[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Walli Dimmer cannot be added in v2.2.8, app hangs in installation process. I saw in de feedback of the app there are more people with this issue.

Some extra info about my issue:

• At pairing through the app, it changes from ‘click a button 3 time’ to a loading screen. This indicates the pairing works…but I can’t get past this screen. Normally you get a new screen to name your device.
  • After debugging in de dev tools given by Athom I can see incoming Z-wave data in the log at pairing.
  • When I want to try again after a first failed pairing, the app says ‘already added’… although I never came past the pairing screen. So now I have a paired device which I cannot control because there is no device created.
  • I can succesfully delete the zwave device from the app settings -> Zwave -> remove a device. Then I can pair again which will result in a hanging loading screen when pairing.

Hopefully my detailed info will help de developers to some the pairing issue in the app. Looks like a timing issue or a refresh issue in the app.

1 Like

I also emailed Athom about this issue, because this topic is not actively monitored by Athom. I will reply to this message when I have an update

I have an issue with a Fibaro wall plug. It worked correctly for months but suddenly it stopped functioning. So I tried to remove it. Failed. Thus I reset the plug and then tried to remove it. Failed. So I reset the plug again and tried to remove it via the developer option ‘remove any zwave thing’. Failed again. I recieved the error in the attached image. Don’t want to reset my zwave network, because that would mean I have to include each and every Wall socket (build in double switches Fibaro). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Did you try to remove the node through developer.athom.com ?

2 Likes

Hi Pascal,

That did the trick for me. Thanks a million!

Could anyone tell me how I can make a FIBaro rgbw gradually change from red to green and back again indefinitely until I take action not to?

This may be more of a general Homey question but not totally sure - with Christmas around the corner it’s something I’d like to get set up!!

3 Likes

When will be the rgbw controller 2 supported?
Have 9 of them and I cant get them to work :sweat_smile:.
Hope some one will add them to the list.

I know I have already done that.
Hope all of you will do it as well.

I have a problem with the status of some of the dimmers sometimes not showing correctly in the Homey App. It’s rather strange, since the Zwave network seems to work perfectly, no irratic behaviour or missed operations there.

Once I press the dimmer affected in the app twice (once to make the app aware of the actual status and the next time to actually toggle the status), it is ok again until a couple of days later.

Has anybody seen this kind of behaviour before?

Yes, unfortunately I occasionally have the same experience with both dimmers and switches. The fact that the (random) device is not switched is one thing, but Homey showing the wrong status is pretty worrying to my opinion, as you cannot trust the status when looking at the app from a distant location.

@HVB83 @Jo_San there is another topic where the wrong status is dicussed:

Athom has stated they are looking into this problem, lets hope soon, but you never know until its done.

It is very handy if you post a problem, then also mention what is the TypeNumber of the device, this way other people can compare if that is the same.

Has anyone managed to add the Fibaro Walli Switch (FGWDSEU-221) to Homey?
I remember reading long back about some issues with that particular Walli but now when I searched I could not find that information.
Will it be added to the Fibaro app?

Athom just released a new rc, which should help with this.

I am not sure that is the case. As I understand it, that RC solves the issue that popped up recently.
I am talking about the Walli Switch which is not even listed on the Fibaro app page as being supported.
But I do hope even the Switch is supported in that RC. :slight_smile:

I have a problem with the RGBW dimmer - a toggle off/on action often turns the RGB LED strip back on at a deep red.

Is this a known bug that will be fixed?

Thanks.

Dimmer2 and RGB Strip?!

Sorry, I meant the RGBW controller :slight_smile:

Funnily enough I just solved this. I assume you’re wiring all colours to one switch?
Check my post here - this solution worked :slight_smile:

Hi there - oh - great - did you mean to include a link in your post tho? thanks :slight_smile: