[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

I tested the new feature Alexa command with my echo show 8: it works like a charme. Some basic tests like "turn on the light or turn off the light… "

Hi i also tested it and it s working perfectly, btw in germany this feature isn t available in the alexa app yet, but it s working :slight_smile:

thanks

btw, may you can add the new echo 4 devices?

br

Ive asked the Amazing Ivo to create some icons for the v4 echo. I’ll add the new ones as soon as I can.

Wow! :heart_eyes::ok_hand:t2: This is exactly what I needed to control my fan’s speed which supports Alexa but not compatible with Homey. Now I don’t have to set up any routines, I can just easily send a command and build the flows. I can also use the Dim Level function as a virtual device to control speed.

Hi, I am trying to use this app for sending Alexa-commands from flows in Homey to Alexa devices. For example, “Alexa, start routine morning”.

First I would like to ask if anyone uses the app with version 5.0.0-rc.xx? (I know it’s a release candidate but I need it for other devices in my home.) I use rc.50 at the moment. At the moment I can not use the commands that are available in this app. Probably due to this.

I can add all my Alexa devices, but I can not do anything with them.

Thanks!

Please check out the second post in this thread titled “Frequently asked questions”

Thanks, @Jamie! Sorry for not checking out the FAQ, I did not expect the solution “change server” to be the solution. Now it works!

I am trying to trigger routines. The function “Trigger Routine” does not work for me, routines are not listed under “Name of the routine”.

In the FAQ it says:

Why don’t my routines show in the flow action

For a routine to show, it must be given a name with in the alexa app.”

I have given the routines names etc under Routines > Your routines in the Alex app. The featured routines are not listed either.

If I try to use your function “Alexa Command” I can send a command like “Alexa, good morning” to run the featured routine Good morning in the Alexa app, but I can not run a routine listed under Your routines in the same way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi @johank i ve the same problem, the first time i click on the rountine button it s empty then i have to go back an click again routines, then they are available.
Click on trigger routine (in my case empty)

then press the back button and again trigger routine

give it a try
br
Martin

Thanks, @Martin_Tschanun! I tried it several times now, but it did not work for me, not yet. I will try some more and hopefully, the list will be populated in the end.

Thanks!

i ve two cases:

1. if the App is started it s not really working. It shows all the devices but i have to restart the app twice that eg voice responses etc are working. (i did there some flows to automaticly do the job if the connection isn t working, see my post earlier)
  2. as mentioned i ve to click 2 times to trigger routine.

may it help to restart the alexa app and after try the routine workaround which is working in my case.

br
Martin

2 Likes

@Jamie I would like you to add the soundbar Samsung Q950T to the app.

I await you’re response.

Kind regards!

Same here no ,Alexa say‘ is working even weather reports. Alexa is not talking anymore :frowning:

(from another fellow aussie) thank you for this wonderful plugin @Jamie . Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but i came across two nuances (which has been already covered but i wanted to make an emphasis from a usability perspective):

1. The user must absolutely must specify the correct server (should be some instructions on how to determine which server you are connected). The app will allow you to choose the incorrect server and will baffle users as to why ‘devices are detected’, but cannot be controlled

2. Alexa reporting decimal values. If its 20.1, alexa will say ‘twenty comma one’. My use case is weather reporting with the SAY command

Hi @Jamie

Hello Jamie, I sent you a message because the connection to Amazon Alexa is constantly being interrupted. ID system report enclosured . Hope this helps to overcome and solve the problem.
Many thanks
tregobad

2 Likes

try restarting the Alexa Homey App

Hi @Jamie since 3.5.101 i ve every night the problem that the app lose the authentication and i have to reauthenticate in the morning. Before it was fine.

same here. seems like the refresh of the token is not working anymore.

same here

Hey everyone,

Sorry @tarumaycry i have no way to know which server a device is on. Trust me if I could automate it I would, people choosing the wrong server contributes to over 50% of people saying it doesn’t work.

I’ll check to see if there has been any changes to the tokens. Also just a FYI to everyone, this isn’t oAuth, there isn’t a refresh token.

Thanks

1 Like

LoL every morning…