Homey Community Forum

Yale Doorman L3 and Homey support?

Hi!

I’m considering installing a smart lock for my new house. My experience is from Danalock, I have their V3 (non-zwave) model, so I’m not using any automation other than having an electric lock.
I’m not too happy about it, but it kinda works.

For the new house I’m looking at Yale Doorman L3 or ID Lock 150.

I was very set on ID Lock 150, especially with its z-wave support etc, and it looks nice.

But after reading some reviews and comparing with Yale Doorman L3, it seems like the ID Lock struggles with poor battery life, flimsy battery cover, tight battery tray, touch buttons not working with gloves etc.
There’s also only beeps for status, no speech, and the latch is much more secure on Yale. I also like solenoid rather than the motor on ID Lock. The motor is what I don’t like with Danalock.

The price is very similar, so I think Yale makes sense in the long term.

The only issue is that I can’t seem to figure out if it’s possible to connect Yale Doorman L3 to Homey or other smart devices. AFAIK someone has made it work with Home Assistant and August integration (Yale bought August).

Thoughts? Both on which to choose, and what my options are with Yale?
I’d like to possibility to run certain flows on lock/unlock. (When nobody is home and door is locked etc).

Your question doesn’t match the title :stuck_out_tongue:

Hah, guess it continued an old thread I was about to start before I realized Apple has set restrictions regarding CarPlay apps. Anyways - fixed.