[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Hello. I am using the temperature and humidity sensor from Aqara with this app and I love it. I would just want Homey to be able to send this sensors data to Google assistant so I can ask the temperature, is this a restricition on Homeys part or in this app :)?

I have a z-wave sensor reporting temperature to the Google home / assistant so I guess Homey atleast can send some temps info.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the ‘new’ Aqara humidity sensor (square shape) and the ‘old’ humidity sensor (round shape), other than the round one being £4 cheaper?!!
I have a square one which works well, but need another so wondering what the difference is!

The new / Square one als reports Pressure. The round “only” Temperature and Humidity.

1 Like

Square one has atmospheric pressure monitoring added.

1 Like

24 devices in my case, with 2 routers for several weeks already. So far I dont have problems after reboot or update of Homey.

@Dijker @Igy so… begs the question - what use is atmospheric pressure to me? (or anyone)… I’m guessing not much…

1 Like

Hmm interesting. Thats what I would expect it should work. I have many routers and I believed i can have 20+ without issue. What I has to be mentioned, that only devices on this Aqara zigbee app collapses. The general zigbee devices stay working (like ikea plugs which I connect directly to Homey). Any suggestions what happens to here? Thank you all.

1 Like

Exactly :slight_smile: Then another reason can be design preference one above the other.

Homey/Athom is responsible for forwarding your devices to Google Home.
I.e. they recently added blinds. There was nothing the developers had to do.

Temp sensors (and open/closed) aren’t being forwarded by Athom.
Thermostats, however, are.

You could create an virtual thermostat to have them in Google Home. If you don’t want that there is nothing you can do other than bugging Athom to have them add sensors.

P.s. here is a full list of Gooogle Home supported device traits:
https://developers.google.com/assistant/smarthome/traits

And device types:
https://developers.google.com/assistant/smarthome/guides

I’d like to have more devices added to Google Home:

• Window
  • Air conditioner
  • Door
  • Garage Door
  • Radiator
  • Scene

Hey. Thanks for the answer, virtual devices is totally what I am looking for. Can you please help me with the Flow, cant get the Virtual Devices to update.

Tried to read on some forums how to use the virtual thermostat but cant get it to work

It’s an indication of the weather. I plot the pressure on my dashboard. If it’s rising, it means good weather is coming. If it’s declining bad weather is coming.
afbeelding

Interesting. Is that the same inside as outside?
What dashboard do you use (at risk of offtopic)

Hmmm… if @vaderag is going off topic, it must be time to release some new candy… :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, unless you are living in a pressure cabin :wink:
See: How to Predict Weather by the Barometer | Sciencing
Barometers where invented 377 years before Zigbee. :grin:

I use a node red dashboard(communicates trough MQTT with Homey):
https://community.homey.app/t/node-red-a-widget-based-dashboard-working-with-homey-trough-mqtt

1 Like

Next release:

Will need to debug some minor details, but then they’ll be ready for App Store release.

12 Likes

Hi Ted,

Any news on adding an offset to pressure on the square one ? Would be nice if this is possible to add.

Hello @TedTolboom
any chance to get this implemented?

Am I the only one who would like to invert the door sensor state?
Hope to get this in one of the next versions.

2 Likes

I ‘need’ this also asap :slight_smile:

@TedTolboom What’s the status of the Opple switch?

I was hoping to receive one or two Pull Requests with validated changes…
but will check if I can implement it in the next update.

@BBL unfortunately, nothing changed on the status of the Opple Switches, compared to my update on January 6th.

I still don’t see a work around I could implement that will enable more then one trigger per button and that will prevent these devices from taking over light bulbs. This is an issues where multiple controllers are running into… If anyone spotted a solution, please let me know.

1 Like