Zwave error message on Inclusion - any ideas?

When I add the Secure/Horstmann SSR302 - 2 CHANNEL Boiler Controller I get the following error message

‘tatus.missing_multiChannelNodeId_name_on_nod’

I get the same problem if I use the the Secure App or native Homey.

It appears this a Zwave rather than App issue.

Inclusion results in another unknown zwave device the has Remove greyed out (even after reboot) the SSR302 indicates a successful Inclusion.

I am running 0.17 Beta of the Secure App as it added the SSR302.

More/settings/z-wave/Remove a Z-wave device works.

I have reported the issue to support, but I am now in limbo, having transferred all the Spirit TRVs and Secure/Horstmann Thermostats to Homey but cannot Control the Hot Water or Central Heating…

I have also resisted a bug report to the Secure App.

Any zwave gurus got any insight?

I might be wrong, but if i look at the Horstmann app, the device you mention is not in the “supported devices” list or anywhere in the explaining text.

If the device is not a generic Z-wave device (as you’rs obviously isn’t), you can always try to add it through Homey Z-wave. But if there is no generic driver or an installed app that supports it, it will never work.

Yup it is one of the supported devices in the Secure/Horstmann app.

Changelog:

• SSR302 added 2 channels, and extra Device ID.

• SSR302 added.

It was added in the Beta 0.17 I referred to.

Another Homey user reported on 3 Feb 19 that he added the Secure Ssr302 as a generic device and it worked, I have asked him if it still working.

“If the device is not a generic Z-wave device (as you’rs obviously isn’t), you can always try to add it through Homey Z-wave. But if there is no generic driver or an installed app that supports it, it will never work.”

It seems pretty generic to me …
SSR302 - Z-Wave Product Catalog

The Secure App certainly appears to support it:-

IMG_0755

Where are you getting the impression that it is A. Not supported or B. Obviously not a Generic Z-Wave Device?

A) Because it was not clear (to me, i am sooo sorry i missed that, 1000 excuses) you are using the beta version and in the stable version it isn’t supported.

B) Generic is not the same as documented. Generic is: on/off switch according to default specs. Then the device would be able to be added to a generic Z-wave protocol using a generic driver with generic settings.
Compare it with a “generic usb storage” device that is usable out of the box without additional driver or settings via the default windows drivers

“I am running 0.17 Beta of the Secure App as it added the SSR302.”

I need to be clearer in future - perhaps a bigger font perhaps? :slight_smile:

Hey, i am only trying to help, but whatever. Good luck.

The point was you were not trying to help…

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

No, i just always waste my time on ppl that ask questions because i like not to help. But never mind, i will keep that in mind, thanks.

I appreciate your best efforts with this.

This is a community app, not an Athom app, don’t think support can do much about this issue.

But this is definitely an app issue, and you should report it to the app creator, i know for a fact that he’s not very active on this forum.
So all you can do is wait until he fixes it, as i already see you created the issue on github also.

It is a relative easy issue to fix as it is just a typo (1 character too much) in his code.

1 Like

Easy you say :slight_smile:

Not so much for mortals.

As the SSR302 is a basic on/off switch, albeit a 2 channel one, shouldn’t a default Homey Zwave Inclusion work? but I get the same truncated error when I try it.

Doesn’t that indicate a deeper issue, I am probably being grossly over simplistic.

This is the only thing stopping moving over entirely to Homey, got all the thermostats, trvs just need to be able to turn on the heating now :slight_smile:

If you have the app installed then it doesn’t matter what you select to include it with, it will include it based on 3 id numbers all z-wave device types should have unique (manufacturer id, product type id, product id).
So even if you select completely the completely wrong device, or even the wrong app, it wil include as the SSR302, as long as you have the app installed and enabled.
You can select the app and then the device purely for the inclusion message/explanation.

Already let the developer know where the issue is. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for explaining.

Much appreciated.

That would explain why someone on Feb 3 managed to install the SSR302 using the generic and it worked as he had an old version of Secure App installed that did not claim support for the SSR302.

Ok makes perfect sense now.

Another though then…

The Z-Wave Apps are more Z-Wave ‘Helpers’ than full Apps…

That explains why they use much less resources.

OK starting to understand how Homey works.

correct, homey’s z-wave core handles all traffic (in the air) and inclusion methods.

To keep it simple,
the thing the apps do is make sure that the correct data is getting to the correct spot(s) in the gui/device capabilities,
make/convert the data (input by the user) so homey can send it to the device
explain how to include (or exclude),
give icons to the devices,
explain all parameters and (try to) make this user friendly