[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Did you include when they were already attached? If not, you’ll need to re-include them.

Yes they were attached when the device was added

After updating to the latest betha version 1.29. Mij double switches 2 are not updating the energie usage anymore.
Are more people out there recognize this?

Try changing the association group 1 in advanced settings to a value of 1.1 instead of just “1”, that should fix your issue

Thanks.
But they are already on 1.1
Whats more a problem is that the on off is not recognized by using the switch any more
I think i do neat to re-pair

EDIT: After repairing all double switches 2 it is working again

After re-pairing my Dual Switch 2, with version (2.1.29) not only does the S2 state correctly get updated again. but the S1 and S2 power metering is working!

Worth mentioning that when pairing with 2.1.30 with Homey 5m+ away from the switch no S2 power metering capabilities were added to the to the S2 at all. But pairing with 2.1.29 with the Homey next to the switch worked correctly. Sorry I cant give more information as to the cause.

Where is this version? :roll_eyes:
Indeed both s1 and S2 are showing energy usage again

Edit: not true the values on S2 are not updating all the time.
It is not possible to change at S2 the minimall wattage for report. Giving an error

I’m having a lot of trouble since this update. One Double Switch 2 in particular now does not update state 90% of the time on either S1 or S2. Just happens to be my kitchen lights so wifey is now losing her shit. Works ok via the app but not at the switch. Note there is no physical connection from switch to light, I am relying on the state change to trigger my “then” card.
I have re-paired and re-built my flows twice tonight to no avail. Really getting over basic functionality not working. Or working and then being broken. :frowning:

I’m having the same issue. S1 state not updated when using physical switch…

Hi. New to Homey. From years of Vera. Australia. (2.1.29 fibaro app) (2.1.0 Homey)

Trying to connect a Fibaro FGMS-001 PIR.

As far as I’ve worked out it has the correct id’s. ?

I see no reason it shouldn’t add correctly but no matter what I try I end up with a generic device.

Any ideas. Any help much appreciated.

Plus side. Pretty sure the move from Vera was a good one.

Welcome @Phate, Im also an Australian and former Vera user - I’ve never regretted my choice to change.

The bad news is each of the Fibaro/Aeotec devices have different codes for each z-wave region, and the device (which is supported by Homey) is missing the Australian code.

The good news is that Athom are has been fairly quick in the past adding these new codes as they are made aware of the issue. And if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty - you can actually add the AU product code (12289) to the driver yourself.

Best bet is to create a new ticket for Athom be sure to include the screenshot you posted here.

https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

{
      "name": {
        "en": "Motion Sensor",
        "nl": "Bewegingssensor"
      },
      "zwave": {
        "manufacturerId": 271,
        "productTypeId": [
        ],
        "productId": [
        ],
        "zwaveAllianceProductId": 1048,
        "learnmode": {
          "image": "/drivers/FGMS-001/assets/learnmode.svg",
          "instruction": {
            "en": "Press the button on your Fibaro Motion Sensor three times",
            "nl": "Druk driemaal op de knop op de Fibaro Bewegingssensor"
          }
        },
        "associationGroups": [
        ],
        "defaultConfiguration": [
          {
            "id": 24,
            "size": 1,
            "value": 1
          }
        ]
}

It looks like you have the “normal” z-wave unit. Back in 2017 when I gave Athom all my Australian z-wave Product Id’s I only had the z-wave plus version.
Like Jamie said, make an issue to Athom so they include this Id.
Meanwhile if you don’t want to wait, send me a PM and I shall help you side install the Fibaro app with the right product Id.

2 Likes

Is this by modifying the file on github. I went to work out how to do that next however it seems that the device I’d is already in the file. I think in the correct spot. ?

I think 99% sure right decision lol. Seems to do a lot more that Vera. And has me thinking further into more complicated connections.

This is in the app.json file.

Seems to me to be correct?. But obviously not. Can someone point me to what needs to be changed.

Cheers

{
  "id": "FGMS-001",
  "name": {
    "en": "Motion Sensor",
    "nl": "Bewegingssensor"
  },
  "zwave": {
    "manufacturerId": 271,
    "productTypeId": 2048,
    "productId": [
    ],
    "learnmode": {
      "image": "/drivers/FGMS-001/assets/learnmode.svg",
      "instruction": {
        "en": "Press the button on your Fibaro Motion Sensor three times",
        "nl": "Druk driemaal op de knop op de Fibaro Bewegingssensor"
      }
    },
    "associationGroups": [
    ],
    "defaultConfiguration": [
      {
        "id": 24,
        "size": 1,
        "value": 1
      }
    ]

The fibaro app uses a plugin which builds the app.json. So the file you will want to change will be located in drivers/FGMS-001/driver.compose.json → when you run it will move the code into the app.json for you.

In order to ‘run the app’ you will need to install it from code. There is a thread on it here :

This is only needed as you are changing to code directly yourself, most people will never need to load an app with the CLI :slight_smile: I did warn you about getting your hands dirty.

Good Luck! If you have any issues best to create a new thread so that this is just for Fibaro issues.

Cheers for that. Will give it a hack tomorrow.

Coming from the Vera. I’m not unfamiliar with having to modify bits of existing code. Or create a million workarounds.

Hopefully this is easy enough.

Thanks

I am new at Homey, got my Pro yesterday.

I have a Fibaro Smart Implant as a double garage door opener. Until today is was connected to my FutureHome z-wave hub and a Heatit 8 button switch.

I used a association between the buttons on the Heatit and the outputs on Fibaro S.I.

Any tips to help me get this working with the Homey?

Looking at the supported devices https://apps.athom.com/app/com.fibaro
I could not see the Fibaro implant. It is a fairly new device.

You can make a request here: https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

Fibaro universal binary sensor v1 still not working.
Tried inclusion many times and failed, thought it was dead. Turns out i had to delete it in settings/z-wave/remove device. So after about 4 years it finally works again, but got added as standard z-wave device.
Came from vera1 to Vera light to homey backer edition to homey pro. Things improved a lot and firmware update still not allowed by fibaro it seems.

1 Like