[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

Yupp noticed that and i noticed that there is missing data feed to insights. Both moisture and conductivity is missing.

//Teddy

1 Like

Seems like since I updated to v2.0, my plant sensor is not sending any information anymore. Is this know behavior :)?

Removed the device and tried re-adding. Now errors outā€¦

Edit; nevermind, known problem with this version. When can we expect the 2.0 supported version :)??

Q3 Is the app compatibel with v2.0.0?

• All the functionality is the same as in the v2 compatibel version. All issues of not triggering flowcards are resolved in the newest RC as wel. The app is rewrited for v2.0 but does update just once due to Homey core issues as mentioned in de skd-app issue ticket to athom on github. Athom is looking for a fix for this issue ā€˜soonā€™ untill than the app wil not be fully compatibel with v2.0.

Thanks. Although there is a difference between something not being fully compatible and not even allowing the adding of its core device :). I guess I will wait until it is fully compatible before I give it another shot.

The stable and beta versions are not updated to the code of the new v2.0.0 en will result in an error.
The alpha version is compatible with v2.0.0 but has a Homey BLE core issue.

(iā€™ve submitted the beta for code review so that people can update their sensors manually by restarting the app or homey.

1 Like

Cannot seem to be able to join the beta branch anywhere for this specific app. Interestingā€¦

The beta is currently in review, thats the reason you canā€™t see it.

Hello,

When iā€™'m trying to add my mi flora sensor (through https://apps.athom.com/app/com.mi.flora ) I get the following error:

Cannot get devices: Cannot discover BLE devices from homey manager. Error: mission_permission:homey:wireless:ble.

Is this related to homey in general or to the app? Anyone else experiencing this error? and how do I fix this?

It is an error because the app needs additional permissions. There is an alpha version which has this permission. Unfortunately there are a few other ble related problems which Athom needs to fix to get the app working properly. So for now u just have to wait.

2 Likes

Does anybody knows the different between Mi Flora Sensor international and chinise Version and does they the chinise version run with Homey?!

I answered this same question from you already on slack,

For what I know only the int. Edition is allowed outside China. What I have heard they have bricked the Chinees edition by flashing firmware when used outside China. The app requres location or gps when running.

To be more precise, it could be they work on Homey (did not get info about working or not) but you canā€™t / or should not use the original Mi Flora app, nor can you upgrade the firmware.

Edit:
Just read somewhere else you could use another app in combination with a VPN to China to fool the location checkā€¦ Not sure I would invest the extra time in it but pls report your findings here for other users.

2 Likes

Thank you and sorry, but i didnā€™t recognize your answer in slack.

I think i will wait for a good offer for int. version. At the moment they are hard to find for a good price

is the 2.0 beta still in review?

It is reviewed and ready for release to beta. Due to Homey BLE issues i donā€™t want to publish it yet.

1 Like

Ah, oke, thanks for the update!

Great App! Too bad it isnā€™t working yet due to the Athom 2.0 firmware.
Is there a way (easy) to install the beta version?

Iā€™ve released the latest version of the app tot beta:

v2.1.0 - 11.01.2019

This version should be compatibel with the yet unreleased version of Homey: 2.0.5-rcx

4 Likes

v2.1.0 - 11.01.2019 is not working on Homey 2.0.5-rc-2

Since yesterday I use this app.
I have some problems with the ā€˜automaticā€™ update function of the sensors.

I only get new measure results when I reboot the app in Homey.
Update time is set on 15 min.
When I reboot the app I get instant new measurements till I reboot the app.
No timeouts are given from the connection.

dd45c8d2-c323-4db3-ace7-7de8aad46dd9

I hope this can be fixed very soon.

Regards,

Pjotr

You didnā€™t read the opening post?