Z-rain delete

Hi,

I have bought a Popp Z-rain. I installed the 2.06 version of the app and I am on homey 2.1.1.

Because I didn’t get any readings from the z-rain I deleted the app and installed it again. Now I can’t install the z-rain again. It says allready installed or cannot find a device.

is there any soluties for that? OR is there another way to use this rainmeter?

Otherwise I payed a lot of money for a device I can’t use.

With the Popp App 2.06 no chance.
No data will be transmitted to homey.

You have to exclude the device from homey.
Go to More → Settings → Z-Wave → Remove a Z-Wave device. Then you start the inclusion / exclusion mode on the Z-Rain.

As I said, the device does not work with v2.06, so you can save yourself the re-include.

@Osorkon
Thanks, that worked.

But now the conclusion is I bought the rainmeter for nothing because you can’t use it. Did it work in app version 1.17? If so is there a way to install this? I installed version 2.06 because the onder version would not install.

According to the app developer, the Z-Rain should work with V1.17.
This can only be installed via CLI.

@Osorkon

Thanks for your help, but unfortunatly it does not work. When instelling the app I get a validation error and it won’t install.
Invalide driver class: zwave controller

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately no.

But you can report an issue via GitHub

Again thanks for your help.

i did report it there. but if I read through the messages, it Seems he does not answer anymore. Perhaps he does not develop the app anymore.

Or in other words.
If you want to play it safe, just install only apps from Athom! :wink: :thinking:

Unfortunatly Athom has not that many apps. They rely more on the apps Made by other people. I hope they will support a decent rain gauge soon.

From Netatmo the weather station is supported according to the app. I don’t see support for the rain gauge.

Thanks,

I believe you.:+1::+1:

1 Like