an of sometimes, and than ā€œroutersā€ are missing
  • Xiaomi sensors (over 40) directly on Homeyā€¦ but since this is either too much or the house is too big I added 5 Trafdri control outlets to function as router

B U T since I am not able to delete devices this plan doesnā€™t work :frowning: suggestions are more than welcomeā€¦

This nice table could be of help for people with similar issues:

What kind of router do you have?
I had similar issues, but looks like it is rock solid stable now on day 6.