[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

It’s Xiaomi Mi LED ceiling

Is it possible to connect the Homey Mi Home App to a Xiaomi Gateway on another network? I have set up a Xiaomi Smart Home Security Kit in my summer house and would like to read its gateway alarm status from Homey at home. Would it be possible to fill in the summer house IP and Gateway token and that’s it? I’m asking because you might know how it’s built to work. I will try in a couple of weeks when I’ll know the IP, then I can post the result.

That won’t work as Homey needs to be in the same lan to communicate with the device. You would have to create VPN or something.

Every second day my vacuum cleaner don’t start per flow or sync the states with homey. If I restart the app, everything works fine for the next 2 days… Now I have a flow wich reboot the app every 24h. But do anyone know this problem and have an solution for this?

Its a know issue and will probably not be resolved.

Okay… I will test the situation with the app restarts.

Hi,
Since a while my Yeelights are giving me a wrong status update In Homey. It says off when the lights are on and opposite. It’s not always all together the same way. When the light is on IRL and shows off in the devices tab then I just have to hit the button to follow the correct status. This only works when I’m at home of course, when I’m out I can’t be sure of the status.

Yeelight app:
In the Yeelight app the lights are often showing offline. After a while they show online but the wrong status. When I hit the button in the Yeelight app it won’t follow the status but just turns off. This means I never get the correct status.
Lan setting I can’t change. When I turn it on and go back it’s off again.

I think it has something to do with the last iOS update in combination but I’m not sure.
This all has nothing to do with your app but maybe more people have this problem and you know the solution.

v2.13.2 - 2019-11-10

• Small fix for Yeelights not updating dim capability when in night mode
  • Small fix for Yeelights not updating onoff capability when turning them on by only changing the color
1 Like

I had paired Yeelight LED Stripe, which suddenly shows as offline while original Yeelight app worked fine. I tried to reboot Homey and no change. So I deleted Yeelight LED Stripe from Homey and now, when I’m trying to add it again, it’s not able to find it. I deleted it then even in the original app, re-added there and tried to add to Homey back - still withing “Yeelights” it says “No new device have been found”. LAN mode is enabled, Yeelight original app works fine. Any idea what could be wrong please ?

Not sure, could you restart the app now that you have removed the LED strip. Perhaps there is some sort of caching going on.

v2.13.3 - 2019-11-15

• Added a mechanism to refresh the device connection to prevent devices from not responding on the first try.
  • Moved installation instructions from app store to community support topic.

I have made a mistake in the latest app release (2.13.3) which is causing a lot of app crashes. I have already submitted a fix to the app store but that is pending approval at the moment. Sorry for any inconvenience … :flushed:

1 Like

At the end I endep up with device restore :frowning:
As for the crashes, indeed I realized many crashes but I thought it my nasty Homey :-). … Thank you anyway :slight_smile:

IMPORTANT

Currently Yeelights are supported within the Xiaomi Mi Home app. When the Xiaomi Mi Home App was first developed communication with Yeelights followed the same protocol as the Xiaomi Mi/MiJia WiFi devices. This is a reversed engineered protocol and is not very user friendly and stable. At some point a better method to control the Yeelights became available and I implemented support for that. Now the Yeelights and the Xiaomi devices have nothing in common anymore and I have decided to split off the Yeelights into their own Yeelight app.

This means the Yeelight functionality within the Xiaomi Mi Home app will not be developed and supported anymore. I’m aware of the hassle it will be but you are asked to un-pair your Yeelights from the Xiaomi Mi Home app and re-pair them again in the new Yeelight app which will become available soon.

It will not be possible anymore to pair your Yeelights with the next update of the Xiaomi Mi Home app and the Homey app will actually tell you your device will not be supported anymore in the future.

Hi,

any changes/issues with Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S? I’m trying to add one, using Method 1 and extracting the token with Mi Home app version 5.4.54. In Homey though it says Device is offline. I’ll appreciate any tips & tricks.

Nope, havent changed anything. You are able to pair it but after that it says offline?

The Test connection would fail but it allowed me to press “Connect” and add the device. At this point the device says it’s unavailable and stayed like this for an hour without change. Coincidentally or not, this morning (and after restart of Homey) the air purifier is available and there is a connection to it.
I have tried also though to connect Xiaomi Gateway and PM2.5 Air quality monitor (following the same process) but the Connect button is grayed out and the Test connection fails … so basically I cannot add them to the Homey app. Any ideas?

While adding xiaomi 2in1 robot. Model stytj02ym
Is this due to bug?
Also xiaomi going to change their API and it seem local control is suppose to get block. Does this in any affect the app? If not connected to home it still is accessable with DID and token locally but after pair it gets new token apparently.

I noticed the communication with the gateway has changed and it seems at least the Gateway v3 is not supported (anymore).

I would not call it a bug as this device is not in the list of supported devices. Seems the device does not use the same methods for communication as the previous models. It’s not likely support will be added.

I’m seeying more issues with controlling Xiaomi devices locally lately (as with the gateway v3 mentioned above). If Xiaomi indeed blocks local control this app will cease to work. This has always been mentioned in the app description as something that might happen.

Not necessarly , they change from local access to cloud access as soon as it connected and paired to user. When connect to cloud it will get a new token, but it still has API access. Also there is no need for pairing if directly connected to homey. API functions work nevertheless and might have some different commands, this shouldn’t be hard to implement.
You can take the code from this hack https://github.com/nqkdev/home-assistant-vacuum-styj02ym/blob/master/README.md
Commands:
set_language [1/2] - voice pack (1 - CN, 2 - EN)
set_carpetturbo [0/1/2] - carpet detection with suction level used on carpets (0 - off, 1 - medium suction, 2 - turbo suction)
get_prop
set_mode
set_pointclean
set_wall
set_zone
set_charge
set_ischarge
set_direction
set_suction
set_repeat
set_broken
set_light
set_voice
set_language
set_ordertime
del_ordertime
get_ordertime
set_notdisturb
get_notdisturb
set_carpetturbo
set_remember
set_calibration
get_curpos
set_resetpos
set_resetmap
set_uploadmap
get_consumables
set_consumables
map_plan
add_map
set_mode_withroom
reset_factory
arrange_room
rename_room
set_mop
set_newmap
set_cardoper
set_iswork
set_timezoneorder
set_auto

hw_info
sw_info
run_state
suction_grade
mode
err_state
battary_life
start_time
order_time
s_time
s_area
v_state
zone_data
repeat_state
remember_map
has_map
water_grade
box_type
mop_type
is_mop
light_state
has_newmap
is_charge
is_work

The app stopped working a few times in the past days. Got this error code, maybe it is helpful.