new LED Stripes allow much better control of every single LED and therefor fantastic effects.
There is a big project for WS28xx LEDs at Github:
Works on an ESP via IP and is often updated, very stable and well documentated.
The developer even made apps for iOs and Android.
Integrations exist for almost any free SmartHome System : ioBroker, HomeAutomation etc… (but not for Homey…)
It works with
- WLED app for Android and iOS
- JSON and HTTP request APIs
- Blynk IoT
- E1.31, Art-Net, DDP and TPM2.net
- UDP realtime
- Alexa voice control (including dimming and color)
- Sync to Philips hue lights
- Adalight (PC ambilight via serial) and TPM2
- Sync color of multiple WLED devices (UDP notifier)
- Infrared remotes (24-key RGB, receiver required)
Of course I would support testing.
Thank you for regarding this