[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

error: Could not connect to device, token might be wrong
app version: 2.0.8.257 (ios)
homey version: 2.0.2 (early 2019)
xiaomi mi gateway: dgnwg02lm

Could you double check your token, perhaps it has recently been changed during a firmware upgrade of your Gateway. See here: com.xiaomi-miio/docs/obtain_token.md at master · jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio · GitHub

I’ve just generated it before trying… also as I mentioned I’ve checked it via raspberry and domoticz…
I also tried to add using my android tab - the same result :frowning:

I do not have a clue then.

can the root cause be in port number? for domoticz I use 9898

hi, something wrong with connection between homey and gateway, I can prove it with screenshoots:
(homey and mi gw are connected to the same wifi, homey has static local ip 192.168.1.20, mi gw - 192.168.1.24)

You are using the password instead of the token. The token is shown on screenshot 2. Use that and it will work. If you followed the instructions I send you would already have this working.

oh, thanks a lot, now it works :slight_smile:

regarding xiaomi ir remote device:
here it is present in supported devices list:

can this lib be helpful for you?
p.s. I can support you with testing and also can share scripts from domoticz

I’m aware of this but this is a python library. Implementing it in the nodejs miio library will be a lot of work and I’m not even sure if my coding skills are good enough for this. So it’s not very high on my to-do list.

i see, thanks :frowning:
could you please add to yeelight bulbs check status not only by on/off but by dim(brightness) level as well? It’s possible to get this info from bulb as I know.

Depending on the type of bulb and it’s capabilities this is already implemented in the app. If you have added a bulb that has these capabilities but they are not shown under the device card (even after swyping left and right) please let me know which bulb you have.

mmm, yep, you are right but I mean yeelight card has it on “flow device adding” screen, please see attached screenshot (xiaomi rgb yeelight bulb)

This is default Homey functionally. You can use the logica condition cards and check the values which are available as tokens

1 Like

Is support for the Xiaomi doorbell possible? It’s only 44 euros (a steal compared to i.e. Nest doorbell), but I’m having trouble finding which protocol it uses.

Possible yes but probably not gonna happen. The miio library used to communicate with Mi Home devices is not maintained anymore so I dont expect support for this device will be added.

Hi, thanks for adding the

Mi Home Bedside II

to the list of supported devices!!!

PS Any chance for an icon change :pray:, or are all Yeelights the same icon?

Another observation: Dim to 0% brings brightness to the lowest setting but DOES NOT turn the lamp completely off, while “Turn off” does turn it off.

I’ll see what I can do about the icon.

What is the observation about dim and turnoff. Seems quite logical that turnoff actually turns off the light while dim does not. Are you expecting different behavior?

Dim to X% would bring brightness to X over the set amount of time. Dim to 1% would bring the bulb to the minimum brightness without turning it off. Dim to 0% should fade the light out completely.

The difference with turning it completely off is “turn off” is instantaneous, while “dim to” gives you the opportunity to set a time period over which it happens.

In fact, my Zigbee Aqara bulb expectedly behaves just like that when “dimmed”. The behavior of Athom’s very own Philips Hue app “Dim to” is also like this, ie Dim to 0% will fade the bulb out over Y secs.

Now, having said all that, there is a “Change brightness over time” action, which seems to overlap with “Dim” in its function.

But, even within the Mi Home app, for Philips Zhirui bulbs this option to “Change brightness over time” is not available at all, so to slowly fade the light out instead of turning it off instantly you have to do two cards instead of one:

1. Fade to 1%
  2. Turn off

instead of just one “Dim to 0%”

So perhaps realising the “Dim to 0%” equals “Turn off completely over Y seconds” function would make user experience more consistent across apps and within the Mi Home app itself.

Thanks

Please submit a feature request on Github and I’ll see what I can do when I have more time.