[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

Good news! I see that the python library has a solution to support the red rm mini 3 and rm mini 4: https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink/pull/317
@Remko: do you think you can takeover this solution?

1 Like

En hier stopt het… kan drukken wat ik wil, maar er gebeurd niets.
@Remko Komt er nog een update hiervoor?

1 Like

hi to everyone, I think I don’t understand how to add an ir command to my rm pro plus, I’ve add without problem to homey but I cant learn any signal, where I do wrong ? thank you

edit:
okay done XD I’ve restart the app and now all work great

thanks the app is very smart!

Hi, i have problem, that very ofter i lost some random command from my device (without any changes in list, no add, no delete) i must learn repeat. Is any fix or solution? Thx

Hi,

I have managed to use the RM4 broadlink devices (which is unsupported by this app) using Athom Homey MQTT Client , Athom Homey MQTT broker and Github Python Broadlink MQTT

So the below mentioned devices are now supported:

rm4: 0x51da,  # RM4b
      0x5f36,  # RM Mini 3
      0x610f,  # RM4c
      0x610e,  # RM4 mini
      0x62be  # RM4c

I had to changing the code below in mqtt.py and run the scripts using python 3

# RM2 record/replay control
             if device.type == 'RM2':
             file = dirname + "commands/" + command
             handy_file = file + '/' + action

into

# RM2 record/replay control
             if device.type == 'RM4' or 'RM2':
             file = dirname + "commands/" + command
             handy_file = file + '/' + action

Maybe this also helps the developer of this application to update the app or other users to get their RM4 up and running.

3 Likes

so u need to run mqtt and broadlink python on a raspberry pi?

Not necessarily a raspberry pi, but yes on a separate computing system that runs python.

See the same thing but cant get learning to start

Hi everyone. I’m new, I recently bought 4 mini and 4 pro. What do you need to make them work ?

Hello!
Why my new RM3 Mini can’t learn IR commands?
When I click on the “Learn IR Command” button, nothing happens.
With RM Pro Plus - all Ok.

1 Like

Hi,

Is there already a solution to add the red rm mini 3 to the homey app?

Regards,
Peter

hi,
did someone found a solution to increase the duration time of the RF signal ?
My RMpro works correctly with my gate and the e-control app but when i try to use it whith homey and a learned RF command , i can see just a (too short) flash on the RM pro, not enought longer to be seen by my gate system
thanks for your help

1 Like

Hello!
Can You fix RM3 Mini, it can’t learn IR commands?
When I click on the “Learn IR Command” button, nothing happens.
With RM Pro Plus - all Ok.

Hi everyone,

Today I received the broadlink RM Pro+ as an add-on to my Homey Pro (as the latter is not capable of learning the codes from my remotes). I read many good reviews on the broadlink, so here we go… (I thought).

After reading the manual of the broadlink I was succesful in getting it operational fast and easy.
Next step was to install the Broadlink app both on my Samsung and my iPad. Next step… add an apparatus (via the Broadlink app).

My current understanding is that you also need to install the e-Control app from Broadlink, which I did.
adding an apparatus in that app is however not working.

I need to fill-in a Wifi adress and password. I guess this is the Wifi which both the Broadlink and My Samsung are using, but this does not work (after 30 seconds I get a time-out). What I am doing wrong here?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards, Jan

In the meantime I got a bit further, but when I provide the ‘correct’ IP-adres, (after selecting the Broadlink RM Pro Plus) as device I get a message that “found another device (errror 6026)”.

Could it be that the RM Pro+ is not supported by this App? (new firmware?)

Best regards, Jan

I have the pro+ and it works perfect…

Then u don’t have the 6026 like Jean does and is not supported by the app (yet).

Best ask the developer to add the device (if possible ofc) to the app.
Plz refer to the 6026.

Might be; I just read “rm pro+” and that one is perfectly supported depending on the version. Of course you need to first check which version is supported by homey before you order something and then start blaming homey for being a lousy product in several topics :slight_smile:

I know but that’s hard to do. Have a mini added and works perfectly. Bought another mini and it appears to be the “red” one which is not supported at all. So searching for the pro+ is not enough in this case, unfortunately. And i catch ur drift. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Hannes85,

I just responded to a question. Last week I joined a Webinar from Homey wherein it was advocated that everything is plug-and-play… and that all protocols are supported. Apparently that is not the case (especially not for something simple as IR).

But it would be very helpful if you could explain how you managed to get it properly working :-).

Jan