[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I can confirm: works

Yes works fine now, thanks for the swift action

v3.3.6 - 2021-09-07

• Added a generic firmware is available triggercard and deprecated the firmware available conditon card which is now obsolete. Please update your flows accordingly.
  • Deprecated the custom flipback switch 2 and flipback switch 4 action cards. These have become obsolete a long time ago, please update your flows to use the regular flipback switch card.
  • Fixed an issue with device icons not displaying correctly.
  • Some other minor improvements in there as well.
1 Like

Since the 3.3.x release today, the input switch of Shelly Uni is wrongly handled. It changes status of inputs in Homey app even if status is not changed in Shelly device. This causes some of my flows to trigger false events.

It took me a while to figure out why my flows did not work as correctly today, even though I had not done any changes to them today. Until I discovered the update of the app today and did some debugging.

So I can no longer use this app for my flows until this problem is resolved. Is there any way to get the old version of Shelly app back?

Sure, you can install a older version from Github. Iā€™ll look into it and come up with a fix soon.

Thanks for your quick reply. Please let me know if you need more info to recreate the problem.

v3.3.7 - 2021-09-08

• Fixed an issue with the 2nd input of a multichannel devices updating incorrectly.
  • Code improvements for the newly added support for Homey Cloud

Hi,

Iā€™m trying to let Homey tell me when en which Shelly device has a new firmware available. With the old card it still works but with the new one and with use of logic it remains silent even though there is a new firmware available.

Any thoughts on what I do wrong? Below the test Flow I use for this.

I checked the device ID and that is correct. Itā€™s also not working if I use the Name tag.

What is probably going on is that you already had a pending firmware before this flow was created. As this new method is a triggercard and I dont want to trigger it every time the device reports itā€™s status itā€™s triggered only once on every new available firmware. So the first time this flow will trigger is when there is a newer firmware available then the current one.

Hmm, that sounds logical. I wil think how I can use this. In my head I wanted to test this Flow a few times, but if it works I can use it on the longer time and with the next firmware.

Hi! Is this still not resolved by Shelly?
https://shelly-api-docs.shelly.cloud/gen1/#shelly-dimmer-1-2-light-0

In other words, transition being available does nothing? :neutral_face:

It seems the API for the dimmer has been updated with this feature in the mean time. Iā€™ll add it to the app soon. Its still not available for all lights according to the docs though.

Yes, I have - but I guess it has yet to be acknowledged by them. Thanks for clearing up about transition (being the global setting) - I thought that it was a new addition, my bad.

You are actually right, it seems to have been added to at least the dimmer since last time I checked. Iā€™ll add it with a future release.

1 Like

've been having a problem with Shelly over the past few and current RC versions. App still shows my devices and flows but they donā€™t work. No error messages. Devices are Shelly 1. Anything changed that I should be adjusting?

Nope, should still work (there would be much more reports here if it wherent). What is not working for you? No control or no status updates or both?

If you have not assigned static IPā€™s to your Shelly a good thing to check is the device settings and see if the IP addresses still match. Another thing could be changes in your own network setup which are blocking traffic. Or a reset of the Shelly 1 causing the CoAP/ CoIot settings to be removed resulting in no updates.

Could be interesting for some of you: Shelly NEXT-GEN Devices LIVE Launch - YouTube

1 Like

No control. I have status updates from door window sensors and use these to let a flow know if a door is opened or not. A flow to open a door when started will check the yes/no variable for the sensor associated with the door, if door closed then shelly 1 is toggled on then off and door opens, if door open then I get sent a message saying door is already open. The only part of the flow that does not work is the part that toggles the shelly 1. This had been working flawlessly for months. The shelly own app outside of Homey works exactly as it always did. The devices have all got reserved IP addresses and I have 2 sets of these flows for different doors and they both now behave the same way.
A frustrating with Shelly is the app tells you one thing that is not necessarily the same as what the webUI says, have just checked and there is a firmware update for devices that the app did not mentino even when checked. Iā€™ll update and see if that remedys

OK, all Shellys updated apart from sensors, the battery operated devices are such a pain as getting them to stay on to do anything means getting up a ladder. But as it seemed to be the Shelly 1s that werenā€™t responding to Homey they seemed more important. The firmware update didnā€™t fix the problem, Shelly standalone app can still activate shelly 1 and operate door but commands sent from Homey Flow does nothing. Have checked IP status and the addresses are the same as they have been. Colot setting is still enabled and the IP address listed there is unchanged.
I have my doubts about recent RC builds as my Homey Pro goes offline for a few seconds at a time several times a day but not much seems to suffer from this.
After the Athom announcement I am hoping that their system is becoming more reliable

Weird. It must be something in your setup though. Have you tested the control of the device through the device itself instead of using a flow (in Homey app, under devices, click a device and switch it). If you have and that also does not give an error after 30 seconds, could you do the following.

Reboot the app, wait one minute, toggle a non-functional Shelly from itā€™s device instance in Homey, wait another 32 seconds and send me a diagnostic report afterwards.