I started out with a second hand Homey 2 weeks ago (RC50/53 + latest apps), but I am having a lot of Zigbee issues, especially after changes to the router nodes. I know Aqara devices are notorius for bad behavior when it comes to changes in the network like relocating plugs/bulbs, but at least I expect them to be repairable by a simple remove/adding.
- Pairing Aqara motion sensors is unreliable or impossible, even after removing/adding then (not specific to any sensor, might happen to any of them)
- Aqara motion sensors staying in “active” mode after adding them, sometimes even though Luminance still gets updated
- Zones stuck in “Active” mode: even after entering zones they would still stay in Active mode indefinitely
- Zigbee network looked fine looked finein Developer view, no question marks
- Yesterday all my Osram E27 dimmable bulbs were spontaneously removed (according to timeline they left the network)! The app was still present, no devices.
- In all cases Homey reboot or PTP did not help
- Even a firmware “refresh” twice after talking to Athom support (full FW download, keep data) did not help either
I got fed up this morning and did a full Zigbee reset, re-adding all devices (and changed the Zigbee channel to 21 while I was at it), which actually did not take too long. I hope this will finally result in a stable network, because I am thinking of installing a NUC with HA right now since I am spending too much time on getting even the basics running. The whole purpose of Homey was to have a user friendly experience, but so far it has mostly been a royal pain (and yes, I realize it’s a RC/Beta but still).
Anyone else with similar experiences, or is it just bad luck on my part?