[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I just did another reset of the Zigbee Network, then added a Router and other Aqara devices, again, at 17 connected devices in total, i’m not able to add any more Zigbee devices:

Because it is still 17 devices directly connected to Homey. Not one device is routing via your Ikea router…
Did you try to connect a device close to the Ikea router instead of close to Homey?

I did, Homey is in the hallway, the Ikea router is next to the kitchen door, then I added a Temp-sensor which is in the garden - in terms of adding closeby the router, this is as good as it gets (distance temp-sensor to router: 3m, distance temp-sensor to Homey: 10m with concrete walls).

Do another reset, add the router, add a few (5) sensors, and wait for a couple of hours. Then see if the sensors have started to use the router.

But one router isn’t going to be enough.

1 Like

I was told by Athom to do a Zigbee reset and then add the routers before adding the end devices.

@Crashy only has one router, so there aren’t any more routers to add (but there should be, Athom advises 1 router for every 5 end devices).

1 Like

Thanks, I will try this - I had two routers (Ikea extender and Ikea E14 LED) and experienced quite some lag with Aqara devices (with buttons and motion sensors), like they needed to wake the routers before sending the command to Homey, after initial delay, they work as before (quick and reliable), but when no commands are sent for a while, the lag is there…

Any suggestions on good reliable (and cheap) Zigbee Routers?

The IKEA extenders have always worked perfectly fine for me, also combined with Aqara devices.

1 Like

I’m with robert; i’m using a couple of those IKEA extenders, six I think, and they are working perfectly fine. They are spread across my home and never have issues with them.

1 Like

@Undertaker did a few simple range tests. This is the result:

1. Place: Tuya Zigbee Repeater with modification of the antenna
  2. Place: Osram Wall Plug
  3. Place: Tuya Zigbee Repeater with no modification
  4. Place: IKEA Tradfri Repeater

Another Zigbee Repeater: ZigBee CC2530+CC2592 Long Range Router Bundle 20cm/5dBi

Some more information about the mentioned devices and the test you can find here and here (sorry only in German).

Personally, I don’t like the Ikea Tradfri Repeater very much, because it makes a power outlet useless. At most, you can charge or power other devices via USB. Therefore, I would rather prefer the Osram WallPlugs.

2 Likes

I have very good experience using philips hue white (different models) as routers. I have 20 of them in my house and backyard (every lamp in my house is smart), giving a very stable mesh as they all work as a router. And like you said, no device blocking an outlet

I would also prefer lamps in the first place. But if someone does not need Zigbee lamps?!

Same with wall plugs in that case, if you don’t need them (I do not have any for example) :slight_smile:

If somebody doesn’t need any of both, I think they will appreciate the info you shared :+1:

Hi!

The Mini Switch is capable of Single Press, Double Press and Long Press function with its own HUB. How can I define it in the flow? Can someone show me an example flow that if the button is pressed twice X thing happens or when I long press the button Y thing happens etc…

Hi @Szergely.
You need to use the scene’s for that.
See some flows for example.

How change to Pressed 2x

A scène has been activated

Sorry, I don’t know where I can active this :weary: Can you tell / show me with screenshots :pray:

@Szergely you just posted the solution in previous response.

1 Like

Omg :slight_smile: thx! :joy: