Alexa and Homey Problems

What are you trying to accomplish? You have a routine in your Amazon app and trigger that from Homey? That still works fine for me, also on the EU server

the problem is still present, all homey devices are unreachable on Alexa and on Echo devices. such a serious bug still present after more than a month of reporting does not give me hope for homey’s ability as a company … has anyone found a way to fix the problem?

I have been noticing the following things, and I have access to around 10 different Homeys with Alexa integrations.

1. Although the devices show unresponsive/not responding on the Alexa app, the voice command still works without any problems.

2. Although the devices show unresponsive/not responding on the Alexa app, when you press on the device to turn on / off from Alexa app, it will respond and do the action.

3. Although the devices show unresponsive/not responding on the Alexa app, when use the device inside a route in Alexa app, the device performs the action just fine.

4. However the Alexa app doesnt show the current state of the device from homey as immediately after you perform the on/off action, the device goes back to unresponsive / not responding state.

So at least I’m happy that the voice commands and the routines work fine.

1 Like

If your Alexa device is not responding is to check if the Wi-Fi connection is working properly. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Check if your Wi-Fi network is working properly. Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is connected and that your device is within range.
  2. Restart your router. Sometimes, a simple router reset can fix Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
  3. Restart your Alexa device. Unplug your device from the power source and then plug it back in. Wait for it to reboot and try again.
  4. Check if your Alexa device is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. In the Alexa app, go to Settings > Device Settings, and then select your device. Under Wi-Fi Network, make sure that your device is connected to the correct network.

If none of these solutions work, check this detailed guide on - ALEXA NOT RESPONDING BUT LIGHTING UP

Should Amazon Alexa Skills work with Homey Pro 2023?

Depends on what exactly you mean, in general, it is exactly the way it was with Homey pro 2016/2019 etc.

Using Alexa you can control devices within Homey, turn on/off lights etc, with the Alexa (community app) (Amazon Alexa App voor Homey | Homey) you can give commands to Alexa from Homey (through flows etc).

I disabled the skills as they were associated with my old Homey. I re enabled them selecting Homey23. It enabled the skill but couldn’t find any devices, and there doesn’t seem any way to rescan for Homey devices in Alexa.

You can rescan for devices by saying “Discover devices” to Alexa. But it also does that after you connect your 2023 Homey to Alexa again. For me it worked fine, so you might try to disconnect and connect Homey again in the Alexa Homey skill.

Disabled and Re enabled. Still doesn’t work. I wonder if the name I have for my new Homey (Homey23) can be causing this. I did this to differentiate it from my old Homey.

Got it. Removed my old Homey from my profile. I don’t know for sure but it looks like if you have more than one, even if you select the second one in the list, it defaults to the first.

Anyway, problem fixed.