[APP][Pro] Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

Homey firmware 2.1.0
App v2.1.6
Just trying to edit device settings - advanced settings - switch Identify to Yes and click :heavy_check_mark: icon. On this step error message appears.

You have to set all parameters. for instance min 1 max 500 then you can proceed

You are right. When I changed all thresholds I was able to save changes with Identify option.
Still I think this is a bug.
Zero - is not wrong value. Zero - default value. Moreover I see a comment when I change some thresholds - minimum value: 0.

Hi! I’m a new homey (pro) user and was considering buying 2 of these flora sensors to use with homey.
Is it worth it with the current bug that is being mentioned in your first post?

What do you mean with “breaks after one iteration due to Homey core bug” ?
Not really clear to what is not working due the core bug.

Edit: Hmm Sorry, think i understand it now. The data is only updated at boot time of the homey andat pairing but not anymore after that.
Will await the bug fix because then they seem pretty useless to me (for the homey part anyway).

Hey Damon, welcome to the Homey community.
To consider if the mi flora sensors are worth it for you depends on how you want to use the sensors.

For me I have a perfectly working solution and am just perfectly happy (eventough I support development so everything works like it is supposed to.

Please allow me to explain my set-up.
I have a flow set-up that sends me a ‘plant-report’ every morning at 7:00. This is a Telegram text with the plant names followed with the humidity value from each plant. This way after having breakfast I can make sure the plants have enhough water as well.

But the data is only updated once (or twice) after boot? yup
I have another flow rebooting my Homey everynight at 4:00. Therefore I get a new measurement everyday which is sufficient for my plant-report in the morning.

Off course I would like to use the sensor information for other things like regulating heating and automatic curtains. But for watering my plants this works just fine. So if that’s what you want… you can go right ahead and order yourself 2 flora sensors.

2 Likes

Automatic reboot is actually an acceptable option.Thanks!
Any drawbacks in the daily automatic reboot?

Will order 2 of them.

For the issue:

• The app does update just once due to Homey core issues as mentioned in de skd-app issue ticket to athom on github. Athom is looking for a fix for this issue ‘soon’ untill than the app wil not be fully compatibel with v2.0.

There is also an option to restart the app:
See: Xiaomi mi flora sensor/ropot app

You have to enable the power user option under experimental settings to get that action card.

Then you can make a flow:
TRIGGER: Every day at 15:10
ACTION: Reboot Xiaomi mi flora

2 Likes

Just wonder what peoples preference is for determining what LUX, temp nutrients and water settings to set the alarm to values to

You link to issue which marked as fixed…

Tnx i’ve fixed that to: https://github.com/athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues/issues/73

Hi,

what is the status of this app? I just started with homey and some of these flora sensors and I’m very frustrated :frowning: I have installed the last official version (2.1.6) of this app on my brand new homey with firmware 2.1.1 but I still get only readings if I restart my homey. This is not nice …
How can I get a working solution with regular measurements?

Best regards

Frank

Welcome @Betonmoewe,

This is not an issue of the app but of the Homey core. Please scroll up some posts, or search this topic to get more information about the issue.

You can always ask Athom about the status: https://www.athom.com/en/contact/

1 Like

thanks for your quick reply

yes I know, it‘s an athom problem, but I had the hope, that you would either have news from them or found a workaround for this (like automatic restart of the app after 25 minutes or something like that))

best regards

betonmoewe

1 Like

There is a workaround by restarting the app every X time. Once a day if that is enough for you. You need to enable “experimenten” in the settings. I only have the dutch name sorry.

1 Like

@Damon

thanks for your hint, but I don‘t see this in the settings within the app :frowning: How can I enable this ???

You need to enable experimenten from within the homey settings. Not in the app setting.

Which type of experimenten should I activate and is that all I need to do, to get the Homey to show the right sensor data?

I activated power user and then you get extra cards which you can use in an flow to restart the app “mi flora” every…

Does anyone know why my Homey does not show the correct sensor data from my Mi Flora?

I don’t know about correctness of the data. My sensors are still underway from china.

1 Like