[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

@Jamie

Hello Jamie,

Thanks for this great app, it works like a charme for me :slight_smile:

I have a question regarding the Condition above, you crossed out the text. What does it mean? We won’t have this condition? Or you’ll develop another equivalent condition?

Thanks again for this app.

Regards,

Moussa.

It’s not currently available, but it was in the past and I can add it again in the future.

I just feel like it will create more confusion then it’s worth.

—

Re the ring, it must be a setting somewhere, I have a spot and show.g2 and my ring doesn’t automatically show up. I know of a setting in the Alexa app where you can have Alexa announce when motion is detected, perhaps it’s around there?

—

Sounds like there is some issue with the app reconnecting to Alexa after a scheduled soft restart, odd as the same token I create should just reconnect…

But I don’t have the power user option enabled for homey and I Don’t Schedule restarts … I would suggest disabling the restart and see if that fixes the issue.

—

To the person who’s connect only last 10 minutes (sorry on my mobile), how reliable is your internet connection?

Thanks Jamie. I have looked around there and I have the announce options turned on but there are no other settings that I can see. Alexa does tell me someone is at the door but I don’t get the live stream unless I ask for it. Maybe I will try removing the device and the skill and add them back in again just in case it is an update issue.
Anyway, I don’t want to hijack your topic anymore as this has moved away from a request for your app.

All good, let me know if you figure it out … sounds like a cool feature and I want to use it myself.

Hello Jamie, thanks for your update.
It’s just to know which Alexa device is telling something, as I have several devices. That will allow me to create generic Alexa routines, for instance, close / open the shutter, without specifying the name of the room where the shutter is located. And depending on Alexa device, the specific shutter should be closed/opened.

I’m sorry to annoy you.

Regards,

Moussa.

Just found this app and super excited, so tested it

But first test failed. Just added on Dot (gen3) and set up a test flow to send some speech. Nothing happened.

Restarted the app due to the bugs listed here, tried again, still nothing.
Devices seem to be connected tho

Any ideas?

Please make sure you are connected to the correct server … if you connect to the wrong one - your text to speech will not work.

:tired_face:

Interesting use case though that condition was “when you say x to Alexa” eg. when Alexa hears “Alexa it’s dancing time “ - I guess it could be “by device” “when echo bedroom hears good night”

Yeah, definitely on the right server.(I’m in UK so selected EU/India)

Just set up a flow that said “When flow runs” then “say Testing Testing 123”

EDIT: Just tried a different action (Pause) also nothing. Get a green tick on test and the devices seem to be adding okay :confused:

Hi there, mine also did not work for a while, although I am in the Netherlands, I had to put it on North America to make it work again. It worked before on the eu server, but after a few weeks it stoped working, changing the server made it work again…

1 Like

Thanks. Just tried a switch to North America and same as above. Nothing :frowning:

Edit. Can still add other devices tho. Only added my gen 3 but just added my gen2 . They won’t respond either tho

Managed to get this working eventually using a different phone. Seems that something was invisibly crashing when I was connecting to Alexa on the other phone which restarted the app. Assumed this was just default behaviour as everything appeared to work correctly

On the other phone it seems to work correctly and a quick test now works

@Jamie you seem to be missing the Echo Show 8 (I added the large one but the 8 doesn’t appear in any category) - any reason for this?

I have a same issue. :confused:

The server you Alexa devices are connected to is unrelated to your physical location. For example I’m in Australia and my devices are attached to the US server.

@vaderag can you give me more details about which device you were unable to connect with? Might be a bug in the athom app.

Hi @Jamie
The device I can’t connect is a show…

There is no listing for the echo show 8

You have the 5 and the gen 2 (10") but the 8 isn’t there

Thanks!

Please read the FaQ on how to get a new device added to the app, or search this app on new about the Show 8.

Can I add a new alexa device?

Yes I can add new devices, but I will require first the assets and device information in order to add it.

1. SVG of the new device in the same aesthetic as the other icons I have.
  2. An image of the device ideally 2000x2000px in the same aesthetic as the other images I have (white background etc).
  3. The name of the device, and its average power usage.
  4. The unique identifier of the device, I can normally find these out with some help and a diagnostic report.
  5. Someone to test each and every feature of the app upon new device and report back if any features do not work.

Any suggestions on where to find these things?

Edit: @Jamie reading the search it seems all the assets needed have already been posted in the thread?

1 Like

Too bad, the app does not work with my Sonos One.
The app has to be restarted again and again (no need to disconnect and reconnect your account!). And after a restart, you can only hear the voice at the second flow. Alexa (Sonos One) stays silent at the first flow.

I have a Sonos One but don’t see it as a supported Alexa device in the app on the app store. So haven’t tried it yet.
Are you using the app from the store?
Still waiting for Alexa to talk Dutch, if it will ever happen…

Sonos One is supported in the Beta-App.

1 Like

Oke, thanks.