[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

No haven’t done that - I have an Android phone. Your suggestion is to first install it through the app?

Yes, you have to configure the curtains in the official app first. That will take you through the calibration etc.

Fine app till now :clap:. Thank you very much for that !! :pray:

But I need some more devices supported please.

On top of the list are THE SUPPORTS OF (switchbot)SCENES.

and then the IR DEVICES like TV, SPEAKER (=My receiver), STREAMER & Set TOP BOX . FAN and AIRCONDITIONER next for this summer ??

I would gladly send you a couple of beers :euro: if that helps. :wink:

I have just added scenes which will be in the next update.
TV, Set Top Box (STB) and Air Conditioner are already in the app.

Nice.

STREAMER & SPEAKER next maybe (please) ?

Any possibility to add more functions/ ir remote custom buttons (also for TV and set-top box) ??
I’ve learned/taught Switchbot all my remote buttons of my TV, set-top box, streamer etc from their remotes but they are not available in Homey.

Then I have to renew/update my reveiew of 2 stars to 4 if everything works perfect.
5 stars wilth all buttons/functions. :wink:

Works great with Mitsubishi Air Conditioner !

1 Like

5 Stars!

OK, OK TV I have alrawdy set up but The (apple TV) Icon of the STB and the name “STB (Hub Remote)” instead of “Set Top Box” in Switchbot made me not to recognize it on the 1st look.

Sorry.

OK, I will need a bit of assistance with the remote control bits as I have found they deviate from the documentation a bit.
Could you go through the process of adding a device, even if you don’t have any that it finds. This will log the data that comes back from the list devices API. Then go to the More - Apps - SwitchBot - Configure App - Detected tab and click on the Send Log. That should let me see what the deviceType is for the devices you have add to the SwitchBot app.
Then I can make sure the app knows what to look for.

As for custom buttons, that is a bit more difficult. There is nothing in the SwitchBot API that returns your custom buttons so I have no way to know during pairing that they exist. Then Homey has now way to add user defined buttons at run time. So I need to think of some sort of ‘hack’ that will not be broken every time Athom update Homey.

Red Iphonitis rigorosa : level 11

I’pushed on send log a couple of times but don’t know if it dig send anything. Maybe a confirmation for that button if tis send would also be useful.

When you press the button it should confirm you want to send the log and then you should see a busy timer and finally a confirmation or failure message.
Are you using the latest test version 0.3.2?

Still version 0.31.

Should I update/upgrade to 0.32 (test) ?

These are all the configured (custom) ir commands I learned/thought SwitchBot from the original Panasonic OLED TV.
The grey(ed) out buttons are bot functional/configured.

The round buttons at the bottom I’ve added and are all custom from the original remote.

Yes please, update to the test version as I can’t remember when I added the extra bits.

Just updated to 0.32 &
have send a log.

And here is my Yamaha RX-A2060 receiver added to Switchbot as an IR Speaker device :

By the way : I also can talk Dutch, german, slovak (and a little bit Russion & french0.

By the way Do You have Switchbit devices yourself and which ?

Happy to sponsor a Hub Plus or Hub Mini or Bot Or Meter for you if this helps.

I have 8 meters, 5 bots and a (cloud shaped) Hub Plus.

Curtain end of summer …

Some beer :pound: is on its way. (From Jan(=ME))

1 Like

I have the log thanks. I will check it tomorrow as have to spend some time with the family so they don’t forget who I am :grin:
I have added the speaker and DVD devices so I can check the speaker against the log.

I have a hub plus, two curtains, a meter and a Bot.

I’m envious of all the languages as I struggle with just English :wink:.

I have published a new test version.

The DVD and Speaker remote devices just have the buttons that are published in the SwitchBot API.

I will keep think about ways to add the custom buttons.

1 Like

Thank You very much.

I wil install the new test version right now.

At least I might be apble to trigger a custom ir button/function through a scene.

1 Like

I received today an (beta/test) update to version 3.31 and i read in the start of this topic that scenes where added.

Is there any info how this works, i cannot find any flowcards referring to scenes…