[Abandoned] deCONZ

A single physical device can have multiple deCONZ sensor entries; for instance the Aqara multisensor has three sensor entries: temperature, humidity and pressure.

The motion sensors have two sensor entries, lightlevel and presence. The latter has a duration property that you can change.

1 Like

I created a HTML JSON PUT flow which changes the parameter, I’m triggering it every 01.00 am currently. I very much would like to trigger it after deConz has been rebooted. Does anyone know a way to do such a thing? I could use (i believe there is a PING app) something like checking if the IP address is up, but that would put a significant load on homey as it must keep checking if it’s online.

Hey @Ype, @jnwllm and everyone else who had problems with the scene recalling: I finally found and fixed the bug, please let me know if it works now with 1.12.2

I think you did the job!!!

Now the correct group is flashing. Kudos!

Hi all,

I’m using the deConz app with the deconz stick (latest fw) and it works very well. There is only one device I have trouble with. Its a Scenic EnOcean Technology Switch which I could successfully connect to Homey using the Feller Edizio Due. So far it works well.

However every few weeks Homey or the Deconz app seems to forget the device. It then gets the red triangle sign and when I click it in Homey i get the “Websocket down” error. Restarting the Raspi where the stick is attached to does not help, restarting the app or Homey neither. All other Zigbee devices work. I then have to remove the switch in Homey, and add the device again. And then repair the flows. Any idea what to do to fix this? :slight_smile:

Johannes

It appears that this is a zigbee green device which is supported by deconz but has some limitations (as far as I know it can be paired with the root node only). Sometimes it happens that a device get reported as unavailable, in that case you can do the following: within home, got to the device settings and set “ignore if unreachable” to true. Does the device dtill work after that?

Ps: the next release will support some kind of “repair” functionality that might help here

Hey, thanks for your help :grinning:

I cannot repair it by switching it to “ignore if undetectable”, the only way to get it back to work, is to remove it from Homey and add the device again. But great to hear that this is a somewhat known issue and a fix is on the way :slight_smile:

Btw: Many thanks for your effort to develop such a great app!

Johannes

Known issue is maybe the wrong term as the repair functionality will help you if you needed to re-add the device in deconz. As I understood you this is not the case here, you only need to re-add the device in the homey app, not deconz?

Correct, no need to re-add it to deconz, just Homey.

very strange, can you maybe open an issue on my github repo so we can have a look at it in detail?

Oh and please include the infos you find in the homey app settings -> support

Announcement: v1.13.0 supports some maintenance actions. These options automatically pop up after the installation of the latest release (check the device settings). Note however that it might take up to 15 minutes until they appear (background: if the app would add them all at once that would be a lot of cpu usage and thus the app would be blocked by homey).

One of the maintenance actions is a repair action which helps in the following scenario: let’s assume you had some problems with the device and you needed to remove it from deconz and re-add it. The device known in homey does not exist anymore so it won’t be available. Using the repair action homey will update the internal settings of this device s.t it is connected again to the newly added device. This way no flows needs to be recreated and you do not loose any insights data!

3 Likes

After a few weeks of not using deCONZ I tried to configure it once again. But this time in a small setup since I had a lot of troubles within the last config.

Before I started I made sure that the firmware version from the Conbee II stick was up-to-date and I installed the docker (on Synology) with the latest version from Phoscon. Everything is starting fine. I can add my powered zigbee switches (routers) to the application. In the web interface, and via Homey deCONZ app I can switch them on and off. Even the Zigbee map looks good with interconnections between these switches.
After using (testing) this for a few days I started to add Aqara door/windows sensors to the configuration. Via the web interface everything went smooth. They are nicely connected to the routers and twee direct to the coordinator since there is nog obstruction for this signal. See picture below.

But… after 1 day I lost the connection on 2 (backdoor and Garage) out of 4 sensors.

To reconnect them I need to search for new sensors in the Phoscon web interface and then press the button a few times on the sensor. Then it will be connected again with the default name. After this action the sensors are reconnected again to a router. But again… after a few hours the two sensors disconnects again.

Does anybody have this same problem? Or recognizes this problem?

The Zigbee switches which I use are Tuya TS0121 (link)

What’s strange is that the signal seems to degrade: looking at ‘Sensor Voordeur’, it has a good (green) connection in the first picture and a bad (red) connection in the second. That’s not something I’ve come across myself (although I have a Conbee I, not a II, but I don’t think that should matter).

Assuming that the router devices are always powered, perhaps you need to rule out a specific issue between Aqara and the Tuya switches, for instance by adding one or two IKEA repeaters/devices to your network to see if the same thing happens.

FWIW, I have three Aqara contact sensors that have worked fine for over a year now. I mostly use IKEA router devices myself (bulbs, sockets and repeaters).

Thanks for your response @robertklep. It is strange yes.

I did some changes in my setup this evening. I had some Ikea Tradfri spare lights (3) and placed them on strategic places in the house. Next I restarted my deCONZ setup. All lights are connected to each other. See image below.
But the strange part is that the Aqara sensors are all directly connected to the coordinator.
I am curious what will happen after a few hours as of now. Why does it not use the routers to connect the Aqara sensors???

The “Sensor Voordeur” is approx 5 meter from the “Berghok Test” light. The coordinator is two floor up. This to have an idea how the routes should be.

Aqara sensors tend to not change routers once they have paired, that’s why it’s important to pair them near their final location in your home, and after you added any additional router devices. It may work to remove the battery from the sensor device for a few minutes and try again, they may end up using one of the router devices instead.

Alternatively, put the sensor in pairing mode (by pressing the button until the blue light starts to flash) and re-add them to your network. If you don’t remove the device from deCONZ/Phoscon first, in my experience they retain their (deCONZ) id (which is a good thing).

Thanks for your very fast and clear response.

But it’s strange…

The “Sensor Garage” and “Sensor Achterdeur” I removed from Phoson/deCONZ and rebooted the gateway. Next I connected the sensors but they took the route to the coordinator. At the moment connecting the sensors again I was max 3 meters removed from the nearest lightbulb. As mentioned, the coordinator is at the second floor, approx 8 m with concrete and walls in between.

I will try to re-add them once after removing them from the system.

Hi,

Thanks for the great app.
I have some Aqara sensors, temp and humidity, they work but they also show up as 2 buttons is Homey. What can be the issue with these?

Hi,

Can somebody tell me why I should move to Deconz with my Zigbee devices? Does this better handle turning on and off multiple lights?

Thanks!

Yes, it does. It properly supports zigbee light groups. So yes that works a lot better. Another benefit is homey not having to do anything with the zigbee chip, so it lessens the load a bit. Downside to it all; you need another controller thus another item which can break.