[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

Done and to no avail unfortunately. All lights are indeed on the same LAN and I can confirm this because can also see them from the router with their assigned IP.

Not sure if their hostnames matter in discovery? They look the following:

Looking at the hostname it seems to be a model with a model type that is not supported by my app. I assume this is a MIJA Smart Desk LED Lamp? According to some docs autodiscovery for this device is not available so it will not be found when scanning the network.

lamp1 MJTD01YL Xiaomi Mijia Smart LED Desk Lamp (autodiscovery isn’t possible because the device doesn’t support mDNS due to the small amount of RAM)

Makes me wonder how it was paired with Homey in the first place.

Tried to connect my Philips Eyecare 2 light again.

Loaded the App via CLI, installed and started the wizard. This time I do not see the Philips Eyecare 2 light icon in the pair wizard anymore??? I am sure it was there, this weekend.

Tried the standard Philips bulb instead, but that times out with an error.

Hi Jelger.

I have tested your last version and see no difference with the previous one. I only noticed that Test connection button shows some details on the screen. Here is the log with a couple of errors but the app and lamp behavior is the same.

─────────────── Logging stdout & stderr ───────────────
2019-07-15 19:08:49 [log] [XiaomiMiioApp] Initializing Xiaomi Mi Home app …
2019-07-15 19:08:51 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [philips-eyecare] [0] { Error: Could not connect to device, handshake timeout
at Timeout.handshakeTimeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (/node_modules/miio/lib/network.js:451:17)
at ontimeout (timers.js:498:11)
at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:323:5)
at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:290:5) code: ‘timeout’, device: null }
2019-07-15 19:09:03 [log] [ManagerDrivers] [philips-eyecare] [0] { Error: Could not connect to device, handshake timeout
at Timeout.handshakeTimeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (/node_modules/miio/lib/network.js:451:17)
at ontimeout (timers.js:498:11)
at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:323:5)
at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:290:5) code: ‘timeout’, device: null }

I see this issue sometimes with miio devices in general. It’s not related to the eyecare driver but something quirky with the miio library. It seems to either suggests a bad network connection with the lamp or something just being wrong with the miio library itself. There is not much I can do about this.

Are you talking about this handshake timeout. The main bug at the moment is that the application shows the lamp as offline in a couple of seconds.

Any way the application can be used even with this defect. So thanks again.

v2.12.0 - 2019-07-14

• NEW: re-added support for the Philips Eyecare lamp
  • FIX: added night mode to Yeelight Meteorite (use the custom color and brightness card to change the ambilight)
2 Likes

Hi,
I saw that there is a status on the Homey mobile app timeline that “Xiaomi Mi Home App has unexpectedly stopped working”, attached is the screenshot of the crash details. This coincided with Homey updating to 2.4.0. I restarted Homey but it still crashed, however it is now working after restarting the app itself under the settings button. I thought I’ll just report the issue just in case. :slight_smile:

hi, I wonder what is your plans regarding support of new xiaomi/mi/aqara devices, like a yeelight jiaoyue mail light or xiaomi air quality (not only p2.5) sensor? I know you depends on some python (or so) library which currently isn’t supported anymore. But xiaomi the main player in smart home devices, and I think Athom Homey team should support with that somehow. But anyway thanks you a lot.

Yeelights are fully supported. I have built integration for this myself as it has an open API. It does not depend on the nodejs miio library and any new Yeelight will be added.

The aqara devices are mainly Zigbee devices and are out of scope for this app.

Any completely new miio device will probably not be added as I lack the coding skills to fork the miio library and extend it (and the time to do so or the money to buy these devices myself). If it’s a new type of a supported device I can perhaps add it myself. I don’t see Athom stepping in on this as they don’t have the manpower to do so.

About the Xiaomi Air monitor. I read some reports that it is using a different protocol. As far as I can see it has not been integrated in the pythom-miio library which still had good support. That is a good indication that it is probably not possible to add. Remember, as stated in the app description, Xiaomi does not officially support third party development. They want you to use the Mi Home app for their devices.

Hope that clarifies things.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, I’ve got your points. I hope Athom Homey team may take a look on addining new miio devices support independently from miio library…
As for new yeelights I’ve asked about something like this: xiaomi YEELIGHT Ceiling Pro 650mm or any other from this series. Is it supported? I’ve not found any of them in supported devices list.

All Yeelights are supported, there is no individual list of supported Yeelights (I have the Yeelight Jiaoyue 650mm myself).

1 Like

I’ve noticed that the night mode condition card is only about 80% accurate, I’ve tested on 8 Yeelight ceiling lights with a flow triggered by movement ending in the room and a second condition checking if the light is in night mode (it then turns off the light if it is allowing lights to come on dimly as people move about late at night).

Is it inaccurate for always the same device and for some always accurate. Or does it sometimes work and sometimes not for the same devices?

In case of the first it could be those lights where paire before the nightmode capability was implemented properly and you should re-pair those lights or that some models are not working correctly with the nightmode. Which models are of Yeelights are you testing with?

In case of the last I need to have more info. Can you discover a pattern when it does not work?

Hi,

I don’t think the question has been asked, so I try :slight_smile:

Is it possible to implement the action : Play a sound, on Xiaomi Gateway ?
Indeed, I want to use my Gateway as a doorbell.
I have a mini switch outdoor, and when a visitor push on it, i want to play a ringtone on my Gateway …

I used this flow with Home Assistant before, so I know it works, but i can’t do this with Homey.
Thanks !

PS : sorry for my english, i’m not talented with Shakespeare language :stuck_out_tongue:

No, this has not been implemented in the underlaying miio library.

Hello

Will de Xiaomi . Mija a S1 work with homey

https://m.banggood.com/Mijia-1S-Robot-Vacuum-Cleaner-AI-Intelligent-Planning-5200mAh-2000Pa-Strong-Suction-with-APP-Control-from-Xiaomi-Youpin-p-1463760.html?cur_warehouse=CN&utm_source=tradetracker&utm_medium=tradetracker_fr&utm_content=171762&utm_campaign=tradetracker&aff_key=12%3A%3A171762%3A%3A0g004l9i7ena%3A%3A%3A%3A1565789372&aff_campaign=15981

I dont know if this model works, there is only one way to find out. It could be the model identifier will have to be added to my app and than most functions will probably work.

Alright if it not work I can send you a message that you can add this model ?

You will have to retrieve the model identifier. When you post that here I will add it to the app. You can retrieve the model identifier with these instructions: https://github.com/aholstenson/miio/blob/master/docs/missing-devices.md