[App][Pro] Elgato StreamDeck Integration

Hi @Peter_Thornton,
I had a closer look at integrating the webAPI for Homey directly. The good part is, Athoms library for that seems to be compatible. But the authentication process cannot be used as intented by Athom due to the way StreamDeck implements the plugins.
It will be a lot of work to get multi Homey support in with this. Also I need to find a user friendly way to implement the authentication process. So no quick solution possible at all. I am going to evaluate some options but this will take a lot of time. Maybe I can support it somewhen next year but no promises at this point.

Hi @Shakesbeard
Ah, i see. Well, security always get in the way :slight_smile:
Would be nice if you can find a way, but no stress. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m having the same issue here:

• Tried Homey Hostname from the app
  • Iā€™ve got my Homey address from general - Athom cloud ID (copied and pasted)
  • Also tried the IP (also copied and pasted)
  • Tried various access keys (from dead simple 1234 to complex ones)
  • Reinstalled streamdeck plugin
  • Relaunched the app
  • Restarted computer and homey app

Still no luck, I feel like I tried everything and still wonā€™t work :thinking:

Iā€™m on a mac, seems like a usual suspect here.

Hi @george2787,
yeah, Apple stuff behaves weird, not just on the network layer :smiley:
Local network connections seem to be a popular issue with Apple devices. I got no idea why that is.
However, the cloud route should always work, regardless of the network. So you most likely missed something in the address. Please cheak the FAQ for the exact syntax on how to construct the cloud address. Copy pasting the cloud ID is not enough. Most likely you missed what needs to be added after it.
The complexity of the code is not really important as long as it matches on Homey and StreamDeck side.

Let me know if you need further assistance and stay safe!

1 Like

Iā€™m using this structure i found in this thread:

https://CLOUDID.connect.athom.com/

and of course instead of cloudid Iā€™m pasting this value:

Of course without the quotesā€¦ it seems strange that I canā€™t acces this url, I get a spinning logo, maybe it has something to do with my network config? :thinking:

thanks for the quick reply!

There we got it. Thatā€™s the wrong format. You added https:// in front. That is not supposed to be there.
Remove that part and you should be fine.

I knew it was something ā€œkind ofā€ easy and stupidā€¦ for the next person stuck on this same step, this worked for me:

yourathomcloudid.connect.athom.com without any https and very important, without the final ā€œ/ā€ that gave me a syntax error.

Thank you so much shakesbeard!

2 Likes

One more thingā€¦ Iā€™m able to control smart plugs with on/off setting but canā€™t find the only smart bulb I have as of now (yeelight), Iā€™ve managed to trigger a flow that toggles it but is not as cute as the little bulb icon turning off in the stream deck.

Am I missing something?

Best.

Thatā€™s a little weird. I am actually filtering the devices you have by the onoff capability for the main toggle and not by device type. So if it has an onoff cap it should show actually.
If you want me to check up on it I can do but we got to move this to private message because I need some of your data for this which should be kept confidential.

I can set an on/of button for it but doesnā€™t workā€¦ maybe a yeelight thing? I should get some philips hue today so I can try and narrow it down, if not Iā€™ll send you a PM. Thanks a lot!

I see. Well, that is even more strange then. Maybe the yeelight app is not processing the command correctly then. The API is completely generic. It simply sends an capability value update to Homey for the device. It is totally up to the device/app to react to that. It might be something I have no control over.
But then, the onOff button for the yeelight in the Homey app itself should have issues too I guess.

Works well with the app and with remote switch via homey flowā€¦ will try with the hue ones and update this thread, maybe is a yeelight issue

So finally managed to test this with the hue bulbs and it works out of the box, there must be some issue with the yeelight bulb

1 Like

StreamDeck Goes RealTime

Today the new version of the Homey app went live, which already should give you a noticable improvement in regards to performance on the StreamDeck.
As soon as possible the StreamDeck plugin will get updated too, delivering the long overdue realtime experience.

I did quite some extended testing but that does not imply a guarantee for no bugs. Please send me any issues you might find.

Unfortunately, this update comes with a little bit of salt for a few users.
The realtime mode of the StreamDeck plugin is only available if you are connecting to Homey over your local network. The cloud access still works and I will keep this option in the software. However, you get the Homey side improvements but no realtime integration when connected to the cloud.

Just updated to Homey 5 so Iā€™ll do some testing tomorrow. Awesome job on the update anyway :muscle:

1 Like

Tested it and so far everything works and itā€™s near real-time now which is awesome! Great job.

1 Like

Reckon the StreamDeck auto update went smoothly then :smiley: Thatā€™s something I cannot test easily beforehand.

Stream deck gives an error cannot connect to homey with display data, display ogic variable, toggle a decice on / off and
toggle a deviceā€™s setting. Fire a trigger and Press a deviceā€™s button will work

from my p1 meter the current current still comes through.

But can no longer adjust or make anything.

Homey version 5.0.0
Stream deck v1.3.1

SD

Hi @Bas_Van_Laarhoven,
If existing elements still work then the connection should be fine.
From what you describe it seems like you have (or lets say the StreamDeck app has) a faulty device info in the index, which leads to the data not being possible to be parsed correctly on StreamDeck side.

Please try the following:
In the Homey app go to menu More ā†’ Apps ā†’ Elgato StreamDeck Integration ā†’ Tap the little gear icon ā†’ Restart App
Give it maybe 5 minutes and try again.

If the problem persists, please go to the same menu and create a diagnostics report from there. I will have a look at the logged data then. Please include your forum name in the diagostic report message. The report ID does not really matter.

Thank you.
for now it works again. if there are problems again I will send a diagnostics report to you

1 Like