[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Remove/exclude it again an include it very close to Homey (less than 20 cm.)

The device id is not added to the app.
inclusion is within 1m range normally and power-inclusion within 10m range. homey uses the latter,
but some of the devices do not support this.
fibaro all devices support power-inclusion

Why asking help if you already know it all?

just mentioning it… thanx for help. it was not my intention to piss u off.:smiley:
i wrote device drivers for vera and have some experience with z-wave.
i did send mail to athom support asking for including this ID’s in their app.
found it weird that it was included in app, the name of the device that is, but didnt recognize the device.
its EU and unit is from the first batch made by fibaro. got it from poland directly.

1 Like

Same here. The Sensor was attached while inclusion. Dann anyone help?

Is there still no support for Fibaro Smart Implant? (FGBS-222)

Did you already ask if they are going to implement/add it in the first place? (so send in the request)

Yes of course. I know people that did it already in February but still no reply.

Got a mail stating that they passed it on to the team, i gave them both the universal and smart implant as well as some other ID’s that where missing compared to Vera device driver. Hopefully they implant them soon.

2 Likes

Hey,

new user here. I got some Fibaro Wall Plugs added. Unfortunately I do not understand the way the thresholds work. I set the report interval to 30s. Description there says that this is the time where the plug reports the WATT no matter if there was a change or not. Unfortunately this is not working, those 30s seems to be ignored, the plug only report W changes when it really change something.

Also there are two Report thresholds (I set to 12 / 30) with exactly the same desciption, a bit confusing, which of those is for what?

Appreciate if anybody have a hint for me.

Thanks

I think you’re changing the wrong parameter. You should change parameter 14 for a report even though the value has not changed. This is probably the one called “Report interval (s) 3600” since the default value is one hour.

I’m not exactly sure why you would do this though.

Edit: You should read the manual of your plug which you got on a piece of paper instead of relying on what Athom wrote in Homey.
Here’s a link to a digital version:

These are better explained.

Hey, thanks. Understood so far - my Problem is that both Values configurable in Homey are namend var(11) by mistake in the UI. So it’s currently confusing and not to tell which one is actually (11) from the Manual and which is (12) in the UI both are named “Paramater (11)” :frowning:

If the description it is both the same number then the setting in homey is wrong too, and will both change the same parameter.
So you’ll have to contact athom to at least fix that.
In the mean time you could try setting a raw parameter

This is how mine is set up. This indicates that the third (80) is actually setting 10 since 80 is the default value for it and I haven’t changed it. I have changed setting 11 to a higher value because of a fluctuation of my power draw and excessive reporting. I’m pretty sure that the poster above me is incorrect and that it’s only a typo in the app but that it controls different things.
Edit:

If you are sure about the parameter numbers you can do it by hand.

1. via the “advanced settings / raw configuration parameters” from the device settings page in the mobile app (use ‘parameter number, bytes, value’ for example 10,1,30)

or

1. via the developer Z-wave page by sending it via the “send raw data” section (use ‘device id, parameter nr, bytes, value’ for example ‘44,10,1,30’).

The correct value for ‘Bytes’ is in the manual, the ‘Device ID’ can be found in the Z-wave network overview.

How long time do it usually take to add support for a fibaro device? My plan was to use smart implant to our pool, not so fun if the support will come after the summer :confused:

1 Like

from 1 day, to several months, to even not at all, all depends on how many people request the device to Athom, or a community member that adds it him(her) self.

Roller Shutter 3 not working in HomeKit

Hi there,
I am having trouble with my Roller Shutter 3:
After the usual ‚Remove to Include‘ orgy I finally made it to connect my Roller Shutter 3 to Homey, controlling it in the devices section of the Homey IOS App works just fine.
BUT I have several problems:

• The roller shutter did show up as blinds in Homekit but controlling it there did not work at all
  • I had that (stupid?) idea to ‚add‘ it (again) to HomeKit via developers.athom.com but that made it even worse: Now it got changed to a switch in Homekit :fearful:
  • Also, controlling the roller shutter through a flow does not do anything

Does anyone here have any idea what happened?
Your help is very much appreciated!

Best
Manfred

Zero transparency by athom over the backlog and the priority, Why?! People are requesting support for various devices into a black hole, with no feedback at all!

well, you’ll have to ask Athom that, we are just the community, just like yourself.

They might receive over 100 requests a day, where most are different devices, so in theorie the priority could change by the day. Who knows