[APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.43, Test 1.1.48)

The scenes are in 0.3.3 which is a test version so look for the app in the store and then add \test to the end of the URL.

I already have test 0.3.3 installed, I received this morning the update to this version. But cannot find anything regarding scenes

You have to 1st make/create scene in your phone switchbot app.

Then you can add the scene(s) like the other devices in Homey with test app 0.33.
Iā€™ve created some extra scene(s) that only push one custom button for a IR command so I can still use my user/custom ir commands/buttons of any device. Now I alraedy have 12 scene made in switchbot and transferd/added to Homey as scene-device.

Than you can start/trigger a scene.(Amazon alexa also supports switchbot and scenes through a skill).

Iā€™ve made

By the way I Use Switchbot ir commands when my downstars building-intercom (bell) or upstairs apartment Ring doorbell is rang/triggerd/pushed : It mutes & set to pause (time shift or streaming video) on my OLED TV .

So I never miss any further content.

All other speakers are also muted by the Homey Yamaha app and a voice message is played through my 3 Google Minis by the Homey Google TTS app. My Philips Hue lights starts to blink everywhere on the Doorbell/intercom ring.

By the way Iā€™ve ā€œhacked/upgradedā€ my Building Intercom with an Fibaro binary unit/sensor to get the alert ( so donā€™t tell my landlord).

1 Like

found itā€¦

I had to add new device in Homey and here you can choose as device: add a sceneā€¦
I was expection a new flow card which triggers a switchbot sceneā€¦

So problem solvedā€¦

I will look into making an action card that can directly run a scene as you described.
Would make sense to be able to automate scene without the clutter of device tiles.
I will keep the existing method as it allows you to start a scene manually as well.

1 Like

The new test version adds a ā€˜Run Sceneā€™ action flow card. The card is connected to the app rather than a device so you can select a SwitchBot scene to run without having to add the scene as a device.

2 Likes

Today I added (as test) my airco unit to the switchbot hub.

To my own surprise this worked perfectly, within the switchbot app i can fully control my airco unit.

I the added the airco unit into home as new new device.

Sadly this device does not work, it doesnā€™t matter what setting i try (on/off, change mode or temp etc) the airo unit does not change anything, i hear the airco ā€˜beepā€™ that is received a command but nothing happens.
When i open the switchbot again i change the setting in the switchbot app the airco unit also beeps but it also changes what i have chosen (temp, mode, on/off etc)ā€¦

Is this a bug or do i something wrong?

I donā€™t think thatā€™s a bug. My Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioner works perfectly with Switchbot. However, I have created the air conditioning functions in the Switchbot app as scenes and let Homey start these scenes.

Unfortunately the hub doesnā€™t work with my floor standing air-conditioning as it doesnā€™t see the remote IR codes.

As far as the API goes, the app sends the temperature, mode and fan speed in one command. The only thing I can think of is if one of the values is out of range.

@Undertaker I thought you were using the Homey ac device before?

switchbot itself work fine with the airco unit, all options in the switchbot app work with the airco.

The only problem is that when i control the switchbot airco device within Homey it does not work.
As said, something does happen because i hear the airco beep (it always beeps when you change something using the remote) only thing is the airco does not respond when controlled from Homey, from the switchbot app it works fine.

So think something goes wrong with the HUB api between Homey and switchbot.

my airco remote was also not detected at first, but during the smart pairing process i started to push several buttons (on/off, temp, mode) instead of only 1 and suddenly it was detected by switchbot and is working fineā€¦

Thatā€™s right. But I switched to scenes because that way I can design my flows more effectively.

1 Like

Found the problem and new test version available.

Did you see there is a new action flow card for the air conditioner that allows you to set all the parameters at once?

i have to update the app, will do this tomorrow and let you knowā€¦

An other question, i a considering to buy this device from switchbot:

Is it possible that this can be added or can i better search for an alternative?

Yep, looks like I can add that one easily enough.

I have added the device and ordered one from Amazon, which should be with me tomorrow. I will publish once I have tested it.

In a couple of weeks is amazon prime day, Your chance to get them all (devices). :wink:

Richard Mou, the co-founder of Switch bot has posted on FaceBook

Anyone working on Homey integration now? How do you guys feel?

Maybe people could respond to let him know how popular Homey is so he takes an active interest in helping us and / or taking over the app.

My preference would be that he helps me develop the app by providing information and improvements to the API. But if he wants to take over and that means better support for Homey users then I am happy for that to happen.

I think the more people that respond the more likely he will take Homey seriously.