868,3 MHz 4 position remote

Does anybody know if there is an app available to teach Homey the buttons off a 868,3 MHz remote control? I have a Orcon mechanical home ventilation which can only be controlled in 4 settings RF remote and would like to integrate the ventilation into my home automation.

search https://apps.athom.com/
if it is not there, it does not exist (yet).

Hi,
Asak there is not yet an app for.

I guess I have the same ventilation and remote,
I tried to learn the signal but could not get a correct signal definition.
It also looks like it is a two way system where the vents give a acknowledge back to the remote where that lights a lead for a second.

I want to give it a new try with the new RF firmware from 1.5.13 but will be maybe later as I already have some other projects.
Not sure the remote uses the correct modulation for good support from Homey.

Hi,

It is great that you are willing to give it another go. I am not in a rush so will wait for a while. My other option is to downgrade my vent from the rh version to the standard p version (pyrex 3way switch) and use a double rf switch for the medium and high position, of course this means that i also have to replace the cicuitboard of the vent

Best regards

Godard Gouda

Verzonden vanuit Mail voor Windows 10

I once had the idea to integrate my signal analyzing project into an app. This app could learn RF signals and automatically create a signal definition for them. Like a general remote for RF. Don’t know if it’s even possible. The project went down on my todo/wish list.

3 Likes

Thats sounds great!
Vote +1 for creating an app like that

Well…I’m affraid it will not be me anytime soon. I’m kind of in the middle of something else right now. Anybody who would like to create such a general RF remote app, has my full support.

Well one of my 2019 newyears resolutions was: try to make my own app to read out my 868,3mhz pir sensors from my alarm system so I could use them in a flow.
I already used your signal analyzer last year to read out my sensors, but the last time I wrote some software is many years agoo so thats were it ended :unamused:

Any tips on how to start for creating an app (real basic)

What I did was: pick one of the popular (Athom) apps meeting most of your demands (search the app store).
Clone the repo from github and strip it to leave only those things u need.
I started with the KlikAanKlikUit repo.

definitely in the market for such an app! have an Orcon 10rf remote with 4 buttons i’d love to control with Homey. learning generic RF devices would be a great option! the record function does not do anything unfortunatly

1 Like

I AM interessed in this as well to use with my orcon mvs 15

1 Like

Definitely in the market for an app like that!
But I would be using it the other way around,
Learn to receive (not send):
My home alarm has 868.3mhz PIR sensors in every room. Would be great to “learn” the “motion detected” signal and use it to trigger homey. (And the door sensors).

is this something you can pick up again? I think there is some real interest in this kind of app. learning/recording a RF signal and adding it to a flow. I think putting a switch between my ventilation is a big workarround. Homey is capable of sending/receiving RF so it would be a waste of resources imo.

I don’t think it’s possible to dynamically add signal definitions to an app, which is what @HarriedeGroot’s idea seems to be (and he states himself: “Don’t know if it’s even possible”).

RF on Homey isn’t generic at all, for each type of RF device a new app needs to be created.

@robertklep that’s correct. Signal definitions need the be provided upfront in the app manifest. It’s simply not possible.

Hello there
Is there any update about rf control ?
I would like remote my orcon aswell
Thanks in advance

1 Like

I got it working now with python and home assistant. Its hard to configure but worth the effort.
You need a USB dongle like SSM-D2 with a RAMSES II chip in it. I configured it on a Rasberry PI with SER2NET sharing. This makes it possible to reach it in the Homey with remote serial port. GitHub - zxdavb/ramses_rf: An interface for the RAMSES RF protocol, as used by Honeywell-compatible HVAC & CH/DHW systems. is a project for the client.

A little piece of sample output coming from Orcon HRC 400 WTW:
14:20:43.678 || 32:153672 | | I | hvac_state | || {‘fan_info’: ‘away’, ‘_unknown_fan_info_flags’: [0, 0, 0], ‘air_quality’: None, ‘co2_level’: None, ‘indoor_humidity’: 0.48, ‘outdoor_humidity’: 0.39, ‘exhaust_temp’: 24.4, ‘supply_temp’: 23.9, ‘indoor_temp’: 23.4, ‘outdoor_temp’: 24.15, ‘speed_capabilities’: [‘off’, ‘low_med_high’, ‘timer’, ‘boost’, ‘auto’, ‘pre_heater’], ‘bypass_position’: 0.0, ‘exhaust_fan_speed’: 0.1, ‘supply_fan_speed’: 0.1, ‘remaining_mins’: None, ‘post_heat’: None, ‘pre_heat’: 0.0, ‘supply_flow’: 10.83, ‘exhaust_flow’: 10.55}
There is also a evogateway which works with same hardware able to produce mqtt output.

Now I am just an explorer, with some python and lot of Linux knowledge, but no developer and certainly no Homey developer. Would be nice if some developer is interested to build an app.

I’m interested as well. Same reason for our vasco wtw

This was 4 years ago, I moved in the mean time :wink: