[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

That was a lie!
For details (in Dutch) about Plug and Play click here.

But see my post a few posts up and ask the developer if he can add the device if possible at all.
For now the 6026 is not in the app and won’t work at all untill added (if possible) to the app. Nothing @Hannes85 can do about that for u.

Which version did you buy? The RM 3 pro+ is the “last” version of the pro(+) supported. If you bought the 4 then it is not supported.

On the website of the seller nothing was mentioned/indicated wrt the version of this Broadlink RM Pro+, but based on the IP-adress overview it appears that this is indeed a version 4. I will approach the developer of this App (as proposed by @Rocodamelshekima) with the request to also add this latest version to the list.

Best regards, Jan

2 Likes

Hello everyone ,

Unfortunately no response yet from the developer of the app, so I am trying something else.

The BroadLink app (v1.3.30) also has the opportunity to create e.g. scènes and can also work with Siri. Is it somehow possible to start a flow in Homey and a scène in BroadLink based on the same instruction, e.g. ‘Film kijken’. This would result in two flows in parallel. If I use the same trigger, I the message that it is not possible.

Hope someone already found a solution. I am really interested in it.

Best regards Jan

Any update on this? I’m planning to buy the device to see if it can control my automatic blinds, but I’m ready all kind of difficult stuff.

There is no way to know if you buy a old model. On marktplaats, which is a dutch buying and selling site for consumers, there was only one and that doesnt seem to be a old model.
I’m wondering if it is still applicable though, because : ALL OF THIS IS NOW FIXED. THIS VIDEO IS ONLY HERE TO FORWARD YOU ON!!! PLEASE SEE THE UPDATE HERE: https://youtu.be/sYkep0NPiN4

maybe it is completely something else, i’m just wondering.

I removed the broadlink app from my homey and controll the ir devices over ifttt -> broadlink rm mini 3 (and tomorow my new airco over a rm mini 4)

This because I’m not able to learn any ir controls through this app

But I need the rf signal. And since all vendors are leaving ittt, I don’t want to focus on that party.

Hi,

It seems i bought a RM mini3 “red bean” (error code 5F36) whatever that means, so it will have it sent back as the compatibility mode also doesnt allow IR learning
Now looking at the RM pro plus , where i should also only get the 6026 only

So basically, how can i make sure i get a compatible model, as its near impossible to check which version i buy

So is update for new RM4 Pro and RM4 Mini coming? Or has the developer abandoned the app?

I read someone managed to add their new rm4 pro by fiddling with the code. May someone please provide some more details on how to do so for noobs?

3 Likes

I managed to control new devices (rm 3, rm4,…) using mqtt as described in my earlier post. Thus, not using the broadlink app.

I also checked the source code of the broadlink homey app, and I concluded that it should not be difficult to add support. The js app code seem a convertion from the source python code. Unfortunately I do not have the time to do this, maybe in the winter.

But the app uses the Tuya Smart app and the devices can not connect to that Smart app themselves. Adding the code is the easy part, getting them connected to the Smart app will be a challenge.

Hmm yeah you are right that the tutorial for this app is referring to adding you devices first to e-control.

Looking at the broadlink python library on which this app is based on, you do not need to add your de devices first to the e-control app (actually you shouldn’t to make it work properly).

The mqtt bridge I am currently using doesn’t use Tuya. That said maybe I stick to my solution and not going to put effort to this app.

I just received my RM Pro+ 3 today. Ordered it used. I can add it just fine to Homey. No errors.
I can ‘learn’ the command from the RF remote and can name it. But when using it in a flow, nothing happens.

There is a strange thing, i dont get any feedback on continuously pressing the button or keep it pressed as the manual / app page suggests.

I do see the orange light of the broadlink device light up when learning and also when trying to push the signal.

Any toughts what could go wrong?

Probably a lot of noise from other radio frequencies. Try pressing even before homey tells you to hold to make that it is the first RF input it receives.

I tried to install a RM mini 3 device but it is not recognized, error: Found another device: unknown (5F36)
SDK:2.15,
Firmware:V44057

Have hou searched for the 5F36? Or 5F36 and Homey. What i found is that this is the code for the Red one and that this one is not supported.
Ore there must be an update. I don’t have a Broadlink

I read the posts with many interest. I both a RM mini3, unfortunally the “red one” I get a message code 5F36 when i want to connect with Homey. So I want to buy a new IR solution for my Homey/Airconditioning.

How can I check the version before I bought one? So I need the right one (Black) and not the Red one.
Because otherwise it iwould be expensive discovery tour :slight_smile:

I’ve got 3 but all red, maybe black no longer in production. :roll_eyes:
I’m planning to add the reds to homebridge for better use. :pensive:

Besides the motherboard, does anyone know if there is a difference between them? I’ve bought a used one from ebay equivalent, but it doesn’t work with my blinds. It does get added to homey and thus is a ‘black’ version.

It does record the RF signal, but when sending it out again, it doesn’t do anything. Tried on different places within the house, so don’t think it is interference. As I understand, it cannot be encrypted over 433mhz either.

1 Like

Perhaps this will lead to a solution? https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/comments/bfsfkx/how_to_automate_433mhz_rf_remote_control/

1 Like