Xiaomi wireless zigbee switch combined with momentary switch

No, I have 2 sockets in a 2 frame.
Idea is to install a 3 frame, with the Aqara double remote behind the Future Linear flippers, next to the 2 sockets

I think that would work!

Isn’t that basically the same as what Kevin is doing here? Install a regular double momentary switch and have it switch the Aqara contacts (of the double remote in your case) instead of 230V.

No, because I don’t have the cavities in the wall to install a normal momentary switch…
So the idea is to use these:

I’ve fitted the double Xiaomi switches behind the momentary switch and it fits perfectly!! :sweat_smile:

This is the setup: on the left the momentary switch.

Everything fitted:

2 “industrial-style” led lightbulbs connected to a Klikaan Klikuit ACM-100 led dimmer:

They respond just a little bit slower then when hooked up to 220v switch cables, but nothing big. It takes about half a second longer to turn on.

You would still need a “momentary switching” mechanism, or at least some way of fixing the flippers to the frame (but could possibly be done with a thin metal rod running across the top of the flippers and through the mounting frame).

yes, but that is build into the housing of the original Aqara double switch

Nice effort and description!

I’ve had similar ideas, but putting a battery behind a wall isn’t good enough for the WAF at home. I don’t want to add Z-Wave devices, since I’m not using any other Z-Wave products and they’re expensive. I do like the price/proposition of Shelly units for this solution, but they cannot dim lights themselves. So I’m currently looking into these Sunricher units that work similar to Fibaro units, but on Zigbee. An order is on its way from China to experiment with. Like the Shelly they require a neutral line, a slight downside but workable.

In my configuration there is no z-wave involved! The dimmer on the lightbulb side (if necessary) is Radio wave 434 or 868mHz

I know, that’s where I saw the similarities between the issue we both tried to solve :slight_smile:
Just added my own considerations to the conversation.

1 Like

I’ve also ordered some Sunricher devices… if they’re ok, considering to build an app for it…

2 Likes

Ok, I misunderstood. :blush: I also see no point in adding z-wave into this network. Zigbee is perfect for lighting. I only use z-wave for the neo coolcam and fibaro power plug switches.

Hey there!
I made one of these, and it works great. Only issue is I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use it to dim my lights(mostly hue). Any clue as to how my flow should look?

1 Like