[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

Goeie @DirkG :roll_eyes:
Didnā€™t think of thatā€¦ This insight shows that there is no inconsistency in the connection. So therefore it is either lack of water or the sensor is not deep enough to register the correct values. Iā€™ll try to put it lower in the pot .

1 Like

How do you get the moisture levels on the tiles? Mine only shows temperature, lightintensity and battery

1 Like

Install the v4.0.0. Testversion, that should do the trick.

Then moisture (vochtigheid) and nutrition (voeding) levels can be selected too

1 Like

Has anybody an advice how to increase the range of the mi flora sensors within the homey system and that app? some kind of BLE Repeater based on raspberry or any xiaomi devices ?
I know from MqTT bridges to WLAN etc. but using them I cannot use this app and its flows anymore, or can I ?

Thanks

The ble antenna is the same as the WiFi antenna inside of Homey. You could replace this by doing a antenna mod (search forum for this) but it isnā€™t for the faint hearted.

I have a moisture value that doesnā€™t update. It has been silent for 3 days now. I added the sensor to the flora app and it says 33% moisture level (see attachement)

The rest of the values are updating just fine (see attachement)

Any idea what it could be?

Edit: pulled the battery, blew some compressed air through it, smacked it around and now its updating again. Donā€™t now what did the trick but its working again :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just release an new version:

ā—ļø This concerns an migration of capacities. Insights into history are lost forever.

flora_measure_fertility => measure_nutrition
flora_measure_moisture => measure_moisture

v4.0.0 - 14.07.2021

3 Likes

Thanx Leendert, v4.0.0 test ran fine.

My mi flora stopped updating the sensor values in Homey. Retrieving the values through a flow leads to an error. In the mi flora app it takes ages for the values to return, still works though.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

@Hermano Had it once so far. What can helps is. Remove it from the plant and remove the battery for 5 minutes. and then put the battery back in. Then wait until Homey returns to zero. Then you can put it back in the flowers that worked for me.

Did nothing so far. flows are working normally again. I donā€™t see any values in my homey app. System will reboot this night, will see what happens.

Hey Leendert,
I just discovered double capabilities in Insights.
Can it be related with the migration of nutrition (ā€œVoedingā€) and moisture (ā€œVochtigheidā€) capabilities?

You can see the recording of the "earlierā€™ capabilities stop, and the migrated capabilities start recording at around July.

Itā€™s not a ā€˜biggieā€™, I think itā€™s an Insights only thing.
And probably only fixable by removing and installing the app again.

Cheers

strange, I donā€™t have the the old insights anymore. I think your devices still have the old capability.

If Iā€™m right, a new capability is added in device.onInit( ) with addCapability(). That doesnā€™t remove the old one. This will stay until the device is deleted. New added devices only have the new capability.
So it seems you have re-added the device and @Peter_Kawa kept the device.

You could remove old capabilities with removeCapability( ) in onInit( ) to clear the devices. If the new app cersion starts, all old capabilities would be removed for all users.

Edit: Ceck with hasCapability( ) before add/remove to avoid exceptions. But you surely have the check already in your code for adding the new capability.

1 Like

I think not, while the new capabilities became available for my device tiles after v4.0.0-test install.

True, I only installed the updated app and didnā€™t touch the devices

Iā€™ve checked the code. First the new capabilities are added, and then the old removed if they exist.

This part is only executed once.

Are you sure the old devices capabilities are gone from the device?

Yes, these are the current and available capabilities
The values represent the recent values of Insights graph ā€œAug. until Oct.ā€.

So only Insights kept the old capabilities as far as I can see.

Developer:

Cheers & thanks

Hi Koktail

I have around 30 Plant Sensors, most of them I can reach via Homey BLWE directly
But there are some I canā€™t reach and have to mange the plants otherwise

What do you think of an enhancement of your app for range extension via MqTT, so that plant data which is not reachable direct via BLE can be integrated via MQTT.

Exentension could be done with: GitHub - ThomDietrich/miflora-mqtt-daemon: Linux service to collect and transfer Xiaomi Mi Flora plant sensor data via MQTT to your smart home system, with cluster support šŸŒ±šŸŒ¼šŸ„€šŸ”šŸŒ³ and a simple raspberry
You can get the data from an MQTT Broker (this could be Homey) and the script above is sending the flora plant data to it. Would be great if this data can be integrated in your app, too .

I am willing to support that extension with a donation :wink: maybe others, too.
What do you think ?

Also nice for experimenting with Ble 2 mqtt!
Thanks.

Alternative:
Will an ESP32 with this software do?

Hello,

I already did itā€¦using an ESP32 and some code from GitHub.
Set yout BT-Macs of your plant sensors and the IP/user/pw of your MQTT broker and the ESP will read your sensors and push the data to your broker.
Then you can import it with Mqtt client or hub. Not into your current devices, but into virtual sensors or hub devices

Sorry, only german. Just ask if you need some help.

1 Like