[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

You can use the Mi Home smartphone app but you cant control it with Homey.

In my case itā€™s definely a problem with the Mi Robot itself. After some hours the Mi Robot goes oflline (even within the Mi Home app) and I need to reboot my router for it to reconnect. Not sure where this is coming from (my router of Mi Robot) though.

My roborock s50 has also stopped working after the latest firmware update. Too bad that xiaomi is making it so hard for other apps to control it with. Any idea if it can be fixed? Or is there a work a round? I know its still working with Google home. Maybe using ifttt?

When was this firmware pushed? My Homey told my s50 to get to work this morning and it obeyed. I do sometimes need to restart the Mi Home Homey app.

Hmmm, interestingā€¦ My firmware is version: 3.3.9_001720.

Yours?

I have the same firmware.

The miio command gave me correct tokens for ZhiRui WiFi Candle lights, but wrong tokens for my humidifiers.

The iPhone backup method worked. And, btw, after upgrading the humidiferā€™s firmware the token didnā€™t change.

Hi all, quite new here, sorry for if my question came along earlier.

I tried installing this app on Homey, but a notification is given stating: ā€œThis app is incompatible with your Homey software versionā€. Trying to update the Homey learns that it has the most recent version installed.

Any ideas on what my problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

Same

Are you still running firmware 1.5.x? This app is only compatible with firmware 2.x.

I have noticed that when the robot looses wifi it can change the local ip adress. So yesterday while doing some electrical work, I noticed the s50 not connecting on homey, but worked fine in the mi app. Then saw a different ip in the app than in homey. Changed this and it worked fine.

This happened twice while turning off and on the router.

Hi there,
I have problem add Xiaomi gateway. I enter the IP address and token but after click on test connection, I get error "device.illuminance is not a function. Can anybody help me?
Thank you very much

What version of the Xiaomi Gateway are you trying to pair. Sounds to me this is a new and unsupported gateway with changes in the commands. If this is the case itā€™s not very likely support will be added as development for the miio library has come to a stop.

1 Like

Is it possible to add a card for checking if the ceiling light is in moon mode or not?

Thank you for the information. Yes, I am probably using the last one. So I will wait for the update.
Thank you

Please submit a feature request on GitHub.

As mentioned there wonā€™t be any updates to support new devices. But I did look at the code yesterday and might be able to fix it. Do you know how to do a command line install to test and debug this?

I am sorry I do not know :frowning:

Is there any news about the Roborock S50? In the logs of the MI home app on my android device, I see a lot of different tokens nowā€¦ Is that the new approach by xiaomi? Giving the device every day a new token so it make it impossible for other devices to control it?

For the time beingā€¦ I did a work aroundā€¦

I recorded myself saying; ā€œOK Google, start the vacuum cleanerā€. I imported this in the homey soundboard app and added it in a flow. So now homey tells my Google home mini to start the cleanup.

It works!

Cheers,
Marcel

I checked a couple of times this week, but the token of my S50 has never changed from the initial install. Still, I canā€™t control it anymore.

So, seems it is more than a token issue.

I donā€™t know what is going on and Iā€™m getting closer and closer to end development for miio devices (not the Yeelights). I have always stated that this app uses an unofficial way of communicating with miio devices and that it might break in the future. Since the miio library is not maintained anymore as well there is not much I can do is stuff breaks.

I recently was unable to control my first gen robot myself. I installed the Flolevac app and updated itā€™s firmware to an unofficial one. That eventually got my robot connected again. Perhaps that is something to try for you guys as well.