[App][Pro] Advanced Scheduler

I’m sorry for a late reply. I didnt notice this question.

It seems that you are never setting tag “Blinds - Hverdag” to anything but yes. Every time the schedule event is triggered, the tag is set to yes.

I THINK you could simply set the “other tags” to no, when you set the one you want to use to yes. If that was unclear, pleas let me know. I can try to illustrate with a picture.

@Fredrik_Palsson
Please illustrate :slight_smile:

So there are at least two ways to do this. Either you set all the boolean values at every schedule event like the below. You need to reset the tags that should not be active.

And so on…

Or you instead use a numeric or string tag and set the tag value to 1 for weekdays, 2 for weekends and 3 for “heligdag”. Or you set a string value to “weekday”, “weekend” or “heligdag”.

Then of cause you need to check those values in the flow, but I guess you are able to figure that out.

Also, I do think your logic for “but only if after x” might be wrong, like discussed previously. Do you only want the schedule to trigger on weekdays if the sun goes up after 06:15? Or do you want it to be sunset or 06:15, whichever comes first?

Hi @Fredrik_Palsson, is it possible to add a lux value of an lux/light sensor as schedule event?

Hmmm.

By definition the time the value of a sensor like a lux sensor reaches a specific value is not scheduled as i changes accordign to a number of “random things”. So I wonder how that would fit in in the Advanced Scheduler app. Could you please explain what your scenario is?

One thing I have been contemplating is to add theoretical light intensity as a trigger. It is possible to calculate a theoretical lux value based on time and geolocation. Then a trigger COULD be: Trigger when lux value goes below/above X. But I guess that is not what you are looking for?

At the beginning of my Smart Home experience, I triggered almost all events based on time or solar events, including the opening/closing of my roller shutters and the light. In the meantime, however, I noticed that it was sometimes light outside at sunset (just an example) but on other days it was already dark. If it is still light or already dark seems to depend on the time of year, but especially on the weather. And because I don’t want my roller shutters to close when it’s still light, I changed my flows at some point and let them be triggered by the brightness (lux). In addition, I use a timer that triggers the flow to close the shutters after a random time, e.g. 0 - 20 minutes.
Because your app already includes times, solar events and random times, so an extension to include changes in lux values would be helpful (for me). This would allow me to reduce the number of flows and make them clearer.
I don’t know how the theoretical light intensity compares to times, solar events or real lux values, but it could be helpful and it might be a compromise to real lux values.

But if you want to trigger a flow at a certain lux value, then it really no longer has anything to do with a scheduler in the typical sense, you are right of course.

Ok. Thanks for your explanation. I will have to think about this for a while, as it is a substantial change to use sensor values in this app.

Your suggestion is appreciated, and MIGHT be implemented in the future. However not likely in the near future since I have another Homey-project starting up, and the sun is shining too much :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello everyone
I would like to schedule a lamp to be lit at sunset or when the sun goes down very early in the evening at 20h30 .
Is “last of 20:30 and sunset” the right scheduler?
Thank you

1 Like

It is hard to reply, as your information above is vague.

If you use ”last of 20:30 and sunset”, that will mean:

Trigger at 20:30 if the sun goes down before 20:30. Trigger at sunset if the sun goes down after 20:30.

I hope that makes it clear.

Hello, yes it is very clear! and that’s exactly what i want !!! Thank you. Can you with the same words (simple and clear) tell me what happens when I put “use first” (with sunset and 20:30)

If you use ”first of 20:30 and sunset”, that will mean:

Trigger at sunset if the sun goes down before 20:30. Trigger at 20:30 if the sun goes down after 20:30.

Keep asking if you need to. Also you can check the manual pages: Advanced Scheduler main help page | com.fp.advanced-scheduler

perfect I will use to close the blinds in the evening and open them in the morning.
evening: ”last of 20:30 and sunset”
morning: ”first of 7:30 and sunrise”

Thanks again !

You are welcome!

2 Likes

with the time change in France and Europe my schedule starts an hour earlier? in my “schedule events” I have 8:30 pm and today everything started at 7:30 pm. Is this a problem with the Homey clock or your application?

Have you tested with "when the time is … " trigger?
It triggers at the correct time (Netherlands), (besides the 59s delay issue)
2021-10-31 19:59.59.633 Flow [Het is 20 uur], gestart om 19:59. Het tijdstip nu vlgs Homey = 20:00

This evening (Sunday, October 31st) at exactly 23:00 hr Advanced scheduler started to give random triggers.
It should have given triggers at sunrise/6:00 hr, 09:00 hr and sundown/19:00 hr.
But instead of that it triggered from 23:00 hr at least once a second.

Could this be a bug that is related to the change of summertime to Wintertime. Note that 23:00 hr today is 00:00 hr Wintertime!

Regards,
Paul

Had the exact same issue. It started triggering all schedules at 2300 forcing me to disable my flows.

@Thierry_Sabatier, @Paul_Scholte, @jpcams

I noticed the problems myself, and for me continious triggering stopped beeing a problem at midnight. Unfortunately my development environement was not really working at the moment, so I was not able to debug the issue at all during this one hour. I will investigate as soon as possible and update the app when I have found a solution.

If any of you still have problems as we speak, please let me know!

1 Like

First problem when my programming started at 7:30 p.m. instead of 8:30 p.m., then at 11 p.m. ??? full of eratic triggers, forcing me to deactivate all my flows ??? It was crazy …

@Thierry_Sabatier I’m sorry that the app have created these problems. Are they resolved for now, or is it still not working?