[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Thanks, missed that one!

Hi @TedTolboom,

I tried to include my new Xiaomi Aqara sensors but it didn’t work (see: Can't add Zigbee (Xiaomi) devices anymore)

Do you have any ideas?

Is the Xiaomi Mi Home Air Conditioner Plug supported?

Would this connect as a standard Xiaomi Zigbee Plug?

Have you checked the app?
https://apps.athom.com/app/com.xiaomi-mi

@AdrianLiteAuto As far as I know, the Air Condition Companion works (only) through wifi; not Zigbee…
So it would be more a question to the Xiaomi Mi Home app developer: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.xiaomi-miio

Yes, it is not mentioned here, but I was just wondering if it had been tested and functioned the same as the standard ZigBee plug.

Ok thanks. Ill try there.
The description mentions both wifi and ZigBee, so was just wondering if it had been tested it supported over ZigBee first.

Sorry guys very basic question.

I was recommended Aquara body motion sensor and it
worked so well I bought x4. My appreciation to the
developer, works better (wide range, more responsive) than my much more expensive
aeotec 6 in 1 motion sensors.

Then I got smart and both the xiaomi body motion sensor thinking it was the same.

I could almost pair with Homey but it gets stuck on the
“pairing …” And never completes.

Does this app support it? Just want to be sure, if it
doesn’t it’s all good.

1 Like

You bought 4 body motion sensors and then bought 1 more? I think that IS the same?

You mean the Xiaomi Mi Sensor? The one with a hole on the side instead of a button and no slot on top for lux sensor?

It is model number RTCGQ01LM. If so, it must be supported - see Supported devices on top.

Sometimes I find it helps to keep pressing the button every 2-3 secs (pushing the pin in this case) during the pairing process.

I do that with all Xiaomi / Aqara devices.

Mr Tolboom please take a look at issues on GitHub - can’t remove/re-add a switch that went dead on me.

Never mind, just tried it again in one hour - removed and re-added successfully.

Yeah this one. It’s supported??

I did and got

"Something went wrong whilst adding your device, please try again later.

If you do not manage to pair the device with Homey,
try resetting it first."

Any idea how to reset the motion sensor?

Per description on top of this very page, it is.

Push the supplied (?) pin in the hole for five seconds until something blinks. That would disconnect/unpair the device from whatever it was paired to.

Thanks managed to pair it.

The Aquara one seems better as it comes with a holder
but otherwise xiaomi one works same

Hello Community,

I am really sorry if the answer to this question is somewhere in this post, bit i di not spend time reading all the replies.

In the beginning of this port it is said, that the sensitivity of the Aqara Vibration Sensor can’t be set due to some limitations of the homey zigbee core. Is this still the status quo or is there a possibility since V2.0?

Regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

No, this is not possible on v2.0.
It will require a change that depends on the Zigbee rewrite; no timing provided…

1 Like