Xiaomi devices hacks

There was a threat started on the old forum about Xiaomi Hacks.
Thanks to @bullseye1977

“Pretty new to all the homey possibilities. What i created is a cheap proof of concept zigbee wall switch.
Bought a “puls drukker” at the local Hornbach and soldered the switch to the internal contacts of the Xiaomi Aqara Smart Wireless Switch. Now i can select 4 scenes with this wall switch (on - off - dim 20% - sexy time) of my phillips Hue / Ikea lighting.
Nice thing it fits my current wall switches and i have one uniform look on the wall.”

2018-09-07%2022_53_01-Xiaomi%20devices%20hacks%20%E2%80%94%20Athom%20Community%20Forum
2018-09-07%2022_53_20-Xiaomi%20devices%20hacks%20%E2%80%94%20Athom%20Community%20Forum

There where a lot of people interested in the schema to connect the “puls drukker”.
I’ve take a multimeter and came with this conclusion:
Connect the “puls drukker” on the two holes.

8 Likes

I am VERY interested in this (UK switch tho)
Presumably a momentary switch right?

More detail you can give as I’d love to get this hooked up to a lightswitch for the UK!!

1 Like

Yes: “Pulsdrukker” is Dutch for momentary switch :wink:

I would like to see how i connect the two cables from th switch to the xiaomi device. Door sensor or one button-switch.

Is this possible?
Thx

On the old forum are pictures including the switch:

You have to connect the two wires on the L and N from the switch.

yes i know, but i was interessted how you connect it at the xiaomi device :wink:

How did you get it out of the casing?

@vaderag Xiaomi / Aqara typically use the same connections to fix the housing parts… 2 sides with 1 clamp and 2 sides with 2 clamps.
If you gently use a sharp knife you can unclamp the clamps at 2-3 positions and then you are able to open the housing

1 Like

Great, thanks.

And, presumably, it doesnt matter which way i connect these little holes, just that they are connected, right?
[edit] answering my own question… of course it doesnt.

Just managed to whack it together - my soldering skills are terrible, my soldering iron too big and I nearly de-soldered a piece next to the holes, but it’s working and held together with electrical tape
Can’t get the back on the thing again since i have the wires poking out a hole so the battery is held in with tape too.
Also the actual button seems to be stuck depressed so that a sqeeze of the unit activates it. No idea how that’s happened!

But, it works.
Momentary switch on it’s way so wiring it in when it arrives and I should be in business :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone come across a small inline switch or terminal block that has a switch which could sit inside the light fitting alongside this?

I don’t particularly want to hard wire the switch since resetting the bulbs requires multiple clicks, and while it doesnt happen often i’d like to be able to do it if needed…

The round switch has more triggers, the long is press extra. So today I created a switch for in the wall, behind a momentary switch.

Here a picture with the soldering points:

This is the product label:

2 Likes

Awesome hack! Thanks!

I couldnt find a product that offers zwave or zigbee with battery and that can be build in behind a normal momentary (pulsdrukker) switch (in my case Berker switch). This solution is great.

I can confirm it also works with model WXKG11LM, can be bought at Amazon: https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B07D19YXND/

The soldering wasnt easy for me (first timer), but I got it in the end and it works perfect.

I made 4 flows to mimic the Fibaro Dimmer 2: 1 press (on/off), long press (true=dim up, set bool==false), long press again (false=dim down, set bool==true), release (stop dimming)