Z-Wave.me App installation problem

The appstore should be cleaned. All applications that are not sdkv2 will be removed or stashed somewhere. The developers should get a notification about this.

What kind of validation changed?

I am really bummed right now because the switches are here and the WAF ( woman acceptance factor ) will now be taking a massive hit because the bathroom lights won’t turn on properly :joy:

1 Like

The validation of app.json, mostly.

When writing an app, you can run the validation process to make sure that it validates for publishing. And when you submit it for publication, it will also be validated by Athom’s servers.

So the Z-Wave.me app passed all validation when it was published on the app store, and then Athom changed the validation rules so that now, the app doesn’t validate anymore (even though it’s already published on the app store).

Athom should run the validation process against every app currently in the app store, and mark the ones that don’t pass validation.

3 Likes

To be honest, I’m keeping the community developed apps to a bare minimum (currently Remotec and Doorbird) and trying to utilize as much as I can Athom developed apps which means purchasing mostly devices officially supported by Athom with their own app. I’m afraid that just like it happen to you I will end up with expensive device not supported anymore by the community.

I really appreciate the community and the effort of the developers to keep some app running but life gets changed, free time also. The best Athom can do right now is to remove unattended apps that do not pass validation at this stage. Keeping it like this can really be misleading and frustrating for the users.

Brings install by CLI the solution?

Perhaps, if you know how to fix the validation issue :slight_smile: But it might only be one of the problems that the app has in v2.

Was allready installed on my Homey in 1.5. Works fine in 2.0

So I guess I better not try the CLI method until there is someone smart that knows how to fix the validation issue.

There is no danger in using the cli methode i guess

I guess I will try today and see what happens because the woman acceptance factor is going to 0 right now :frowning:

Succes!

Well I used the CLI method. I get to the validation part and thats where it ends

See that you’ve got some help in an other topic.

1 Like

I send a pull request on github. After that changes it can be installed without errors.

4 Likes

Great @mapulu :heart:
For people with immediate problems, you can download the zip from:

and install it through the CLI:

1 Like

Omg you guys are the best :sunglasses:

@mapulu Check your PM!

The new version for zwave.me is available in the appstore now, it should work in Homey 2.0

3 Likes

Just tried installing it

You probably installed the beta one.
Sorry for not stating this clearly. You need to install the stable version (0.1.6)

1 Like

That’s correct ha! Thanks mate!