[Abandoned] deCONZ

I’ve investigated the case where the “Recal a Scene” flow card does not list the correct scenes. As I already though this is actually a bug in homey, see https://github.com/athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues/issues/144

I hope they will resolve it soon but I cannot really fix it on my side

1 Like

Yes, but also a blank install ends in a messed up system after a reboot. I will send an email to phoscon to see if this is still a know bug. A few months ago a lot of people had this problem.

For now I connected my lights via IKEA bridge. It works good. But my sensors via Homey zigbee is terrible. Even with a lot of routers in my zigbee network.

I just received my Mi Light sensor yesterday, now trying to add it but it doesn’t show up. When looking at https://phoscon.de/en/conbee2/compatible i cannot find it being supported. it is however in the device list when trying to add it from the deCONZ app in Homey. Any thoughts what could be wrong?

When looking at deconz with VNC I can see a node is being added but nothing happens. Normally the ‘ready’ button becomes available but now it doesn’t. I can see some red lights flashing on the vnc view on the specific node but that’s it. Faulty module?

— Edit

Weirdness… I went upstairs where the conbee II stick resides. I tried adding it there, and it succeeded immediately. I cannot see it however in the phoscon web app, I can however add it to homey. The routing was still through downstairs and it works just fine downstairs… so … all is well i guess.

A lot of devices are not supported by the phoscon app but but by deconz and the api. This is why it works in homey. Btw: red flashing lights on a node in the vnc view indicate that there are errors in the communication. This is most likely why the pairing failed initially

Right, this means they are visible through deconz (vnc) and not phoscon. Works well enough now, just weird the initial pairing failed even though i tried it a dozen times. Only after taking the unit upstairs it paired, but through the light bulb downstairs, there is no reach in the second floor through that bulb so … oh well… it works, just sux I cannot rename it in phoscon, now there is a difference in naming between homey and deconz.

Trying to rename inside deconz doesnt seem to work. It just says ‘sending user descriptor set request’.

You can make a manual API call to rename it:

• get an API key using the instructions here: Getting Started - deCONZ REST-API (you may already have an API key to use with the deCONZ Homey app, in which case you can reuse that)
  • get a list of all your sensors from here: http://PHOSCON-IP/api/APIKEY/sensors
  • find the id of the sensor: in the output of the previous call, look for a device with model id lumi.sen_ill.mgl01. For mine, it looks like this:
    "51": {
        "config": {
            "battery": 100,
            "on": true,
            "reachable": true,
            "temperature": 0,
            "tholddark": 12000,
            "tholdoffset": 7000
        },
        "ep": 1,
        "etag": "XXX",
        "manufacturername": "LUMI",
        "modelid": "lumi.sen_ill.mgl01",
        "name": "Verlichtingssensor Dak",
        "state": {
            "dark": true,
            "daylight": false,
            "lastupdated": "2020-09-17T04:36:06",
            "lightlevel": 3011,
            "lux": 2
        },
        "swversion": "20191118",
        "type": "ZHALightLevel",
        "uniqueid": "XXX"
    }

Here, “51” is the sensor id.

1 Like

I have been trying to connect connBee2 to homey for several days. I followed the instructions but I always get a generic error !!! where am i wrong?

the conBee is connected to a raspberryPie 4 on which HASSio is installed

thank you so much!

second message only for attachment

You’re running deCONZ/Phoscon in a Docker container, in which case auto-discovery will not work unless you’re using the macvlan network driver for that particular container (but since you’re using Hassio, which abstracts a lot of that away, I don’t know how you would need to configure that).

I’m getting the following error:

Request Method: PUT
Response Time: 0.01 seconds
Response Status: 400 - Bad Request

I know the ID is 68, so i’m doing http://IP/api/APIKEY/sensors/68 with a PUT, it results in:

[
{
“error”: {
“address”: “/sensors”,
“description”: “body contains invalid JSON”,
“type”: 2
}
}
]

Any thoughts? I tried putting some " around it, or ( ) , but doesn’t mater.

Ah sorry, my CLI tool converts the payload to JSON automatically. You should probably use this as payload: {"name":"New Name Here"}

1 Like

Just updated the docker container to the latest version and now it’s even visible in the app. Renaming with your convention did indeed work just fine. Thanks

what is the easiest and fastest way to manage deconz with raspberry pi4 from homey? docker or raspian?

Both are equally easy if you have the knowledge. I guess if you don’t want to do anything else on the raspian image, i’d say its a lot less hassle with implementing docker and all. If you want to do more with the pi, then I would go for docker.

1 Like

Grazie!!!

I’m using a Aqara motion sensor with the 5 sec hack (pencil line). Now i’m wondering if deCONZ is using this. I’m seeing some strange behavior and I don’t think it notices the motion every 5 sec.

I know within the homey app there was a special feature created to enable the ‘hack’, but does deCONZ just use the 60 sec cooldown or does it automatically use the 5 sec?

Default blind time in deCONZ is 60 seconds. You need to update it using the deCONZ API as there is no way to set it from the GUI. It also resets every time you restart deCONZ.

The endpoint is http://<ip>:2080/api/<apikey>/sensors/<sensor_id>/config with a payload of { "duration" : 5 }

1 Like

Mmm… it says:

[
  {
    "error": {
      "address": "/sensors/42/config/duration",
      "description": "parameter, duration, not available",
      "type": 6
    }
  }
]

If i do a GET, I don’t see the ‘duration’ either. I’m doing a PUT to try and push it to deCONZ.

The request is a PUT request and be aware that deCONZ creates multiple objects for one sensor and only one contains the duration parameter.

1 Like

Yup, that was it. There was also an ID 43 with the same name. Didn’t expect that. But thanks… Sux this has to be done at every reboot / update. Never the less, thanks!

By the way, the default was on 90 secs. That’s even higher than 1 minute.