[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

Hi,

Do you have plans for, or is it even technically possible to, have the yeelight remote(s) connected directly to homey. I would like to connect them to other devices than my yeelights.

Hi, I have ceiling light Yeelight 650 with led strip. Any chance to control the led color strip? Thx I appreciate your job

Nope, this is a Bluetooth device and itā€™s probably not possible to pair it with Homey. But it will for sure not get added in my app.

This is already possible.

Maybe I missed smth. I can only turn it on/off, trigger night mode and adjust the Ktemperature. Color palette dont do anything. Also no flows referring to led ring. Did I do anythyng wrong? Looks like suitable for other models withou led ring. Which I have aswell. Pls advise. Thx

Do you know the model identifier (it should be something like ceiling10) for the Yeelight JIAOYUE 650. You can find it by looking at the hostname of the light in your router or by running a debug version with athom app run from the debug branch in GitHub. It will spit out the model and paired capabilities of your light on the console.

Perhaps you have a newer model and it needs to be added to the app with the correct capabilities (for setting the color).

It shows me this: yeelink-light-ceiling4_mibt77359533

Well, the ceiling4 has the color capabilities. Have you paired this light recently or a really long time ago? In the latter it could be you have paired it before this identifier was added to my app and it was paired with basic capabilities. The solution in this case would be to re-pair the device.

If you have paired it recently I would appreciate it if you could run the debug version and post the output here as mentioned earlier. This should give me more information to work with.

I repaired today, but no help. I will try to do what you suggest. Thx

First of all, thanks for the great work on the app!

Iā€™m looking to control my Yeelights by using Logic/Better Logic for saving/altering current state (on/off/color etc) - thus far Iā€™ve been able to make it work using Number variables, like:

ā€¦But not String, like below:

Which would speed the process up if you could send it back to the light like this:

The above ā€œcommandā€ doesnā€™t work, so:

1. What are the available commands to send?
  2. Does the app register lights (that are turned off) as Dim 0%?

What Iā€™m trying to accomplish is:
When window open (sensative guard strip) - save current state (dim/hue/temp/sat). Then turn light red (or whatever). On window close, then reset state to previously recorded variables.

Cheers : )

You should have a look at the API description to see how you should send a custom command. In theory it should be possible to achieve this but you might need more custom command cards following each other.

https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/developer and download the API description (the site just gave me a 404 but it will probably be back soon).

1 Like

Hi,

Great app and very nice to have the opportunity to control our cheap Chinese stuff. :grinning:

Since a couple of days (I think since the last app update) my Yeelight doesnā€™t work well anymore. Iā€™ve got a netwerk request failed error. Sometimes it starts working again after starting the Homey app but most of the times a Xiaomi Mi Home app reset from within the Homey app is needed.

When the Yeelight isnā€™t working with Homey it works well with the original Yeelight app.

Is this a bug in the Xiaomi Mi Home app or am I doing something wrong?

Do you have it setup with a static IP in your router?

I tried but now i Couldnā€™t add the Yeelight to Homey. I reinstalled the Yeelight in the Yeelight app to force the new IP (static). I succesfully added the Yeelight after the reset in the Yeelight app, with the New IP. But the Xiaomi app in Homey canā€™t find the Yeelight. And there is no way to add the Yeelight manually (based on IP).

What can I do?

Make sure you have removed it from Homey, restart the Xiaomi Mi Home app on Homey and try again. Or perhaps even reboot Homey in between, sound like the light is still saved in the temporary devices object which I use to keep track of discovered devices.

I already tried those three action, but without result. I first removed the Yeelight from Homey. Then I removed the Yeelight from the Yeelight app and added it once again to the Yeelight app, but now with the right IP.

After those steps, i tried to add the Yeelight to Homey with no result. I tried to restart the Xiaomi app within Homey and tried to add the Yeelight again, but unfortunately with again no result. My last step was rebooting Homey from the app. I tried to add the Yeelight to Homey one more time but also without any result.

Hope you have another idea. The strange thing is that the Yeelight worked perfectly until a couple of days ago. Thanks anyways for helping me.

Do you know how to run the app from the command line? I can create an app that will give me more information on what is going on. Not much has changed recently for the Yeelights so I have no clue on what is going on.

Unfortunately I donā€™t know how. Is it an idea to remove the whole Xiaomi app from Homey? I only have a vacuum and the Yeelight with it. Hope I will not get similar issues when installing the vacuum for the second time.

Not sure but itā€™s worth a try of course. Once you have removed the app also have a look if there are not any disabled devices (that are disabled because they have a missing app) like a Yeelight you might have overlooked. You would not even have to remove your vacuum actually. It should work again after reinstalling the Homey Xiaomi Mi Home app.

If you want to know on how to do a command line install you can find a tutorial here: [HOW TO] CLI install method

And you can use this debug branch for testing: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio/tree/debug

Anyone interested in support for the Xiaomi Mi Fan? And if so, which model? I noticed someone has submitted a pull request which should add support for Mi Fans of various types in the miio library. I could try and add the Mi Fan to the Homey app with this but only if someone is actually interested it (I dont want to waste my time on this).

1 Like