[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

Hey @Jamie - overall plugin has been quite stable but, TTS i.e. ‘Alexa Say’ is a little flakey not sure why. Making an Echo device play a ‘sound’ works 10 out of 10 times (not sure if that provides you any additional hints). I was hoping to find some logs in the developer section to paste it here, but appears thats not available.

The only thing I’ve noticed with tts, is it’s possible to get rate limited. When I first started developing this app all types of odd things happened where tts requests would not be actioned or were actioned 4 hours later.

Hi, I’m using this nice app since few weeks to warn us, through Alexa voice, that the level of CO2 is too high. It works…for some hours! After a period (longest 2 days, shortest 1 or 2 hours) homey lose the server connection. In the last few days the situation has worsened. The connection goes lost always in few hours.
I’ve read about the wrong server but when it is connected it works so it means it is the right server, or not?
It seems also other user has a similar problem, what is going on?
thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Jamie, it s a little bit anoying that the app (after update to 3.5.101) everyday lose their authentication. Is it possible to download the app (github) to install the older version manually? Thanks for your great work and support. br

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem, since about one week, the app constantly disconnects, it used to work pretty well before. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

Same here,i live in France so connect on European server and i have to restart the app almost everyday

1 Like

Same issue here @Jamie , the app was stable during the last weeks but is now very instable, regarding the Authentication.

I have to re-enter my credentials every 4h00 (eu server).

1 Like

after some further testing, issue just isn’t limited to TTS. Like others have mentioned, rebooting the App temporarily fixes the issue though

1 Like

Same problem. Every 10min’s i need to re-enter my credentials. Eu server also.
Few weeks ago it seems pretty stable bit this week was a pain in the a** :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I’m using a lot of flows where alexa is replying to me. Hope you will find a fix for this.

2 Likes

I think Amazon change something because i lost authentification every 10mn now,before it happen 1 a week and i didn’t have to re-authentificate,just a restart of the app and it was ok,but since 3-4 days it’ always loose the connexion☹
I specify it’s just the echo device disconnect(red triangle on the device)but the others devices like lights,smart humidifiers,ect…are still connect and works fine
Europeean server here
Thanks to Jamie for this great app and hope he can resolve the problem​:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Same here, mine now loses connection very quickly every time.

@Jamie , you mentioned above that you’re not using OAuth. Any particular reason for that? This type of federated authorisation is what OAuth is designed for and more likely to supported by Amazon.

Same issue here with the disconnects, I think I’m on the NA server. Love this functionality, happy to put some beer money towards a fix :slight_smile: and happy to help with testing in any way if needed.

Here too, Alexa app looses the connection with the server almost every day or even more frequently!

1 Like

Same here :frowning: Disconnecting every day

After removing and reinstall the app,seems to stay connect,almost 24 hours without re authentificate,hope it stay this way🤞

Hi, i also tried it but without sucess. I did now a workaround through ifttt and Alexa Actions by mkzense to start routines in my flows. Hopefully it can be fixed in near future.

For the last few days noc reconnects only when restarting the app once.

@Jamie Thank you so much for your great work!

Is it possible to initiate from Honey a question that is asked by Alexa and that the answer yes/no is sent back to honey?

@Jamie
Hi Jamie,
is there any news about the disconnect problem?
For me, the connection to the Amazon server is still gone every morning (de). You use port 3080 for polling, is that the TCP or UDP protocol? As a trial I open the ports on my Fritzbox for Homey.

You are lucky,me it’s every 10mns the app disconnects :rage:
Edit 29/01:since one and half day now,no deconnexion,everything works as it should be,hope the problem is resolve