[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hi I’m happy to send again as I would also love the Echo Show 8 to be added to this app. @Jamie

1 Like

Got my laptop back, a bit of a backlog of things that need to be setup, I am just working with Ivo to get the icons correct.

I just want to take a moment to talk about why this app ‘stops working’ and why I haven’t fixed it. Its pretty simple, I can not reliably replicate the issue. Thats not to say the issues doesn’t exist, I know it does. But no one has been able to provide details which allow me to replicate the issue every time.

Here is a list of things I have tried when I am connected

• Restarted the app (app remains connected)
  • Restarted homey via general settings (app remain connected)
  • Restarted the Echo (app remains connected)
  • Killed Internet to Homey for 10 min (app reconnects one net is restored)
  • Killed Internet to Echo for 10 min (app reconnects one net is restored)

If you find a way to reproduce the app not responding, please let me know.

Thanks

When restart the homey via general settings, i’m lost the connection, and Alexa not say anything. I’m not tested on the latest version (4.2.0). Anyway when I’m restart the app twice, it’s working fine.

Another intresting thing, my memory is full sometimes so thats why I’m restart the device.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice to restart the app two times! Until now only a soft reboot or a reconnect to the Amazon account was a workaround for me.

1 Like

Hi Jamie, I think it is not a general connection problem. My dot is still shown as connected even when TTS doesn‘t work after a few days.

Just an idea, this morning I updated the Alexa app on my iPhone (Amazon App not Homey App). After that TTS didn’t work on the Echo Dot. I have to say that I didn’t test TTS before the update of the Amazon App. So just an idea. I will check this in future before. After a double restart of the Homey App everything works fine.

Yeah, I’m still having issues with this. It worked for a couple of days then something caused it to disconnect, so reconnected and it seems connected but nothing works. Rebooted, restarted app, all led to nothing :frowning:

More than happy to help debug if there are detailed instructions on how!

When you say a couple of days … I am guessing you don’t mean 7 days? And that you dont have any flows which restart Homey or the App?

Good question.
I can’t say precisely but I’m pretty certain it wasn’t 7 days, no… Maybe 3

I have no flows that restart Homey or the App either (although I have done both in trying to debug)

I now had the ‘disconnect’ issue a couple of times after other apps got updated on the Homey.
The behavior is indeed a bit erratic, I can restart the homey most of the times without having issues but when the netgear app updates or my router get a new firmware it is causing issues.
And the resolution is restarting the Alexa app twice always.
While it is not working nothing in the app suggests its not working, all devices are ‘connected’ (no warning etc), the app is not stopped or paused.

Next time it happens I will use some test flows to trigger different actions to see if all connections are down from the Alexa app or only some. Ill then send a diagnostics report so you can see what happens in the log.

Hi @Jamie,
would it be possible to adress the last used Echo to speak?
Example: I use one of the existing echos to start a flow using a virtual switch. In tve flow I would like to give a response using this Echo (sent from theo flow)?
Using one explicit Echo is possible, but for answering over Echo I would like to address the last used on.
Is it possible to get info about last used Echo over the API?
Thanks for a feedback.

When trying to sign-in at Amazon, I’m continuously re-linked to a page telling me to “Please Enable Cookies to Continue”. The process gets stuck here. A button leads back to the Sign-In page from Amazon. Closing the browser leads back to the homey app waiting forever for information from Amazon. I’m trying to register my Echo Dots (3rd gen.).

The app is configured to use amazon.de, servers are set to “EU and India”.

Tried with all my mobiles (Android) and several browsers (Vivaldi, Firefox) on my Arch Linux machine. Cookies ARE enabled.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks for help.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that I’m situated in Norway but try to logon into the German Amazon (no Norwegian Amazon servers exist). So, I suspect the geo-location of my IP may cause the problem. Haven’t tried to use VPN yet. Don’t have access to German VPN servers. If someone could confirm that this may be the problem, I’d make an NordVPN account or similar.

BTW, I also tried the alpha app with the same result. Likewise with an Ipad. Internet searches show that others have similar problems with Amazon log-in pages (for ex., when accessing their Kindle account in a browser). But these are always browser-specific. Not for me. I have tried plenty different browsers, most of them freshly installed.

I hope that someone can give me a good hint.

Sven

I have the same issue using US server

Hi all,

I have the folowing problem. I installed the Alexa app to integrate my Alexa devices and smart plugs to homey. If I connect the window opens to enter the Amazon Alex credentials. after entering I get the following failure message - Please enable cookies to continue, to continue shopping at amazon.com, please enable cookies in your web browser -

All cookies are enabled, no blockers, tried iOS and antroid with different browsers.

Does someone can help me or has an idea?
Thanks
IL

Obviously lots of people have this problem lately. It seems we have a recently introduced bug here. The question is: is it on the side of the app or Amazon. I guess Amazon has changed something in their authentication procedure recently that is no longer matched by the app. Can we do anything to help the maintainer to fix the problem?

Sven

Same problem with „Cookies“.

Here is a log from Firefox’ “web console” that may help to trace the problem. The message with the “sameSite” cookies shows up immediately when the virtual phone shows the site with the dropdown menu for choosing the region (North America, EU/India etc) and the “Click to Connect” button.

Some cookies are misusing the recommended “sameSite“ attribute 10

Cookie “AWSALB” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite drivers

—%< SNIPP (more similar messages for other cookies follow) --------

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience.
null

1 Like

Ill have a look tomorrow and try and get our a fix.

Thanks

4 Likes

Any idea when the echo show 8 will be added Jamie