[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Routines work fine for me, did you setup a routine to open the garage in Alexa or in Homey? If i setup a really simple flow in Homey to trigger a Alexa routine to for example turn off the lights, all seems to be working fine. Could you test something like this and see if that works?

Also did you try to add the Garage device in your homey devices (through alexa)? That could also be a way to get it working, even without routines. I added my TV (through Neo coolcam IR) in this way since the Homey app doesn’t support that device yet.

If you go to "devices"on your homey app, click the + and then click Amazon Alexa and see if the attached device shows up.

photo_2020-06-29_13-37-12

And as a last resort option you could let Homey give voice commands to Alexa (if they are close to eachother, Create a flow for homey to say Alexa, open the garage door or something similar…(yeah it’s a bit stupid, but i use it in a flow to change TV channels from Homey flows lol)

Thats exactly where i think the issue could be with the “play button” since from flows it works fine, do you send the play command from the play button to a specific device, since it seems to only play on the last device that played the music. So there must be a (small) difference in using the play button vs the flows triggered i guess

Using voice commands i can play different music on different devices actually, so don’t know what you exactly mean by that.

Will try the "Good vibrations everywhere"and see if that will work for me, thanks :+1:

Results for version 3.3.7

Flows Cards on Homey:
#Say something: :white_check_mark:
#Simon says: :white_check_mark:
#Alexa good morning: :white_check_mark:
#Calendar: :white_check_mark:
#Fun with Alexa/sing a song: :white_check_mark:
#Fun with Alexa/FunFact: :white_check_mark:
#Play music Spotify: :white_check_mark:
#Set volume to: :x:
#Next: :white_check_mark:
#Back: :white_check_mark:
#Pause: :white_check_mark:
#Play: :white_check_mark:
#Toggle play/pause: :white_check_mark:
#Shuffle on: :white_check_mark:
#Shuffle off: :white_check_mark:
#Repeat: :x: (It shows blue, but doesn’t work)

On Homey App:
#Shows Cover: :white_check_mark:
#Play: :white_check_mark: (except multiple device issue described above)
#Pause: :white_check_mark:
#Next: :white_check_mark:
#Back: :white_check_mark:
#Shuffle: :white_check_mark:
#Repeat: :x: (It shows blue, but doesn’t work)
#Volume Up/Down: :white_check_mark:
#Weather Report: :white_check_mark:
#News Report: :white_check_mark:
#Traffic Report: :white_check_mark:
#Stop :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Thats greate @Chris_nl - which device was that for?

Tested on Echo Gen 1 and Echo Gen 2, if you want i can also test on the Echo dot 2

1 Like

Hi,
triggering devices through Alexa works fine. Routines just do not react as programmed.
Neither of the routines start.
Any idea?

So you have a device on Alexa that you can trigger with Alexa voice commands but if you make that device part of an Alexa routine it doesn’t work? Also not with a voice command? Or can’t you get the routine to start from a Homey flow?

In addition to this, neither of the commands like phrases etc. work. Only turning on and off devices directly seems to react.

Just to be clear, also voice commands for routines don’t work, only voice commands for devices? Or did i not understand correctly? It’s not entirely clear to me what the exact issue is i guess

HI,
Alex works perfect:
devices - work
Scenes - work
Routines - work
Voice commands - work

Homey:

• turning on/off devices imported through Alexa (light, other, plugs) for example with a virtual homey switch - works
  • Triggering any of the Alexa actions(picture) offered by homey when you create a flow and select the Echo-device ( play, pause, phrases, reports, Alexa says, routines) - no reaction by Alexa

ah okay, thats strange, i use these flowcards and for me they do work (except for a small issue with music on multiple devices. I see in your image you are using a Amazon Show? I use the Echo, so could have something to do with that maybe? @Jamie

Maybe stupid question, but did you connect the Alexa App on homey through the right server? (I could connect my devices when i connected to the wrong one, they just didn’t do anything else)

I have tried with all 12 Alexas. No success. How to connect via a different server? What is strange is the fact that all routines and devices are recognized (devices work) but actions are not running.

Yeah that is very strange, i just have some Echo dots and normal Echo’s to test with, all seems fine for me. In the homey app when you go to settings - Alexa i disconnected and reconnected to a different server (in my case the EU server), when i connected to the US server i did see my devices (didn’t check routines etc), but also couldn’t use it in flows. So that is something you might wanna try. And i’m just guessing to what the cause is in your situation, just giving you some tips that worked for me, hope it helps

Hi, the serverchange solved it. Changed to North America and back to Europe and now all works. Thanks for your help

That’s great! Glad it helped fixing it. :+1:

Sorry if I have missed above @Jamie , any plans for ANZ (Sydney) based Amazon Server? Or doesn’t it exist down under?

Hey @PJ-AU, the Australia server is actually already been added - its called ‘Far East’ … Odd I know, I don’t name them.

While I’m Australian my devices are connected to the US server, but other Australians haven’t had a problem. Please let me know how you go.

Thanks @Jamie I’ll test, it authenticated fine, then after selecting Server, it just sat at the “Waiting” page … spinning and spinning.

Here is diag report if you can check 96e8ba96-0116-4e1f-a9b6-99236482996f?

Hey, so I checked over the error log you sent.

The App is returning a 401 error, ie. Unauthorized.

Are you sure that you have the right user/pass?

Regardless of your server or which one your devices are connected to … they will actually show and allow you to add them.

Hey @Jamie It authenticates correctly and you get the typical “ Amazon Alexa Cookie successfully retrieved. You can close the browser.” then when you close this page it reverts to waiting screen with spinning wheel. Eventually I kill this and send you the diag. Any other debugging available?