[App][Pro] Elgato StreamDeck Integration

Anyone having issues after update to Homey version 7.0.0? Looks like my queries to Homey from PC is timing out.

hi @Homey_Norway ,
I am on Homey 7 (by today) as well. I had no pre-release version of that firmware installed as my homey is always on stable channel only.
But everyting works just as fine as before. It could be that it is related to a known issue of the Homey side app. Did you try restarting the StreamDeck Integration app after all your other apps and devices are up running?
Let me know if the issue persists after that.

False alarm. After your reply i did more troubleshooting. I could connect (ping and telnet:80) to Homey from wired → wlan but not wlan → wlan. I restarted Unifi Access point and now it is all working.

It has never happened earlier and I have used Unifi for many years. An unfortunate coincidence as I woke up to no data on Streamdeck and a notification about 7.0.0.

Thanks for quick reply and sorry to bother you.

1 Like

This suddenly happens again: Wired Windows computer. Homey is WiFi and pingable 192.168.222.94
I restarted the Streamdeck App with not effect. Any idea?
Streamdeck App 1.3.3 and Homey 7.1.1

Hi @MAXX,

sorry to hear. Well, it should work fine. I am using it with the same versions.
Maybe your Windows firewall settings for the StreamDeck app got messed up by one of those infamous Windows updates? Another reason could be that Homey’s network stack is acting up, maybe try restarting Homey as well.
I suggest trying the following:

• Check Windows Firewall settings for the StreamDeck application
  • Restart the StreamDeck application
  • Restart Homey

Let us know if any of those steps helped resolving the issue.
If not, PM me. I will try to track down your issue.

Rebooted Homey. Works again. Good to know, thx!

1 Like

Can someone help me? I have some problems with the connection between Homey and Stream Deck.
I tried to follow setup, but still no luck.
First, I have tried to use Homey hostname (homey-xxxxxx) as a Homey address in SD and to use access key that I added to the homey app “Elgato streamdeck integration settings” as Homey access key.
But I am getting Error: cannot connect to homey.

Then I have tried to use local IP as homey address.
I have pinged to Homey through command prompt and all packets are sent and received, so there is no problem between the connection between PC that using SD and Homey.
But in Stream deck I’m getting the same error: cannot connect to homey.

Homey version: 6.8.0.743
Stream deck version: 5.0.1.14252

Hi @Aestum,
did you ping the IP or the homey hostname? Maybe there is a name resolution issue with the homey hostname on your network?
Entering the IP is currently not supported by the plugin. To establish a local network connection you must enter the hostname only.
Have you tried rebooting Homey?

When I ping Homey’s IP, all packets are send and received, but when I “ping homey-xxxxxx”, I’m getting error: Ping request could not find host homey-xxxxx.
I tried to reboot both Stream deck and Homey.

Okay. Reckon we identified the issue.
It looks like your router does not resolve Homey’s hostname. It might be worth trying to reboot your router. Or depending on the product, teach it to resolve the name.
As a hack workaround, you could also do the following:

• Make sure Homey’s IP, assigned by your DHCP, is fixed
  • Add an entry for Homey to your systems hosts file. On Windows this is located here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (requires admin priviledges to be edited)
1 Like

Thanks for helping. I tried to reboot router, but that didn’t help. Then I added an entry for Homey in the hosts file, and that worked. I’m not getting Error: cannot connect to homey any longer. But there is another problem. When I’m adding “toggle a device On/off” in Stream Deck I’m getting “Error: Authentication failed or not set up, yet!”. I’m using the same access key in both SD and Homey app. And I have tried to restart homey and SD.

That’s pretty weird. Does this only happen for On/Off toggles?

It happens with all, exception is “fire a trigger”. There is no error.

Okay. Thanks for the details. Please create a diagnostics report for me. Go menu more… → Apps → StreamDeck Integration → gear icon → create diagnostics report and add a message including your forum name for reference. I will check the logs.
I suspect there is something fishy with one of the devices on your homey. Such can break the communication.

1 Like

Here is report id: 8c03238d-0e7b-4085-9314-892dc306cdd2

I’m not sure what helped, but I managed to fix.
I have 2 wifi access points and all smart home devices is connected to the second one. So I tried to connect Homey to the main wifi access point.
Then I have reinstalled both SD plugin and Homey stream deck app. And with the help of some magic it works now.
Thanks for help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that’s interresting. Thanks for letting us know.

Pretty sure that reinstalling helped, because from diagnostics you told me that there wasn’t any device that caused a problem, and the problem is with key. So I am guessing that the access key wasn’t saved in the homey app for some reason. Although every time after the change access key I pressed “save settings”.

1 Like

Hello, I
'm having trouble with the plugin again. I have an infinite load when I try to connect. However, I can access all my Devices, but it is impossible to select a “Data Source”.

I indicated a homey cloud address because the local never worked for me. It’s very weird (I’m on Mac Big Sur). If anyone has already encountered this problem I would like some help because the plugin is awesome!

Hi @DinoRayn,
I can somewhat reproduce this. For some reason the selectors do not behave correctly but I cannot quite put my finger onto it, yet.
What seems to work as a workaround is reselect your device. The selector for the data should be populated then.
I will look into deeper as soon as I can.

1 Like