[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

I agree with Ruskie actually, this was a learning point for me too!

Same with the opposite, if light is off and I want to brighten, it would be nice to not have to turn on the light first

Too bad. I was thinking on getting one. Maybe I still will, even though I control my vacuum cleaner with Homey I still have the Mi Home app installed for fun (and to control my parents robot who refuse to buy a smartphone :rofl: ).

Hi,

it seems when the Yeelight bulb change its IP address, Homey cannot find it anymore (Yeelight app is able to do it). Is there any solution for that apart from setting static IP address? (I cannot do that because I’m using the service provider router to which I don’t have access).

Thanks.

Nope, the app needs to communicate over local IP. Perhaps the official app does a new discovery when a bulb is not found to the previously set ip address but I’m not gonna implement this.

I’d +1 this request, you might remember in the old forums I had the same issue and it was a bit of a nightmare. A manual IP entry or rescan would be amazing (I since updated my router so no issues now, but I feel @vstankov pain

I actually pushed an update to the app store yesterday which is pending approval where I have changed something in the way the settings of the Yeelights are stored. This will make re-pairing easier when the device ip has changed. That will solve the issue you had before. Managing variable ip addresses is a different story however. I don’t think it’s worth my time since this is a cornercase scenario.

Hi,

thanks for the info. I won’t consider it as a corner stone case because it’s normal network behavior on the client side to change IP address when DHCP is enabled. In some environments as mine unfortunately I don’t have control over that. Anyway, it’s your decision whether to implement something or not so again thanks for the information regarding that.

v2.11.2 - 2019-02-25

• NEW: settings Yeelights to 0% dim will turn them off, also within the change dim over time card (except for the JIAOYUE ceilight which will toggle night mode when set to 0% twice in 5 seconds)
  • IMPROVEMENT: changed callbacks to promises for Yeelight driver
  • IMPROVEMENT: moved Yeelight settings from data to settings object to prevent issues when re-pairing without restarting the app

As soon as the app was updated I lost access to both the bulbs I have in use, one color, one white :roll_eyes:

Hmmm, could you try to restart the app and see if that solves the issue.

Yes, I think restarting solves this. Funny, I didn’t know an update wouldn’t restart the app automatically.

Hello @Phuturist,

I’m having a issue with adding my Yeelight Strip 2. Homey is not recognizing the LED strip. It is in LAN-control, and I’m able to control it via the Yeelight App.

Is the whole ‘token’ issue also the fix for the led-strip? Because there are quotes that al the Yeelights work fine but is that including the strip?

thanks in advance!

MiteZZ

Is this likely to have changed how existing dim functions work?
I had one that is supposed to wake me in the morning, but seems to just sit at the lowest dim level now…

Is this a new device you want to add or a device previously working but is not anymore. If it’s new I might need to retrieve the model identifier first and make a little change to the app. If it was working before, try restarting the app.

The use of tokens is not applicable for the Yeelights, these have an open and supported API unlike the WiFI Mi Home devices.

Does not sound right, can you control the dim directly from the device in the Homey app?

Ah that’s why. Yes I received the strip yesterday and installed it immediately.

Do you need info of the device from me, or can I help with something?

thanks for your swift reply!!

I’ll let you know, I’ll do some digging around on the internet first.

I see I introduced a bug when pairing Yeelights with the latest release. I will submit a fix for it later this evening. Hopefully it will be approved soon.

Perfect! Thanks a lot!

v2.11.3 - 2019-02-28

• FIX: fixed a bug in the pairing of Yeelights which was introduced in the previous release
  • NEW: added functionality for automatically updating a Yeelight IP address when a change has been detected (when using DHCP instead of statip IP for instance)