[App][Pro] Elgato StreamDeck Integration

Experiencing a weird problem after the 5.0 update. The streamdeck/homey integration is still working (sort of), but the display data has disappeared on the stream deck side. Furthermore status is not reported back to the streamdeck correctly. A hue lamp might be off but the stream deck still displays it as on (i do the switching of hue on my streamdeck via homey, not the direct hue integration in stream deck).

Please advice.

Yeah, so am not crazy :crazy_face:
I can see the same problem with my LIFX devices at times since the v5 release.
It seems like something with Athom’s event system got unstable, but I cannot really put my fingers on the root cause. Did you check whether the devices are also showing the wrong state in the Homey WebApp? It basically is the same tech underneath.

This is a strange one. That should not happen. But what do you mean by disappeared? The button is still defined but shows no data anymore? Or did the whole button disappear from the SD?
In the first case, can you check on the buttons settings? Maybe the app/device the setting is coming from had their capability renamed or changed? That could be a reason for the data not showing anymore.

UPDATE: I can see the issue myself too. I will look deeper into it asap

I didnt check the WebApp. Will do when i notice this next time.

Or did the whole button disappear from the SD? ← this
I have no option anymore to drag a display value to the stream deck button to display temperature of one of my thermostats for example.

Okay. That is really strange. Maybe the last update of the plugin did not install correctly. You could try reinstalling it from the Stream Deck Plugin Store. I did not remove anything there.
I had one or two users in the past where the automatic update of the plugin did not work properly and left the plugin in some faulty state.

unfortunately I am not able to connect

ERROR: Cannot connect to Homey!
Please check the app FAQ on the Homey community forum!

Is it correct that my Hostname is just “Homey” not a real address, IP, mac address or whatever?

No. Homey’s hostname is like this: “homey-SOME_ID”
Usually it should be displayed in the App’s Settings page but for some reason this is buggy at the moment it seems.

There is stil a problem to connect the homey with the Streamdeck and I receive an error. See picture.|I use homey version 5.0 and stream deck version 4.9.3.
Somebody fingered it out…Schermafbeelding 2021-03-13 om 12.46.08

Hi @John_Peters,
welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Did you try this?

The homey hostname should look like homey-SOME_ID
Alternatively the LAN IP address should actually work as well.
Make sure you Homey is directly reachable from the system your SD is running on.

Thank you for the quick reply. What you are replying I have done but it doesn’t work. Filling in the ip adres doesn’t work. Both the SD en Homey in the seem network. I don’t know what I can do anymore and want to use it so mutch…

@John_Peters

That’s strange. Are you a PC or MAC user? I am asking because I had similar problems reported by MAC users in the past, and unfortunately never found out what is the problem on MAC. Well, I don’t have any Apple device myself.

For the homey hostname field in the StreamDeck, do NOT add a prefix like http or anything. It is just the hostname which needs to go there.

Did you try using the detour over the cloud? You can find info on how to do this in the FAQ.
You will not get realtime mode using that but at least we could verify if the connection setup in general is working.

If this does not work either then there is a general problem. Do the following:

• Verify the setup of the Homey App is correct
  • Uninstall and reinstall the StreamDeck plugin. Sometimes it does not install properly which might cause such effects as well

Having somewhat a similar issue now. Setting up triggers, with id, ip or cloud adress. No errors, but nothing happens. Only thing that connects when trying to show a variable or push a button, is using the cloud adress. But, it then only fetches list of devices etc, it cannot trigger a button push or actually fetch the value of a logic variable.
TCP connection from the machine to homey over lan is verified, streamdeck is allowed in pc firewall etc. Also did reinstall streamdeck plugin an restarted app on homey.
This setup and app is such a great idea, so would really like to get it working…

Sounds like faulty plugin installation. That’s so weird. Please just try reinstalling the plugin again and also make sure you are running the most recent version of the Homey App.
If the issue persists, let me know. I will try to run a check remotely.

I am also having local LAN connectivity problems using Big Sur on my iMac. I send through a diagnostic report

Hi @Chris_Page,
hmm… I have yet to find out why this happens so often when using a Mac. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this as I don’t own such a device myself.
I would suggest double checking your firewall settings. Also make sure the access point your Homey is connected to does not use any network isolation features.

But I just seen your diag report.
The only suspicious message I could make out is this one here: 2021-04-18 23:13:45 [err] [StreamDeckServiceApp] API ERROR: No authorization key found!

This usually indicates that there is no auth key set in the app settings or plugin settings.

Thanks for your amazingly prompt reply!

MacOS is increasingly becoming more and more locked down and its becoming a real pain the ***!
Apps need explicit permission to get access to things like the filesystem etc so its possibly that?

I will replicate my setup using one of my Windows machines and see if it works. THat will eliminate any network config as the cause.

Thanks

1 Like

Okay. Now I see a lot of invalid key messages. But that is most likely because the auth key is not set the same in the plugin configs of the individual buttons. Everything else seems to be fine though. No other errors.

Yup. Just installed it on my PC - worked straight away.
Issue is MacOS (Big Sur)

OK Update on my situation

I got it working on BigSur. For me it was simply name resolution, DNS. after resolving that it worked straight away.

Thanks guys

1 Like

PS. its a whole different ballgame with the Realtime data! How awesome is this plugin!? :slight_smile:

Thanks Shakesbeard!

-Chris

1 Like

Cheers! ^^ Glad you enjoy it