Zigbee and maximum devices

You should be able to add more devices. How did you conclude that you can’t add more? Are you getting any errors?

Because when I try a new association, nothing happens.
The app is waiting for association, even if my device is in pairing mode (I tried with 2 different devices).
It’s the same behavior I got the first time (before adding routers)

Have you tried a PTP before a new pairing session?

No, i discover the concept.
I’ll try it now and give you a feed back.
Thanks for the tip

Great !!! it work’s !!!
Thanks for your solution and quick answer.

I would suggest more routers

That is why we recommend to place at least one router for every five end-devices in your Zigbee network.

Hello,

I got 55 Zigbee devices connected to my homey. It worked fine until my homey had a reboot. The complete mesh network was rebuild and a lot of devices didn’t work anymore.

Most of my devices are Ikea Bulbs and Aqara Swiches and Sensors.

Now i add a ikea gateway. but controlling the color settings for my bolbs resolves in crashes of the homey app.

So now i want to add the aqara gateway. But i read there are a lot of different versions and most of them don’t connect to homey (in homey i can’t find a app that connect the Aqara gateway)

Can someone tell me witch Aqara gateway to buy and witch app to use ?

Greetings Ronald

After spending time reading all comments around Zigbee device limitations, I now strongly believe that the best workaround for handling large number of Zigbee devices in Homey goes through external Zigbee hubs like IKEA Trådfri. To me the main problem why we continue discussing this topic is that we don’t have an updated list of hubs supported by Homey. If this assumption is correct, can enyone please help in making such a list?

1 Like

I think the main problem is that people aren’t aware of the Zigbee limitations of Homey.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your comment. I think I understand your view, and must agree that understanding Homey is very important. On the other hand I hope you agree with me that workarounds for the Zigbee limitation could be to use apps supporting other vendor’s hubs and by this being able to handle larger numbers of Zigbee devices than Homey alone can do? Knowing about limitations doesn’t help anyone that has a need for more devices, at least I need a workaround. A way to solve this limitation. Hope we can find a way to produce a list of supported hub’s. Hubs we can integrate into Homey and achieve indirect management of larger numbers of devices.

1 Like

Philips Hue, IKEA Tradfri (with limitations), deCONZ. I think that’s about it.

Hi again,
Thank you for your fast answer on a Sunday afternoon. Had hoped the list to be a little longer, but this could be a start for me at least.

wow, I must admid i’m shocked :scream: here. So in a weird case that all devices are close to Homey, you can only connect 20 devices. That certainly was not in the brochure :thinking:.

I have regular issues with my Ikea thingymabob (more on that in the IKEA thread but this is almost as you just cant automate a house with just a homey pro. you need external hubs to have it work decently. :unamused:

Hi Jan and others, I faced some issues with sensors not responding. I always had several Zitbee networks in my setup. My setup contains 120 Zigbee devices.

Recently my homey zigbee network (containing some Tradfri devices and many xiaomi sensors amongst others) began hampering. Reached out to Homey and they told me that I exceeded the magic 50 zigbee devices connected to my homey.

Therefore I had to further split my Zigbee network. I shifted 9 Tradfri lamps from Homey to a 2nd Philips Hue Network.

This is how it looks now:

Protocol Type Count
Homey Zigbee Router 13
Homey Zigbee End device 34
Hue Zigbee 1 Router 38
Hue Zigbee 1 End device 4
Hue Zigbee 2 Router 9
Xiaomi Zigbee End device 22

You cannot change the Homey Zigbee channel, this is on channel 11 and I put the Hue channel manual on 20. So far no interference with my Wifi network (32 devices) and zWave network (19 devices).

1 Like

You can (on this page):

1 Like

Nice, didn’t know that, circumvented this by changing all the other channels :slight_smile:

I agree. I know the limitation (and have other issues with Zigbee on Homey in that it is under the limitation yet will not add new devices with support unable to solve), so having a supported list of hubs that I can integrate would be so helpful.
Every time i ask I either get told to look elsewhere, that i’m in the wrong thread, or that nothing is supported… so I’ve given up… I have a pile of zigbee devices that I can’t use (many of which worked before but I removed to get below the limit but now can’t add!)

It’s right here in this topic

But this isn’t complete - at least one Aqara hub at least used to work as I remember reading threads about it, but it’s seemingly vanished or not officially supported any more

Guess that was a piece of string solution or what we call in dutch: “houtje touwtje oplossing”

But hey, it is a community forum. If you think you would help other with that info create a topic, give itba useful title and collect all information you know about all kinds of bridges possible to connected and their characteristics and limitations. Invite others to complete and correct the info.

Guess it could be usefull for more community members.